Ben Rector: “Heroes”

Music • Views: 18,387

YouTube

Watch the official music video for Ben Rector’s song, “Heroes.”

New album ‘The Joy Of Music’ is out now. Listen here: smarturl.it

Catch Ben and Joy on tour this summer! See all dates at: smarturl.it

Directed by Ben Kadie
Produced by Maggie Phillips and Jason Phillips
Cinematographer: Sten Olson
Choreographer: Dana Wilson
Production Designer: Jamie Weiss
Production Company: Electric Flower Studios

Music produced by John Fields and Ben Rector
Mixed by Tom Lord-Alge

Lyrics:
I miss when I had superpowers
My imagination was my friend and it ran wild and free
I could waste a couple hours
Without a worry in the world staring at stars out on my trampoline, yeah

I miss when Andy McAuthur was the fastest kid there was and kid there was ever gonna be
Ken Griffey Jr. was a giant before parents got divorced and I learned that there was gravity

I miss my old heroes
I had to give them all away
I miss my old heroes yeah yeah
God I wish they could’ve stayed
Cause it turns out that the hardest part of growing up’s not getting old
It’s learning how the real world goes
I miss my old
I miss my old

I miss my Bible study leader
Had all the answers for living in the big bad world
Don’t know if he still talks to Jesus
But his wife’s remarried now and I think he sells garage doors

I miss when I thought chasing dreams was
Holy magic behind curtains in a sacred place
Before it was managers and lawyers
Who colored up and cashed them out
For vacation homes in coastal states

I miss my old heroes
I had to give them all away
I miss my old heroes yeah yeah
God I wish they could’ve stayed
Cause it turns out that the hardest part of growing up’s not getting old
It’s learning how the real world goes
I miss my old
I miss my old
I miss my old heroes

I miss my old heroes

I miss back when the world was small and we had all the answers
I miss how it was when we were young
I miss back before I understood all the ways that life would break your heart
Before I knew that’s what they called growing up

I miss my old heroes
I had to give them all away
I miss my old heroes yeah yeah
God I wish they could’ve stayed
Cause it turns out that the hardest part of growing up’s not just getting old
It’s learning how the real world goes
I miss my old
I miss my old
I miss my old heroes
I miss my old heroes

#BenRector #Heroes #TheJoyOfMusic

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 4:10:05pm

For your edification:

Youtube Video

Sherlock Hound  May 22, 2022 • 4:11:54pm
nines09  May 22, 2022 • 4:17:48pm

re: #1 austin_blue

15 years old and a soul fan and this slapped me and a few buddies in the head.
The Kinks.
And you can sing it!

Youtube Video

Patricia Kayden  May 22, 2022 • 4:26:41pm
Patricia Kayden  May 22, 2022 • 4:29:04pm
Patricia Kayden  May 22, 2022 • 4:31:40pm

EPR-radar  May 22, 2022 • 4:40:36pm

re: #5 Patricia Kayden

There’s “no exception” in Walker’s mind on abortion. Of course, there isn’t anything else in Walker’s mind either, because he’s mindless.

nines09  May 22, 2022 • 4:46:27pm

Have to go.
Have a great night. And a wonderful morning.
And dance. And Sing. Or stagger and scream.
Ever wonder why the Kinks never quite made it in the USA?

It’s because they were banned from coming to the USA by promoters because they were a more hard rocking out of control rock and roll f*ck you band than even The Who.
This is live. You can tell. And they absolutely tear it up.

Youtube Video

Hecuba's daughter  May 22, 2022 • 4:50:44pm

re: #7 EPR-radar

Isn’t Walker’s likely problem CTE? And currently there is no way to diagnose the ailment except through an autopsy?

Unabogie  May 22, 2022 • 4:59:56pm

re: #5 Patricia Kayden

I really do wonder if this will cause a huge backlash or whether apathy will win. The GOP is adopting a HUGELY unpopular and rigid stance on a hot-button issue. Can they really skate to victory on that?

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 22, 2022 • 5:00:35pm
Colère Tueur de Lapin  May 22, 2022 • 5:01:04pm

re: #9 Hecuba’s daughter

I’m all for proceeding with a diagnosis.

EPR-radar  May 22, 2022 • 5:08:11pm

re: #9 Hecuba’s daughter

That’s my take on it as well. CTE is a terribly sad story. And what Republicans are doing here is truly despicable. Walker is essentially being made into a prop by his GOP handlers.

Charles Johnson  May 22, 2022 • 5:10:29pm
HRH Stanley Sea  May 22, 2022 • 5:26:57pm

re: #13 EPR-radar

And getting paid well for it.

Gotta take care of the fam.

GlutenFreeJesus  May 22, 2022 • 5:34:45pm

re: #10 Unabogie

All politics are local.

Amory Blaine  May 22, 2022 • 5:36:05pm

Unrelated, but I just finished Pennyworth on HBO and I really liked it.

Amory Blaine  May 22, 2022 • 5:36:27pm

I hope there is a season 3.

Hecuba's daughter  May 22, 2022 • 5:38:18pm

re: #16 GlutenFreeJesus

All politics are local.

Until they aren’t.

The Pie Overlord!  May 22, 2022 • 5:46:25pm

Rudy cussing at little kids and grannies. What a class act. I mean, what a crap ass.

Charles Johnson  May 22, 2022 • 5:56:33pm

re: #17 Amory Blaine

Unrelated, but I just finished Pennyworth on HBO and I really liked it.

It was good!

Charles Johnson  May 22, 2022 • 5:57:44pm
Charles Johnson  May 22, 2022 • 6:00:53pm
Charles Johnson  May 22, 2022 • 6:03:39pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  May 22, 2022 • 6:20:21pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  May 22, 2022 • 6:22:10pm

niterz, lizardz!

darthstar  May 22, 2022 • 6:32:22pm

Saw something here yesterday of a Tesla on fire and someone saying the electronics locked the doors and the guy had to have the windows broken out by bystanders. Sounds like he panicked, because the doors on the Tesla don’t just open electronically. There’s an old-fashioned cabled lever pull handle on the arm rest…it’s not obvious, but it works, even if the car is in gear and moving - I know because my wife used it several times before I asked her to use the button as the car complained when the manual override was enganged.

Just wanted to address that here as I’m too lazy to go find the original and address it there. Elon’s still a piece of shit of a person, btw…but the car isn’t an electronic death trap. Never would have been put on the road if it was.

EstebanTornado1963  May 22, 2022 • 6:44:19pm

re: #27 darthstar

I 90% of the time have to tell people to use the correct door opener on my model 3 as opposed to the manual opener.
And Elon is an asshole

Acemarilllion  May 22, 2022 • 6:46:50pm

“It’s a great song, but I’d also love to know how they did those slow motion segments in what looks like a one-take video.”

Thanks for posting this. Good stuff. The thing about this, is it isn’t a one take. It’s multiple takes taken from a tracking camera that’s “on rails”. Servos drive the camera position to follow a programmed path and in post multiple camera tracks are layer and composited at will.

Side note: Youtube Video

Florida Panhandler  May 22, 2022 • 6:50:01pm

re: #27 darthstar

Agreed. my Model 3 has been one of the best purchases of my life, including my 3rd party rooftop solar I installed 2 years ago.

That being the case however, Elon’s own personality disorder has been lit on fire ever since the court verdicts in California revealed that simply standing aside while your employees harass and denigrate other employees based on race and sex is not a good management style.

What Elon’s preferred management style seems to be is any and all means to acquiring and using public and private funds and sources to build spaceships to get to Mars. All other considerations are a distant fourteenth. Oh- and a god-given right to poon-tang.

The Pie Overlord!  May 22, 2022 • 6:50:36pm

I will never buy a Tesla product, but I do purchase Ford products. What’s the difference you may ask, wasn’t Henry Ford also a racist asshole? Here’s the difference: When Elon dies and turns the corporation over to ?! and ?! in turn bequeaths it to Zzrrgg, who then leaves it to his daughter Maria, I’ll consider it.

The Pie Overlord!  May 22, 2022 • 6:52:01pm

re: #31 The Pie Overlord!

