Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:42:22am

Sorry to go OT straight away… Does anyone know how WORDLE manages double letters? Or are they never used?

Dangerman  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:43:37am
House Sergeant-at-Arms William Walker says he intends to train “insider threat specialists” to monitor for security officials whose “allegiance has changed,” Politico reports

This is bigger than it sounds

Belafon  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:45:08am

OK. Now I see what Fauci did about Paul: Showed printouts of Paul’s website that are fundraising off of his attacks on Fauci.

dailykos.com

Dangerman  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:46:05am
Kelly Canon, a well-known conservative activist in Texas who peddled Covid-19 vaccine misinformation, has died of complications caused by the virus — just a few weeks after attending a “symposium”* against the shots, the Daily Beast reports.

*symptomposium

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:47:13am

re: #1 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Found it!

Letters can appear twice: This complicates matters, especially when you’re running out of letters to try on word four or five. But letters often recur, as with words like chill, sissy and ferry having been the correct answers in the past.

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:47:13am
Belafon  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:49:08am

This story about onions: dailykos.com

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:51:55am

Ted let Trump insult his wife as fat and slander his father as a serial killer.

Without demanding a public apology or retraction.

That says all about how low he is willing to debase himself to be accepted by those in power.

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:54:00am

nines09  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:55:46am

What is the difference between Ted Cruz and a cowboy boot?

UiNoSiUclldqacENwgvN8xwQpCJeSXgZ0LSd6GAHMMv9gQsmF8x6WyZ8hPomqtHlXhLE2yg5UdQ=

jeffreyw  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:56:09am

Gumbo for Lunch

William Lewis  Jan 11, 2022 • 10:58:30am

re: #11 jeffreyw

Oh, damn. I’m still awake at noon? And that looks nummy! :) What to do about lunch…

Dangerman  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:00:10am

re: #8 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Ted let Trump insult his wife as fat and slander his father as a serial killer.

Without demanding a public apology or retraction.

And the other 99 hate him anyway

Jay C  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:05:50am

re: #13 Dangerman

And the other 99 hate him anyway

What was former Senator Al Franken’s comment about the junior Senator from Texas?
I like Ted Cruz a lot more than most of my colleagues. And I hate Ted Cruz

William Lewis  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:15:49am

been up way too late, but a bit of ‘sketti noodles, some marinara and a bit of grated parmesan isn’t a bad way to deal with that mistake ;)

William Lewis  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:16:39am

re: #15 William Lewis

BTW, I’d do evil things for a bowl of that gumbo … ;)

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:17:00am

re: #5 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Found it!

I GOT MY FIRST WORDLE! It was my second time playing and it took all six tries. I must do better. That’s honestly unacceptable.

A Cranky One  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:20:00am

IngisKahn  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:26:40am

I was sad you can only play Wordle once per day, so I made a console app.

Dopamine Fish  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:28:01am

re: #19 IngisKahn

I was sad you can only play Wordle once per day, so I made a console app.

Oh, so that’s what Wordle is. I was always pretty good at those, maybe I should try it.

Jay C  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:28:20am

re: #17 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Mazel Tov!
I just played for the first time, and got it in four!
Though for weeks, I have been obsessing over the NYTimes’ Spelling Bee games (both the four-letter daily online and the five-letter print version in the Magazine) so I feel pretty confident working with letters.
Many thanks to the Lizard who found this!

jaunte  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:31:13am
jaunte  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:32:19am
Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:32:27am
lawhawk  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:34:49am

Blasphemer! ///

jeffreyw  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:35:18am

re: #12 William Lewis

Gumbo takes a couple of hours, so dinner, maybe?

jeffreyw  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:36:26am

re: #16 William Lewis

BTW, I’d do evil things for a bowl of that gumbo … ;)

Well.. I have this neighbor…

Dopamine Fish  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:37:53am

Wordle 206 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mike Lamb  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:40:25am

“Vaccine hesitant”? Why do we do this?

Eclectic Cyborg  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:41:00am

That honestly makes me like Fauci even more.

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:41:56am
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:45:59am

re: #21 Jay C

Mazel Tov!
I just played for the first time, and got it in four!
Many thanks to the Lizard who found this!

Thanks!

The first time I played I didn’t realize that the yellow indicated right letter but wrong location. I actually got an anagram of the correct word on try six. That’s when I figured out where I went wrong. Still, six tries is not good. I have to work on that.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:48:23am

re: #28 Dopamine Fish

Four tries on your first go round? I suck. 😢

Dopamine Fish  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:49:36am

re: #33 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Four tries on your first go round? I suck. 😢

Nah, as you said, you didn’t know the rules. Knowing what the yellow meant, and that the keyboard shades out the letters you’ve already used, it was merely a matter of sufficient time to ponder the available combinations until a viable 5-letter word with no repeated letters came to mind.

lawhawk  Jan 11, 2022 • 11:50:14am

⬜🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:14:33pm
Charles Johnson  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:18:14pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:24:06pm

re: #34 Dopamine Fish

You can have repeat letters.