I won’t need a car when I am dead, LOL.

darthstar  May 22, 2022 • 6:53:13pm

Had lunch with one of my nieces and nephews and my nephew’s girlfriend today. After lunch, he pulled me to the side and said, “Inna likes your flag.” She’s Ukrainian, and cute as a button…and she makes him happy…so I look forward to seeing more of her…especially when I learn to say more than ‘Dogs are my friends’ in Ukrainian on Duolingo. Also, I don’t know that she knows Rory’s great grandmother was Ukrainian…she didn’t talk about it…said she was Canadian.

sagehen  May 22, 2022 • 6:55:11pm

you already know more than “dogs are my friends,” you know Slava Ukraini.

Crush White Nationalism  May 22, 2022 • 7:04:28pm

Coke’s new bottle cap doesn’t come off (CNN Business)

New York (CNN Business)Coke knows that its soda caps often end up as litter. So it’s trying to solve the problem by tethering them to the bottle, at least in the United Kingdom.

Earlier this week, the British arm of the beverage company announced that it has started rolling out new versions of its plastic bottles. The new bottles feature an attached cap, a design that is supposed to make it easier to recycle the whole package at once — and keep caps out of the trash.
Plastic bottles of Coke, Coke Zero Sugar, Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Dr Pepper should all have attached caps by early 2024, the company said. The transition only applies to UK bottles.

“This is a small change that we hope will have a big impact, ensuring that when consumers recycle our bottles, no cap gets left behind,” said Jon Woods, general manager at Coca-Cola Great Britain, in a statement Tuesday.

Patricia Kayden  May 22, 2022 • 7:15:06pm

re: #10 Unabogie

My understanding is that Walker is far ahead in the polls. Sigh.

GlutenFreeJesus  May 22, 2022 • 7:21:39pm

re: #36 Patricia Kayden

My understanding is that Walker is far ahead in the polls. Sigh.

Double-edged sword. On one side it’s terrible he’d get the nomination. That’s just too close for comfort. On the other side, he will hopefully be easily beaten in November.

Belafon  May 22, 2022 • 7:24:40pm

My wife is watching the show about the First Ladies. And, according to the show, she actually told Rahm Emmanuel that he should have owned the ACA rather than running from it. And I partially believe that it’s true because Rahm is such a dick in the show.

Edited, because someone showed me the correct spelling.

Belafon  May 22, 2022 • 7:27:35pm
Mattand  May 22, 2022 • 7:34:29pm

re: #10 Unabogie

Yup. Much like voting restrictions, unless this issue hits upper and middle class white people as hard as it hits everyone else, the GOP can get away with anything.

The GOP literally are taking marching orders from a guy who tried to murder his own VP and half of Congress to overthrow an election and they are projected to take back Congress.

In the “liberal hellhole” that is the South Jersey burbs of Philly, all people care about is how much they’re paying for gas and we that should throw everyone out because all politicians are the same.

Because Joe Biden not magically making gas 15¢ a gallon is the same level of evil as Trump literally staging a coup.

I can only imagine what living in a red state is like right now.

Mattand  May 22, 2022 • 7:38:56pm

On a brighter note:

I discovered this video of the Kinks about a year ago and cannot stop watching it. Saw them live twice; great shows both.

Youtube Video

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 7:40:12pm

Okay, so I looked out the back door this PM and saw these armored dildos in the backyard:

The bodies are navel orange sized.

Cute, cute cute!

sagehen  May 22, 2022 • 7:42:37pm

My wife is watching the show about the First Ladies. And, according to the show, she actually told Rom Emanuell that he should have owned the ACA rather than running from it. And I partially believe that it’s true because Rom is such a dick in the show.

Rahm is the least of his family.

One of his brothers is Zeke Emmanuel, an oncologist and the top bioethicist in the country. The other brother is Ari Emmanuel, a top agent (co-CEO of IMG) and the model for Ari Gold on Entourage.

ETA: Rahm is also a well-known asshole in real life, having done things like send a dead fish to an uncooperative legislator…

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 7:47:20pm

re: #43 sagehen

Rahm is the least of his family.

One of his brothers is Zeke Emmanuel, the an oncologist and the top bioethicist in the country. The other brother is Ari Emmanuel, a top agent (co-CEO of IMG) and the model for Ari Gold on Entourage.

I don’t know…I always thought Ari Gold was the biggest asshole in Entourage.

Just despicable.

I really hoped he’d get hit by a car while mindlessly crossing a street and screaming at an underling on his phone.

sagehen  May 22, 2022 • 7:50:09pm

So imagine what it would take for the whole family (including their sister and mother) to agree that Rahm is a bigger asshole than Ari.

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 7:56:01pm

re: #45 sagehen

Oh, I think we are on the same page, here.

I’ve been of the opinion that Rahm was Obama’s hit man since the beginning of his Administration, saying things without attribution that Obama could never say.

He was a very useful asshole. In fact, he was a natural. I think he liked the job.

retired cynic  May 22, 2022 • 7:56:56pm

re: #46 austin_blue

anger translator

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 8:04:32pm

re: #47 retired cynic

anger translator

In spades!

(Oops, can I say that when talking about the Obama Admin?)

Whatever.

Here are two pictures of the Russian Black Terrier puppy recently housed in Leighton Buzzard. She is nearing her six-month celebration where she can be shown in the Puppy Class at dog shows. Today Mamie got her her first grooming cut.

She is now at 65 lbs., on the way to 145 lbs:

The Pie Overlord!  May 22, 2022 • 8:12:52pm

This people are fucked up and they want to fuck your shit up.

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 8:17:31pm

re: #49 The Pie Overlord!

This people are fucked up and they want to fuck your shit up.

Yes, yes they are.

They want to control everything in your life.

They are Big Brother in 1984.

They are, simply, evil fuckmuppets.

JC1  May 22, 2022 • 8:24:13pm

re: #40 Mattand

I can only imagine what living in a red state is like right now.

I think that R v W will be a MUCH bigger issue than erosion of voting rights. The voting rights stuff is a bit wonkish and many people have a hard time understanding why a photo ID requirement is a big deal, etc.

Abortion is much more cut and dry. On polls conducted since the leak, Dems have regained the lead on the generic congressional ballot, and the decision isn’t even in effect yet.
I think that this will be a massive game changer, and a huge loser for the GOP. I think that most people still don’t realize that it’s really happening. By election day, everyone will know.

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 8:26:09pm

re: #40 Mattand

I can only imagine what living in a red state is like right now.

How good is your imagination?

Surprisingly, Repubs are beginning to eat each other’s babies in public here, which is new. George P. Bush (half-breed White/Hispanic) is running against Ken Paxton (R-Mars) and running commercials calling Paxton a crook (true), supported by the Repub hierarchy.

So, we’ll see.

Belafon  May 22, 2022 • 8:29:13pm

re: #52 austin_blue

How good is your imagination?

So, we’ll see.

And I caught part of a Paxton ad: “George Bush said that there was nothing wrong with Critical Race Theory, and he won’t stop schools from indoctrinating your children.”

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 8:35:14pm

And Bush responded with “Paxton has been indicted on three counts that could put him in jail for life. And he is under Federal Investigation for accepting bribes as AG.”

Checkmate, Trumpite!

mmmirele  May 22, 2022 • 8:35:39pm

Here’s a thread by a woman who recounts her experience trying to get prescribed Paxlovid. Basically, she had to talk the nurse into prescribing, because the nurse was worried that IF the woman got pregnant (which was not part of the discussion at any point), Paxlovid might have side effects.

It looks like people who can possibly get pregnant are going to be treated as always possibly pregnant and denied appropriate medical care. Fuck, people I never thought we were going back to the bad old days…

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 8:38:16pm

re: #55 mmmirele

That’s not healthcare, that’s blatant sexual discrimination.

CleverToad  May 22, 2022 • 8:40:20pm

End of a long weekend. TL:DR Another trip to the Bridge.
(Hidden for length, because I’m typing this all out to get it off my mind. Excuse, please.)

Started raining about noon on Friday. Power went out for about four hours Friday evening. Woke up Saturday morning to 6” of snow on the deck, which is becoming a bad habit for Denver weather in mid- to late-May. Husband had been out at 2am knocking snow off the reachable branches to try to lighten the load. He was again at 4:30 or so to deal with our little old cat Mystique (aka Her Majesty Queen Fuzzybutt) who considered that to be her normal breakfast time. She was up again at sixish when I got upstairs to get the kid to work, ready for treats from me in the kitchen; and trotted happily after Dad when she saw him head for the home office in case there was going to be another offering from the bag o’delights.

Got the kid to work in frozen slush. By noon, it had stopped and started to warm up; by two the roads were dry. Typical spring snow. Husband running on about four broken hours of sleep thought about taking a nap.

At 2:30, the cat suddenly squawked in her litterbox. She crawled out, staggered, fell to the floor and yowled. She tried to stand, couldn’t. Husband picked her and held her while I called the emergency vet. I held her while he grabbed a carry box, I grabbed her meds. I drove her to the vet while he went to pick the kid up from work. She didn’t howl once, when she usually gave me hell from the minute she got into the carrier.

Got to the ER a little after three. Walked out of there about five-thirty or so. Without a cat. She was paralyzed on the right side. Could move her right back leg just a little, but not stand on it. The right front was curled and useless. She would have turned 20 in early June; she had early kidney disease and high blood pressure; she was due for her vet visit in the next couple of weeks. The ER vet said they could do a round of tests, MRI and bloodwork etc., but the diagnosis was stroke, probably due to a blood clot, and the prognosis… poor. The chance of another clot was high. The trauma of going through the tests when we couldn’t explain to her why she had to go through them… miserable.

So we made the hard choice to let her go. I held her for an hour or so while the kid rubbed her chin, fondled her ears, talked sweet to her. Husband went to get our extra kid, thanking heaven that his bosses let him off two hours early to come say goodbye. Stubborn old cat tried to claw her way up from the vet’s table with the one good paw a couple of times, panicked that nothing was working, but willing to snuggle into my shoulder once she got her head there. When we were all there and ready, we told the vet to come back in. Kid opted not to stay for the end; he made sure his dad got home okay. Extra kid stayed with me to talk her over the bridge.

Three hours or so from the stroke to the finish. Part of me feels like we decided too fast. The other part remembers her trying to stand and failing, panting in panic. You can spare critters pain and fear, like you can’t do for humans. From happy little cranky cat to a quiet end in familiar arms a few hours later beats some of the alternatives.

Husband and I cleaned up and put all of her stuff away today. Will contact the vet and the groomer and maybe an animal shelter to donate her food and the last bag of treats. Will probably commit another cat in the future, despite my allergies, but not for awhile.

We’ll take her ashes up to my cousin’s house in the mountains where she spent 17 years. We had inherited her in March 2020, a week before the lockdown started, after his wife died of a long and painful illness that kept him at the hospital and away from home for days at a time, for most of a year. We did our best to make up to her for losing her longtime human mom, gave her lots of fuzzles and treats, with four humans available to reassure her that she wasn’t alone. Knew we weren’t going to have her long, at her age; she got two years to settle in and run the house.

Pardon the rambling. You guys know how this dance goes, always sooner than one is ready for. Would have been worse on Friday night — at least the power was on; the roads were dry.

Damn, it’s been a long week.

Hug your furbabies for us, please, fellow Lizards.

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 8:44:20pm

I’m going to sleep now. I am sufficiently châteaud that if I have to respond to any more reports of Repub bullshit I may say things that will reflect negatively on our esteemed Host.

Sweet scaly dreams, dear lizards. Be nice to each other.

retired cynic  May 22, 2022 • 8:45:54pm

re: #57 CleverToad

I am so sorry. It’s tough out there on the bridge. You were saints to take a cranky old lady and make her last years so comfortable!

BlueSpotinAL  May 22, 2022 • 8:46:23pm

re: #57 CleverToad

End of a long weekend. TL:DR Another trip to the Bridge.

Hug your furbabies for us, please, fellow Lizards.

You did not decide too fast, and did all the right things. {{{CleverToad}}}

austin_blue  May 22, 2022 • 8:52:06pm

re: #57 CleverToad

End of a long weekend. TL:DR Another trip to the Bridge.

Hug your furbabies for us, please, fellow Lizards.

It’s the hardest thing you’ll ever do. I’ve done it twice, both times for my cats that got cancer. I hate myself and at the same time time bless myself for doing what was right for my animal companions. Extending pain is not mercy. It’s torture.

A Cranky One  May 22, 2022 • 8:53:29pm

re: #57 CleverToad

It’s so painful to lose a furbaby.

But you made the compassionate and loving choice.

Hugs.

CleverToad  May 22, 2022 • 9:07:12pm

re: #59 retired cynic

She gave back in return — my son has said more than once that having the small, warm fuzzy in the house helped him a lot during those first weird months of the pandemic. Somebody to snuggle! We didn’t have a cat or a dog after we lost our dog when our son was four, because my mom was living with us — between her oxygen cannula and the trip hazard, it was an avoidable risk. He loved having a fur baby, after the years without.

We lost Mom and acquired Mystique about ten months later, so we joked that we’d replaced one little old lady with another to care for. I get to be the old lady of the house now…

JC1  May 22, 2022 • 9:09:41pm

3/6 very lucky guess.

Wordle 338 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Amory Blaine  May 22, 2022 • 9:14:14pm

re: #57 CleverToad

{{CleverToad}}}

CleverToad  May 22, 2022 • 9:21:58pm

re: #61 austin_blue

Yep, did it when our dog had cancer of the spleen in 2003. Knew when he couldn’t walk up the stairs that it was time. Took him out for one last short walk, down to the nearby lamppost for a final check of the p-mail; brought the car down to take him to the vet’s because it was too far to walk home. That one felt worse, in a way, because he was only ten. But he went with my husband and I sitting with him, talking him through.

In thirty years, my sister has never forgiven or forgotten the vet who DIDN’T let her hold her 19-year-old cat at the end, because she was crying and he decided that ‘she couldn’t handle it.’ Patronizing old bastard.

You do what you have to, and know it’s right. Doesn’t make it easy, but not being there is worse.

retired cynic  May 22, 2022 • 9:22:20pm

Dadgummit.

Ahead of Biden visit, Israel launches biggest eviction of Palestinians in decades
washingtonpost.com

For a military firing range.

The army gave a family 30 minutes to get out, then smashed their house to bits.

Belafon  May 22, 2022 • 9:29:51pm
Belafon  May 22, 2022 • 9:33:00pm

“It’s not your table.”

Belafon  May 22, 2022 • 9:37:33pm

My wife took this yesterday and it explains a whole lot: we are being watched over by Richard Nixon:

Nosey
sagehen  May 22, 2022 • 9:53:10pm

much as I hate having to defend a criminal…

EPA
OSHA
Title IX
Title X
WIC

his ethics were obviously seriously fucked up, but his legislative record is admirable. If he could have just contained his paranoia, he could have been one of the best ever.

Belafon  May 22, 2022 • 10:03:23pm

re: #71 sagehen

much as I hate having to defend a criminal…

EPA
OSHA
Title IX
Title X
WIC

And Elon Musk is running revolutionary car and space companies. People are complicated, except for the Trumps, but Nixon did keep firing AGs until he could get one to protect him.

Hecuba's daughter  May 22, 2022 • 10:08:01pm

re: #71 sagehen

much as I hate having to defend a criminal…

EPA
OSHA
Title IX
Title X
WIC

Yes — there were many aspects of his legislative record that were admirable — and Ted Kennedy admitted that he should have gone along with the health care plan that Nixon favored; we would have had national health care decades earlier. That said, Nixon interfered with Johnson’s efforts at a peace plan with Vietnam in 1968, his actions in Cambodia ultimately led to Pol Pot and the death of 1-3 million Cambodians, and he was an ardent proponent of the Southern strategy, which has poisoned our nation’s discourse and may destroy us completely.

Hecuba's daughter  May 22, 2022 • 10:29:52pm

Wording

First 3 in days!