See…I SUCK. Damn.

GlutenFreeJesus  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:24:11pm

re: #35 lawhawk

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:25:21pm

For years now. Alas, we should be happy the cletus safari’s have subsided.

EstebanTornado1963  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:30:16pm
darthstar  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:32:28pm

No Malarkey!  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:37:42pm

A party of psychopaths.

jaunte  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:38:46pm
darthstar  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:40:17pm

So Eartha’s been on the sofa for the last few days curled up on this soft throw my company sent me (they send a lot of gifts). Well, the missus used it last night on a different chair (the one I use as my office for most of the day usually) and I came to sit down and here she was. So I sat next to her and she accepted the compromise.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:40:26pm

The GOP is slowly erasing all the gains of the Civil Rights Era.

Teddy's Person  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:41:29pm

re: #48 Eclectic Cyborg

The GOP is slowly erasing all the gains of the Civil Rights Era.

Honestly, it doesn’t feel all that slow.

No Malarkey!  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:42:08pm

I found this story interesting, because its a rare example of someone born in the US who is not a natural born citizen. Her father was a diplomat, so when she left to join the Islamic State, the Obama Administration (ironically) canceled her passport.

news.yahoo.com

No Malarkey!  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:42:33pm

Feature, not a bug.

jaunte  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:43:35pm

re: #51 No Malarkey!

“If black people don’t exist, how can they be oppressed?”

jaunte  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:44:53pm

Short thread:

jaunte  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:49:13pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Jan 11, 2022 • 12:54:55pm

Imagine if you will a classroom of mostly black kids being subjected to a lily white version of U.S. History that clearly labels them as the bad guys and tells them they should be thankful that slaves were treated so well.

GlutenFreeJesus  Jan 11, 2022 • 1:04:50pm
Barefoot Grin  Jan 11, 2022 • 1:09:35pm

Mary Trump is having her day in court today, from what I understand.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 11, 2022 • 1:14:31pm

After more than two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, Ohio surpassed 100,000 total coronavirus hospitalizations on Tuesday.

The state added 442 hospitalizations in the last day, bringing its total to 100,272, according to the Ohio Department of Health. There were 6,727 COVID patients hospitalized in Ohio Tuesday, with 1,243 in the ICU and 850 on ventilators.

One in three hospital patients and one in three people admitted to the ICU in Ohio have COVID-19, according to the Ohio Hospital Association. COVID hospitalizations increased 4% in the last week and are up 41% in the past three weeks. The number of coronavirus patients admitted to the state’s ICUs decreased by 7% in the past week, but increased 3% in the last three weeks.

Compared to 60 days ago, COVID hospitalizations are up 168% and ICU admissions have increased 73%, according to OHA.

Over the last three weeks Ohio is averaging 332 hospitalizations and 30 ICU admissions a day, according to ODH. Ohio reported 55 ICU admissions on Tuesday.

As of Jan. 1, 2021, 50,828 people hospitalized in the state for COVID were not fully vaccinated and 2,991 people admitted to the hospital were fully-vaccinated. During that same time period, 729 people who were fully vaccinated and 15,324 people who were not fully vaccinated died from COVID, according to the state health department.

darthstar  Jan 11, 2022 • 1:16:52pm

Rightwingconspirator  Jan 11, 2022 • 1:17:15pm

Especially Republicans

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 11, 2022 • 1:17:38pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 11, 2022 • 1:19:22pm
BeenHereAwhile  Jan 11, 2022 • 3:51:21pm

re: #47 darthstar

Eartha Kitty I presume.

Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT

Cash.app Shop at amazon
Los Angeles Sheriff Scandal: 41 Deputies Alleged to Belong to Gangs - Rolling Stone You don't need to be an investigative agent or journalist to sense the difference between the Los Angeles Sheriff Deputies and our Los Angeles Police Officers. For instance, the subway has hired both over the years. The differences were ...
Rightwingconspirator
Tweets: 1 •
YUNGBLUD (With WILLOW) - Memories (Official Music Video) YUNGBLUD (with WILLOW) - Memories (Official Music Video) Stream and download “Memories (with WILLOW)” : yungblud.lnk.to watch more official YUNGBLUD videos: yungblud.lnk.to SIGN UP to YUNGBLUD's Mailing List: yungblud.lnk.to subscribe to YUNGBLUD: yungblud.lnk.to connect with YUNGBLUD online:visit the official ...
2 weeks, 3 days ago