VDm2ZsQMTRbWR30t/THKLJsUtDhUNnDXdoe8NtG+NUhwzxcRc35tg1xlwBI6Ceux6LzbPKySdqHPoJRVHH0jvMTy36q/tv26DrxFuHcl7fX3EVajA+oNIidfLgHuAj7hrNTQj10HsLiXa4Ye3mCN4xOKX7+IHYVMhYHZeED7F1zzoMFE7CC4GRoWIMLRWLSsPQNJyPOrIy7E54mlcLh06RsoBMabEZqWonN6fGgtTc00kkvLGQNvWD7sZY9GhPek+qVhc2kAKXWRAlv4jo62h63LszyETwUWUZOwWo2mI7E6jmPXbbDWctkaX5Lkt93B7XvHOXk1r6A7Q+GepfXD3A==

EstebanTornado1963  May 22, 2022 • 10:41:57pm
Eclectic Cyborg  May 22, 2022 • 10:49:04pm

I’ll take it.

Wordle 337 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Targetpractice  May 22, 2022 • 10:51:08pm

re: #75 EstebanTornado1963

Now, imagine how much lower gas prices might have gone in Trump’s last year if he hadn’t negotiated a deal with OPEC to cut back oil production to shore up oil prices since their price war with Russia was threatening American domestic production?

Shouldn’t Repubs be thrilled that the rising cost of oil is making domestic oil production so profitable?

Hecuba's daughter  May 22, 2022 • 11:05:25pm

re: #77 Targetpractice

They would if Trump were President — they would be explaining how this is good for the economy. OTOH, the economic situation would be very different: Putin would now be in charge of Ukraine and Zelenskyy would be dead. But evil still remains on the march in our nation.

piratedan  May 22, 2022 • 11:15:46pm

re: #71 sagehen

don’t defend him, that entire social agenda was driven by Democrats, who brokered a deal for those very items for giving Nixon a free hand in foreign policy.

sure he signed them, but the only reason Vietnam lasted as long as it did was that the Dems were true to their word, letting Nixon set that agenda, in return we got more social progress as a country by letting Nixon send a bunch of kids into the meat grinder.

If the Dems fought him on that, we might have seen civil war part 2, because while Nixon wasn’t Goldwater, he wanted to reshape the world more than punish the Dems, but without that carrot… who knows.

wrenchwench  May 22, 2022 • 11:30:44pm

re: #3 nines09

15 years old and a soul fan and this slapped me and a few buddies in the head.
The Kinks.
And you can sing it!

Video

re: #41 Mattand

On a brighter note:

Video

I saw the Kinks 3 times in the 70s/80s. Once I got tickets to a show in Santa Barbara, CA, on the birthday of the boyfriend who made me a fan. I wrote some letters, and Ray dedicated Alcohol to my boyfriend and said happy birthday. We waited at the back door of the venue to catch the exit of the Davieses. Didn’t see Ray, but did see Dave, who shares a name with the boyfriend, so lots of fans were yelling happy birthday. Dave started telling them it wasn’t his birthday, and in a lull, the boyfriend said, ‘It’s my birthday’. Dave Davies said, ‘Oh, well, good luck then!’ BF David couldn’t believe what a great night he had.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 22, 2022 • 11:50:44pm

re: #10 Unabogie

Depends on how many votes they can declare “fraudulent” and refuse to count, certify or register.

That is a big part of their plan this time around, it came so close to succeeding last time, the only thing that stopped it were a record Democratic voter turnout and a handful of GOP election commissioners with some remaining shreds of fairness and decency.

The latter have all been replaced with loyal party hacks.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 12:07:49am

re: #5 Patricia Kayden

politicalwire.com

Either you cherish all unborn life or you worship Satan at an altar made of aborted baby skulls.

There is no middle ground.

Captain Ron  May 23, 2022 • 12:09:33am

There is a very busy spider working between my keyboard and the wet bar . He’s made 3 trips up and down in less than 3 minutes. He’s not going to be happy when I destroy his work.

Targetpractice  May 23, 2022 • 12:22:05am

re: #40 Mattand

I can only imagine what living in a red state is like right now.

Yeah, I hate to be “that guy” yet again, but culture war issues are something that most of the bread-and-butter voters the Dems rely upon will put down the list of priorities behind “gas prices,” “food prices,” “jacked up rents,” and other immediate issues. “My daughter might one day need to have an abortion” is going to take a back seat to “My daughter needs food now and I can’t afford it because of supply shortages eating into my paycheck that hasn’t kept up with inflation.”

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 12:22:40am

re: #79 piratedan

…which was a mirror of LBJ’s deal with the GOP and the conservative wing of his own party to continue the Vietnam War in exchange for extending Kennedy’s Great Society programs.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 12:25:34am

re: #84 Targetpractice

The lower on the income scale, the larger the share of income goes for gasoline and groceries: the poorest are the ones who are the most squeezed by inflation.

And the more rural they live, the farther the people have to drive and the fewer the public transportation options.

Targetpractice  May 23, 2022 • 12:37:35am

re: #86 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Yep. And unfortunately, Dems aren’t offering them up more than hopes and prayers. When they’re not timid, they’re apologetic. When they’re not apologetic, they’re making excuses. And when they’re not doing any of the above, they’re engaged in kabuki political theater.

Captain Ron  May 23, 2022 • 1:02:50am

The spider crawled down from the wet bar and journeyed across the kitchen floor until Duke saw it. Duke pawed it a few times and now it’s a splat on the floor.

I really need to eliminate ‘tomes’ from my spell check.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 1:04:02am

re: #87 Targetpractice

Dems offered them Covid relief checks, which the GOP are blaming for inflation.

Targetpractice  May 23, 2022 • 1:21:54am

re: #89 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Dems offered them Covid relief checks, which the GOP are blaming for inflation.

Checks got cut and spent last year. I know because I had to claim them on my taxes this year. Which is why I got jack-all from Uncle Sam when I filed. Meanwhile, things like the Enhanced Child Tax Credit, pre-K child care, subsidized public college, and other things that might have helped folks deal with inflation got nuked from orbit by Joe F’n Manchin and Krysten Sinema while the leadership stood by and just shrugged their shoulders.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 23, 2022 • 1:25:36am

So California looks to be running a historic budget surplus.

Good news, right?

Well, not when you have to sell papers. The LA Times both-sides-ing the story:

California Politics: The state’s budget surplus is distracting

Democrats can boast of solving all kinds of problems, often neglecting to mention these are short-term fixes. And Republicans decry out-of-control spending, not pointing out that much of it is one-time in nature.

And of course the big issue for the LA Times is… inflation:

The inflation fight that’s brewing

None of that is to say that the governor and Democratic lawmakers aren’t raising long-term spending on what would be considered discretionary government programs, just not to the extent some might think when they read the headlines. Proposals in the latest budget plan would raise spending on higher education and healthcare services for low-income Californians, for example.

But Keely Martin Bosler, the governor’s budget director, said it’s important to note that future discretionary spending projections have been made with inflation pressures in mind. That “buffer,” as she called it in a phone interview this week, runs in the billions of dollars in the latest budget proposal — a higher cost for basically the same services, something most Californians are feeling in their own budgets.

Bosler’s point was that the governor believes that inflation pressures aren’t soon going away and the state shouldn’t commit all of those dollars to expanding programs. It’s an important topic to watch as final budget talks begin with legislators — given that some of them may believe it’s OK to shrink the inflation buffer in order to leave more money for helping more of the state’s residents.

It’s a story that is not a story. Budget calculations always have to include inflation.

And note how the writer has to admit that Newsom & Co. are going to raise spending on some important issues, but the writer has to couch it as not being as much as some might expect.

Targetpractice  May 23, 2022 • 1:34:09am

re: #91 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

So California looks to be running a historic budget surplus.

Good news, right?

Well, not when you have to sell papers. The LA Times both-sides-ing the story:

California Politics: The state’s budget surplus is distracting

And of course the big issue for the LA Times is… inflation:

This is a good problem to have, when the party is not arguing over whether to raise spending but rather on how much and where it should go.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 23, 2022 • 1:39:13am

re: #92 Targetpractice

Problem is a 1978 law (I think it was one of those regressive ballot propositions, like Prop13) limits how much California can spend per California resident. Yes, there is a law that caps spending.

The way around that is later laws (often propositions) have been put in place which direct a certain percentage of spending, and surpluses, to education.

And that surpluses above a certain amount have to be returned to the taxpayers.

Right now the argument is over whether to send car owners $400 per car (only good for two cars per household), or to send everyone outside of the upper tax bracket a refund (like last year and during the pandemic.)

I want the latter. Newsom wants the former. I fear that Newsom is prioritizing cars because he wants to run a national campaign.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 23, 2022 • 1:40:56am

If Newsom wants to run for President he has to win Democrats in eastern and midwestern states. If he is perceived as anti-car that will be the end of him in those areas (and pretty much anywhere that is not here on the left coast.)

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 23, 2022 • 2:07:57am

The naysaying over the surplus is quite something.

Headlines running to the effect that California will be in trouble come the next recession, which some fear mongers are saying will start this fall.

But the truth is everyone in the US will be in trouble come the next recession, not just California.

Positioning a coming recession as a Californian problem is absurd. It will be a national problem.

Yes, the California budget has boomed because of taxes on capital gains during a time of incredible price increases in equities. Yes, California has benefited from lucrative IPOs being taxed.

However, state law determines that California can’t just bank the surplus. It has to go back to taxpayers. And as I mentioned earlier, a 1978 law keeps California from spending any more per capita (adjusted for inflation) than it did in 1978, save on items that later propositions determined had to be spent (such as on education.)

Also, some are saying that California getting 46% of its revenues from the rich is problematic. Such a claim is nonsense, something that only some glibertarian might think.

In any recession, unemployment will be very much the worse thing that happens, not the fact that the rich may not be getting richer quite as fast as they have been.

Again, there is a lot of envy out there aimed at California. We are the American Riviera, expensive land and beautiful people. In reality it will remain that way as long as people find it a good place to live (which it still is, contra to the right-wing frothing about the state.)

One of the local politicians, one of the few Republicans San Diego County sends to the state legislature, published an article in yesterday’s local Patch doing the usual Republican thing. Namely, distorting reality. She complained that Newsom wants to raise taxes on gasoline. In reality, the gasoline tax has to be adjusted every year for inflation, by California law. Sure, the legislature could change that law, but it doesn’t want to do so, exactly because of what the fear-mongers monger about: future slowdowns (which means less gasoline consumption hence less gasoline tax revenue.)

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 2:12:08am

re: #91 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

So California looks to be running a historic budget surplus.

Good news, right?

Well, not when you have to sell papers.

I recall those halcyon days under Clinton when the Federal government was running a budget surplus.

Rush Limbaugh got on to tell us that it was immoral for the government to take more money from us than it needed to operate.

No fooling.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 2:13:40am

re: #95 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

The naysaying over the surplus is quite something.

If we don’t count non-Californian states, then the USA would have the highest income and standard of living in the entire world!

Captain Ron  May 23, 2022 • 3:18:55am
Shropshire Slasher  May 23, 2022 • 3:26:13am

I haven’t heard this in a while.

Youtube Video

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 3:57:49am

From Robin Brooks, chief economist at the International Institute of Finance:

Year-on-year April exports to Russia - oof:

Though the Kremlin will never openly admit it, Russia’s economy is in serious trouble - and it’s far worse then they’re letting on.

TarHellion  May 23, 2022 • 3:59:22am

Wordle 338 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Egads! Clearly needed more caffeine before undertaking this quest. Mondays suck! LOL

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 4:00:37am

re: #100 Dr Lizardo

From Robin Brooks, chief economist at the International Institute of Finance:

I think that part of the motivation for the war was the fact that the Russian economy was already reeling from the pandemic and massive corruption and now they can use Western sanctions as a convenient way of covering up their own criminal negligence.

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 4:03:37am

re: #102 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I really do wonder just how bad of a hit Russia’s economy took due to the COVID-19 pandemic (massive systemic corruption is par for the course as far as Russia is concerned); like you said, the ongoing sanctions are just an easy way for them to mask the true extent of that pandemic-related economic damage.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 4:07:54am

re: #103 Dr Lizardo

Their health care system was a shambles before the pandemic.

And any public works program is going to be slapped together as cheaply and shoddily as possible so that the contractors can afford to pay the kickbacks they have to invariably give to be awarded the contract in the first place.

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 4:11:57am

Well, that got concerning in a hurry.

Wordle 338 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 4:21:50am

According to an article in The Economist, it looks like foreign investors are getting the hell out of China:

Mr Xi’s insistence on using prolonged lockdowns to rid China of the Omicron variant, as well as his backing for Russia’s war in Ukraine, are being seen as ideological pursuits that ignore economic and geopolitical realities. Add in the timing of his crackdown on tech groups such as Alibaba, an e-commerce company, and on the leverage of property giants such as Evergrande, and it helps explain why some of the world’s largest investment groups are questioning the quality of leadership in Beijing. Many attribute this and other ideological campaigns to preparations for the Communist Party congress set to be held in the autumn, at which Mr Xi is expected to be granted another five years in office. The events of 2022 could shape how global investors view China for years to come.
In little over a year Mr Xi’s policies have had a profound impact on global markets—and a painful one. They have knocked $2trn from Chinese shares listed in Hong Kong and New York. Chinese initial public offerings in these two cities have nearly ground to a halt this year. China’s property firms have sold just $280m in high-yield dollar bonds so far in 2022, down from $15.6bn during the same period last year, according to Dealogic, a data provider. Within China, the value of yuan-denominated financial assets held by foreigners fell by more than 1trn yuan ($150bn) in the first three months of 2022, the biggest drop ever. The Institute of International Finance (iif), a bankers’ group in Washington, forecasts that a total of $300bn in capital will flow out of the country this year, up from $129bn in 2021.

Non-paywall link here: archive.ph

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 4:57:14am
Patricia Kayden  May 23, 2022 • 5:01:49am

re: #67 retired cynic

President Biden should cancel that trip. This is outrageous behavior targeted against Palestinians. I don’t understand Israel’s endgame. What do they expect will happen when they treat Palestinians like trash?

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 23, 2022 • 5:02:17am

These economic collapses in Russia and China is partly what is fueling speculation of a recession here in the US.

Global trade has been important to the US since forever, but even more so the JIT logistics reconfiguration of American industry (as elsewhere) means we work as a global economy or we barely work at all.

As I noted upstream, any coming recession is not just a California problem.

All those automobile plants that have moved to the southern states - what will they do when orders collapse and supply chains (from overseas) stop?

And in agriculture - the Russian destruction of Ukrainian grain supplies may keep prices high but American farmers and farmers elsewhere will be shifting planting strategies to adjust. Probably already done (see my wheat links from last night.)

So yes, we are one world, no matter what the xenophobes try to pretend otherwise.

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  May 23, 2022 • 5:03:05am

re: #108 Patricia Kayden

There really isn’t an “endgame”.

jeffreyw  May 23, 2022 • 5:11:02am

Good morning!

Florida Panhandler  May 23, 2022 • 5:11:02am

Wacko 5th Circuit Republican Party hack court just set the stage to nullify all regulatory agencies:

usnews.com

The life-long aim by Republicans to eliminate all government regulations to benefit themselves has begun and we still have a Democratic President. Just wait till they get a Republican in the White House.

The ruling, which divided three Republican-appointed judges on the court, could have far-reaching implications on the use of administrative law judges and the power of regulatory agencies. According to the University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Program on Regulation, there are nearly 2,000 administrative law judges employed by 28 federal government agencies.

This case relevance seems somewhat subdued at first, but it is not. It is a case meant to undermine ALL government regulatory agencies as this decision gets kicked up the court system. If all regulatory violations have to undergo a jury trial it will clog up the entire court system which is the point. Causing the collapse of regulatory effectiveness is the entire point of this decision and the money, time and effort to provide a jury trial for any and all violations means the complete collapse of the system… another solid brick in the Libertarian Utopia we are seeing being constructed. Clean water? Safe buildings? Bacteria-free food? Responsible chemical plants? Nahh.. we don’t need those liberal things.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 5:20:01am

re: #112 Florida Panhandler

It is a matter of RW dogma that all we need to do is to abolish pesky Federal environmental, health and safety regulations, and the market will sort itself out while kicking into overdrive to create thousands and thousands of new, well-paying jobs with benefits (but only if they are not troubled by bothersome labor unions)

Patricia Kayden  May 23, 2022 • 5:28:42am

re: #112 Florida Panhandler

Tbh, it really feels as if elections don’t matter in this country. We’re reaching the point where Republicans control what happens even when they lose (by 8 million votes).
Is President Biden jamming the courts with Judges? That needs to be the plan to somewhat dilute the craziness which Trump unleashed on federal courts by appointing unqualified rightwing nutjobs. Huge sigh.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 5:33:17am

re: #114 Patricia Kayden

The GOP are making it clear that they will simply disqualify any election results they don’t like as “fraudulent”. I expect 2022 will be a dry run for the Big One in 2024.

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 5:34:47am

LOL nothing to see here, folks, just another typical right-winger with some, shall we say, unique observations:

A local Conservative party is investigating a tweet from the account of a candidate in the local elections that said 16-year-old girls have a “buttery, creamy” smell, The Independent can reveal.

A post on the Twitter account of Jonty Campbell, who has stood several times for Preston Conservatives, said: “Here’s the thing with girls 22 or under, they smell massively different to a girl of 28. Girls aged 16 to, say 23, have this buttery, creamy, slightly sweet smell that is unbelievably magnetic.”

The tweet, sent on Saturday night, was met with disgust online after a screengrab of it was shared by a journalist.

independent.co.uk

Mr. Campbell has apparently nuked his own Twitter account 😄

steve_davis  May 23, 2022 • 5:36:40am

re: #71 sagehen

much as I hate having to defend a criminal…

EPA
OSHA
Title IX
Title X
WIC

we would have had universal health insurance, but Ted Fucking Kennedy couldn’t bring all his purity ponies with him for the legislation.

Patricia Kayden  May 23, 2022 • 5:36:55am

re: #115 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

We can’t let that happen. We fought back in 2020 and must continue to fight. Otherwise, we’re not a democracy anymore.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 5:40:03am

re: #116 Dr Lizardo

“…your skin crawls up an octave, your teeth have lost their gleam,
the peaches snuggle closer down into the clotted cream…”

-Salad Days (lyrics by Keith Ried, Procol Harum)

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 5:42:12am

re: #118 Patricia Kayden

Problem is that our electoral system is simply not designed to be robust enough for this sort of all-out assault.

It was founded on the basis of mutual goodwill and trust (with a degree of oversight, of course, but not one marred by outright hostility and willingness to use force)

Eventual Carrion  May 23, 2022 • 5:50:49am

This is what a large limb can do when falling from a tall tree during this weekend’s storms. Could impale a person.

Eventual Carrion  May 23, 2022 • 5:59:06am

re: #64 JC1

3/6 very lucky guess.

4/6 for me this morning

Wordle 338 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Decatur Deb  May 23, 2022 • 6:04:22am

re: #117 steve_davis

Nixon signed off on weak-kneed OSHA because there was a much stronger S&H law in the works.

Decatur Deb  May 23, 2022 • 6:15:39am

re: #116 Dr Lizardo

A. That’s a very stupid thing to say.
B. It’s not especially untrue.
C. That’s a very stupid thing to say.

nines09  May 23, 2022 • 6:17:02am

Good day.

instagram.com

Teukka  May 23, 2022 • 6:18:09am
Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 6:30:46am

re: #124 Decatur Deb

A. That’s a very stupid thing to say.
B. It’s not especially untrue.
C. That’s a very stupid thing to say.

In fairness, and it’s still creepy, he was probably referring to whatever body spray young women are wearing. Quite often, it’s some kind of vanilla-scented thing (my ex-wife used that kind of body spray well into her 30s). Still, yeah, it’s stupid to say and all the more so on social media.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 6:41:03am

re: #127 Dr Lizardo

Adult males should have enough sense to be aware of comments they make about the physical characteristics of adolescent females. If they have to have it spelled out to them in the form of rules and guidelines, they really are lost.

GlutenFreeJesus  May 23, 2022 • 6:42:38am

re: #116 Dr Lizardo

If he were an American conservative, he’d win the primary.

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 6:44:11am

re: #128 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

I have long wondered if the people who make these kinds of comments, or the racist comments we see from American conservatives, just aren’t self-aware enough to realize how what they’re saying will sound to other people. Like, it’s a joke that they use with like-minded friends, and it plays well, so they’re like, “Send Tweet,” and then they’re utterly confused when people call them a pedophile.

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 6:44:28am

re: #129 GlutenFreeJesus

If he were an American conservative, he’d win the primary.

He’d be on a career path to the Oval Office.

Or a Southern Baptist preacher.

Florida Panhandler  May 23, 2022 • 6:45:53am

re: #127 Dr Lizardo

I can affirm that after her LaCrosse practices my nearly-teen daughter smells totally unlike vanilla, butter, or anything other than a dirty sock stuffed into an armpit.

sagehen  May 23, 2022 • 6:46:49am

re: #117 steve_davis

The ponies were in line; it was Teddy himself who fucked up by holding out for more and thus ending up with nothing.

I’m also sad that UBI (known then as “negative income tax”), pushed hard by Milton Friedman, didn’t happen. Yang screwed up and destroyed the possibility by trying to explain it as being a response to income inequality and/or automation. Which obviously wasn’t the reason it was first written about by some little-known economist in the 1940’s, and popularized by Friedman in the 60’s.

In Friedman’s view, the point of UBI was to eliminate any need for unemployment, disability, food stamps, public housing, minimum wage, the agencies that administer these benefits, supervise these programs and verify eligibility, etc.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 6:56:38am

re: #133 sagehen

The idea is to keep it simple: just like it’s cheaper and easier just to offer everyone a free school lunch instead of paying people to verify income.

But alas, The GOP reminds us whenever the topic comes up that somewhere there is a child who would prefer his mom to lovingly pack his lunch rather than get used to heartless government food handouts…

HRH Stanley Sea  May 23, 2022 • 6:58:34am

Got lucky.
🌳

NAgvPM1RbtIlxYikEJXXGwjYbYQyeMe/+JS9jI94EdP8Pt9gG/5Vdu0KS2QPmZovJYrR2bceK9roMR2JflJZ3iCXcnvdz4mJ1HIIBYC1bzDYxI+5iRAvW2mY777FdvZE8qB6Z4s/2LI=

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 7:07:09am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 7:20:01am

re: #136 darthstar

Heavy Metal Village

I do hope they save them and use them as the backdrop for a rock concert some day.

The Pie Overlord!  May 23, 2022 • 7:25:45am

GOOD MORNING LIZARDIA!!

cxEziyg249rm7iji8+LRKQRiI5HJrSaKpKT+KuhvqnAQxMSe4nBtadN7c6LDS26uaCk3pB8kpcR+nZEsC2i5sGNZ1/mIVPfZGAb2Jo4oTfvj8DITTiRSQTZNK0tLpm5J7Res26YSfl0f9tX69Vy77MEvdJyJieG7XlP13kUfjfmZh6G1m6r1ApnNu1DZ93KzhUVdt0fVWrf1MD3djZsT8/O0V3Lblu0QYcH9mmvNTheAF6EiTGPVfZuR0GhEOJ6S/PbEY6XhrM6UsUaa999Rmh7MeMWsUeniCeLwykf4ndoJuR16B7yf6Xy8O6ugioN3Vz+OJe54p4OxUinpz1HT/JA8z8Dh5AfiuvU5QZnKYao=

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  May 23, 2022 • 7:42:32am

re: #90 Targetpractice

And just what did you expect them to do that they did not do?

mmmirele  May 23, 2022 • 7:52:45am

This is a pastor, John B Lowe, of New Life Christian Fellowship in Warsaw, IN, admitting to “adultery” yesterday. He apologizes to his wife and his church. That’s the first 6:30 of this video. Then a woman stands up and proceeds to tell the REST of the story. The “adultery” was actually sexual assault of a 16 YO teenage girl and the girl is now standing up and giving him hell. And her husband does the same. I urge you all to watch and see the power this woman has in confronting her abuser, and all the male church guys who stand up and look like they’re going to remove her. She’s going to get the truth out there whether they like it or not.

facebook.com

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 7:56:30am

re: #139 A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!

And just what did you expect them to do that they did not do?

The standard answer seems to be kick them off of all of their committees, which will somehow scare those two.

No Malarkey!  May 23, 2022 • 7:57:51am

SCOTUS did not reverse Roe today, so it lives for a few more weeks until they reverse it in June.

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  May 23, 2022 • 8:02:20am

re: #111 jeffreyw

Good morning!

Western good morning!

Invasive species choking out desired garden plants…

…but they’re lovely to look at

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 8:02:29am
Hecuba's daughter  May 23, 2022 • 8:04:45am

And persuade them to switch parties since Mitch McConnell will promise them the world. Without more Democrats in the Senate, it’s difficult to accomplish anything. The Presidents who had major accomplishments all had overwhelming Senate majorities. We’re lucky that Biden has 50 senators; otherwise nothing would have passed at all, no judges would have been confirmed, and every cabinet member would be an acting Secretary.

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 8:10:06am

re: #144 Dopamine Fish

I like to go to the “He doesn’t want to be seen as soft on the wrongly convicted” clip from Futurama in times like this.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 8:10:47am

re: #140 mmmirele

What a fucking liar and hypocrite: “Adultery” implies that it was consensual. This bastard obviously does not grasp the concept of legal age of consent.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 8:11:55am

re: #142 No Malarkey!

And Francisco Franco is still dead…

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 8:12:43am

re: #148 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

And Francisco Franco is still dead…

And Texas Republicans are still shitheads:

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 8:15:21am

re: #149 Dopamine Fish

New: 14 Texas Republican lawmakers (so far) plan to support legislation that would ban any corporation from the state if that business helps employees or customers or anyone else access abortion care in other states.

Which again goes to show that overturning Roe v Wade is just the first step: they want a nation-wide ban on abortion (and medical inspections for all childbearing-age women entering or leaving the country)

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 8:18:31am

re: #150 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

The point is that they want to outlaw all behavior they don’t like, because that’s apparently supposed to magically turn America into God’s Chosen Country and then everything will be all rainbows and unicorns and sunshine. And I just can’t believe there are people who are THAT GODDAMN FUCKING STUPID in this world, but not only are they here, they’re in charge of a disturbingly large swath of this country.

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 8:19:59am

re: #151 Dopamine Fish

They don’t like rainbows and unicorns and sunshine, because that’s what LGBTQ+ was giving us.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 8:21:29am

re: #151 Dopamine Fish

…And I just can’t believe there are people who are THAT GODDAMN FUCKING STUPID in this world, but not only are they here, they’re in charge of a disturbingly large (and disproportionally over-represented) swath of this country.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 23, 2022 • 8:26:38am

well

dqqzX+AIr/uArCFz0DyTkITz2sGI9J0RRDUJ2c9KwaxJug947+MMwRkzJQMVJPbhGOM/b1Ta4TpUAUwq5CjZEeBBtXOeVCqQMf/3lTEzv6A=

GlutenFreeJesus  May 23, 2022 • 8:29:52am

re: #149 Dopamine Fish

And Texas Republicans are still shitheads:

It won’t happen but imagine if Amazon and apple refused to allow anyone in the state to do business with them.

Hecuba's daughter  May 23, 2022 • 8:31:11am

re: #150 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Our Texas brother is absolutely persuaded that SCOTUS will adopt the Roberts “compromise”. Until there is a ruling, we don’t know how any of this will play out. In any case, 14 legislators are not close to a majority. There are 150 members of whom 82 are Republican. Let’s see what ultimately happens. It would be justice if companies started fleeing Texas because of its draconian abortion laws.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 8:33:26am

re: #156 Hecuba’s daughter

It is mostly grandstanding, but it shows the direction they are aspiring to reach. When the abortion ban is national, there will be no need for state restrictions on companies.

jaunte  May 23, 2022 • 8:34:55am

re: #151 Dopamine Fish

The point is that they want to outlaw all behavior they don’t like,

Because then they can enjoy the hunting, beating, and execution of their “enemies.”

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 8:36:17am

Conan the Barbarian was not supposed to be a damn documentary.

Eventual Carrion  May 23, 2022 • 8:37:14am

And the rude awakening that unlike deer and rabbits, their “enemies” are armed also.

jaunte  May 23, 2022 • 8:37:47am

re: #159 Dopamine Fish

I think the prime motivation for these people is that they’re sadistic bullies. Maybe made that way by a previous generation, but they find it easier to just keep it going than address their internal issues.

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 8:38:35am

For supposedly compassionate and caring Christian folk, they sure are bloodthirsty.

jaunte  May 23, 2022 • 8:38:58am

“I don’t care if my guy’s a crook, even stealing from me, as long as he hurts people I don’t like.”

Eclectic Cyborg  May 23, 2022 • 8:39:24am

Conservatives: These new restrictions will eliminate abortion and save lives.

Also Conservatives: Gun control will not work. People will still find ways to get guns.

jaunte  May 23, 2022 • 8:39:57am

re: #162 Dopamine Fish

Emotional Incontinence is their religion.

The Pie Overlord!  May 23, 2022 • 8:42:09am
sagehen  May 23, 2022 • 8:42:41am

re: #164 Eclectic Cyborg

Conservatives: These new restrictions will eliminate abortion and save lives.

these new restrictions will make abortion more dangerous. Which they like. If women die… well, they’re harlots, aren’t they? Maybe they should die.

jaunte  May 23, 2022 • 8:47:15am

Morning mimosa

nines09  May 23, 2022 • 8:54:54am

Since I was posting Kinks songs yesterday I would be amiss if I did not post this 2 minute and 41 second gem.
bbl

Youtube Video

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 8:55:31am
Hecuba's daughter  May 23, 2022 • 8:55:52am

re: #162 Dopamine Fish

Regardless of religion, people are bloodthirsty. All the main religions repeatedly fail when it comes to promoting peace. Catholics and Protestants have been at each other’s throats for centuries, ever since Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door, and then Henry VIII wanted to change wives. Of course, in Asia, the Hindus and the Muslims have slaughtered each other. Violence and cruelty seem to be basic tools in the human arsenal to deal with any concept we find disagreeable.

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 8:57:30am
Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 8:57:44am

re: #171 Hecuba’s daughter

Regardless of religion, people are bloodthirsty. All the main religions repeatedly fail when it comes to promoting peace. Catholics and Protestants have been at each other’s throats for centuries, ever since Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door, and then Henry VIII wanted to change wives. Of course, in Asia, the Hindus and the Muslims have slaughtered each other. Violence and cruelty seem to be basic tools in the human arsenal to deal with any concept we find disagreeable,

Jesus came preaching a message of peace and kindness to all people regardless of race, gender, or social status, and they nailed him to a goddamn cross for it.

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 9:00:09am

re: #149 Dopamine Fish

And Texas Republicans are still shitheads:

Time for corporations to vote with their feet…after all, corporations are people too.

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 9:02:28am

The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals rejected Florida’s anti-social-media law as largely unconstitutional. (Great timing, considering the NetChoice decision from the Fifth Circus, now pending before Justice Alito.) The 11th Circuit finds the argument that social media platforms are “public squares” that can be forced to host content they disagree with unconvincing:

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 9:07:23am

re: #175 Dopamine Fish

And more:

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 9:10:26am

The advent of e-Bikes - who would have thought they’d be such great assets in a war…

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 9:10:31am

re: #175 Dopamine Fish

If social media platforms can be forced to host content they disagree with, than so can Fox.

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 9:12:09am

The argument would then go, “But Fox is not a public square, unlike a social media platform, so they’re allowed to make editorial decisions that are not available to large social media companies.”

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 9:12:54am

re: #179 Dopamine Fish

But I have just labeled it a common carrier.

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 9:13:07am

Or California can.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 9:14:00am

re: #167 sagehen

They don’t care if addicts die of overdoses; as DT reminded us “they’re criminals!”

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 9:14:00am

Uhh, uhh, uhhhhh… *smoke bomb*

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 9:14:57am

re: #183 Dopamine Fish

Uhh, uhh, uhhhhh… *smoke bomb*

That’s all it feels like, doesn’t it.

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 9:17:25am

re: #177 darthstar

And they’re a home-grown military asset.

The Eleek Atom Military stealth bikes, which are designed in Ukraine and built in a secret factory, have a range of 93 miles on a five-hour charge and a top speed of 55mph. They enable troops to reach the frontline and mount shoot-andscoot attacks before escaping to safety.

jeffreyw  May 23, 2022 • 9:22:38am

re: #185 darthstar

And they’re a home-grown military asset.

I wonder if the five hour/93 mile charge figures are from the solar panel mentioned in the article.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 9:24:08am

re: #185 darthstar

And they’re a home-grown military asset.

So let us give up our armored divisions and just send out hordes of cyclists…

Jay C  May 23, 2022 • 9:24:42am

re: #186 jeffreyw

What do the Ukrainians need solar panels for? They can recharge just by capturing a few generators from the Russians….

sagehen  May 23, 2022 • 9:26:14am

re: #187 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

So let us give up our armored divisions and just send out hordes of cyclists…

one or two at a time have stealth on their side. Hordes, not so much.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 9:27:10am

re: #189 sagehen

one or two at a time have stealth on their side. Hordes, not so much.

Stealth hordes!!!

retired cynic  May 23, 2022 • 9:32:25am

SAVING THE SOUNDS
OF AN ANCIENT CITY
As Cairo expands, these are the sounds that could fade away.

wapo.st

This is a gift link.

jeffreyw  May 23, 2022 • 9:36:00am

re: #188 Jay C

Sure, they could use Russian generators but they would still need to use their own gas since the captured Rooshkie fuel tanks are all empty.

wrenchwench  May 23, 2022 • 9:37:52am

re: #190 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Stealth hordes!!!

Somebody needs to make a Trojan Bicycle.

Teukka  May 23, 2022 • 9:38:27am

re: #177 darthstar

A rugged Mountain Bike with good gears is also a great asset in war.

Decatur Deb  May 23, 2022 • 9:38:48am

re: #188 Jay C

Wouldn’t be surprised if they can slave off 24 volt armor systems.

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 9:39:37am

re: #186 jeffreyw

Assuming they’re using an 11-13kWh battery, that’s about 2kWh/hr which one COULD get from a small solar array…but my bet is they have a 240v ~13amp plug which could deliver that. Our 40amp charger delivers about 10-11kWh/hr to our cars.

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 9:40:56am

re: #194 Teukka

A rugged Mountain Bike with good gears is also a great asset in war.

Can’t pedal 55mph down a dirt road with a rocket launcher on your back though.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 9:42:26am

re: #194 Teukka

A rugged Mountain Bike with good gears is also a great asset in war.

Japanese bicycle troops played a major role in capturing Singapore. Rolling on bare rims down the Malay Peninsula, the British soldiers thought they were tanks and fled in panic.

wrenchwench  May 23, 2022 • 9:43:53am

re: #194 Teukka

A rugged Mountain Bike with good gears is also a great asset in war.

Swiss army bicycle

Decatur Deb  May 23, 2022 • 9:44:47am

re: #199 wrenchwench

Swiss army bicycle

Does it have a bottle opener?

Decatur Deb  May 23, 2022 • 9:47:10am

Land Rovers do.

wrenchwench  May 23, 2022 • 9:47:42am

re: #200 Decatur Deb

Does it have a bottle opener?

Montague tried to sell them a folding model.

Eventual Carrion  May 23, 2022 • 9:47:57am

re: #200 Decatur Deb

Does it have a bottle opener?

Yeah, I expected more stuff to be folding out of the frame.

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 9:49:53am

Hahahahahaha 🤣

Pictures released showing PM drinking at No 10 leaving do during lockdown in November 2020

ITV News’ Paul Brand has obtained photographs of Boris Johnson drinking at a Downing Street event that looks very much like a party.

The pictures were taken at a leaving do for Lee Cain, the PM’s director of communications, on 13 November 2020.

The images will fuel claims that Johnson was lying when he told MPs more than a year later that all the Covid guidance was followed in Downing Street and that people abided by the rules.

theguardian.com

Historically, the Tories have proven they excel at getting rid of leaders who’ve outlived their usefulness. Now however, they’ve discovered that any and all replacements for Boris Johnson have all the appeal of a malodorous wet fart. Thus, they probably have little choice but to let BoJo bumble on from scandal to scandal, because they simply have no one to replace him with.

sagehen  May 23, 2022 • 9:57:54am

re: #204 Dr Lizardo

Hahahahahaha 🤣

theguardian.com

Lucky for them, Labour doesn’t seem to have anybody suitable either.

What was their 3rd party, do they have anybody?

jaunte  May 23, 2022 • 9:59:16am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 9:59:44am

re: #204 Dr Lizardo

Hahahahahaha 🤣

theguardian.com

And Boris just stamps his feet and shakes his shaggy blonde hair and screams “Nu-unhh! Not me!!!” like a three-year-old caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

And it works.

When it comes to BJ and his abject failures, they are as bad as any US networks.

jaunte  May 23, 2022 • 10:00:07am

National Group Wants IRS Review of Controversial, Witch-Hunting TN Pastor
Locke: “You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation.”
memphisflyer.com

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 10:00:50am

NEW: A pastor in Tennessee just said his church is no longer tax-exempt after TikTok users submitted complaints to the IRS because he went on a rabid rant at his church saying Democrats can’t be Christian and yelled “you ain’t seen an insurrection yet!”

Hallelujah! Start bringing these guys down one by one…

wrenchwench  May 23, 2022 • 10:01:33am

Don’t make me join TikTok.

You already made me learn how to spell it.

Eventual Carrion  May 23, 2022 • 10:01:36am

It’s a start, keep it going.

jaunte  May 23, 2022 • 10:02:52am

“…Locke told CP that “the IRS is not going to come after me” because his church is “squeaky clean financially” and that the measure [The Johnson Amendment] was rarely ever enforced.

“This would literally be the biggest fight constitutionally against a church that the IRS has ever been involved in, and they’re just not going to pick that war; they’re just not,” he continued.”
christianpost.com

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 10:03:15am

re: #205 sagehen

Lucky for them, Labour doesn’t seem to have anybody suitable either.

What was their 3rd party, do they have anybody?

The Liberal Democrats did quite well in recent local council elections.

Then again, Labour is now far ahead in the polls and keeping Johnson is hurting the Tories. Just look at the Australian elections. I think at this point the options the Tories are looking at are an electoral apocalypse with Boris or a step into the unknown with someone else

It’s fairly clear that the longer they keep Boris, the worse it’s going to get for them, so they need to rip off the Band-Aid now if they want to have a chance in 2024. But who knows, maybe the Tories don’t actually want to win in 2024. They’re fucking up the country so badly that Labour will have to make deeply unpopular decisions in order to correct things and then the Tories can ride back in (after all, voters have short memories) and get back to fleecing the UK for another decade or so.

Hecuba's daughter  May 23, 2022 • 10:08:50am

Hope that turns out to be true and not just wishful thinking. Find it difficult to believe that the IRS made such a decision so quickly.

danarchy  May 23, 2022 • 10:09:08am

re: #209 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Hallelujah! Start bringing these guys down one by one…

I foresee a first amendment case and I think I can predict how the ruling will go if it eventually makes its way to scotus…

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 10:10:00am

Boris is going to ignore his agreement with the EU about Northern Ireland and force the EU to put up control checkpoints along the inter-Irish border - and then blame them for being “intransigent”.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 10:11:16am

re: #215 danarchy

How is the tax exemption for churches covered in the Constitution/Bill of Rights?

What then differentiates them from any PAC or political party, or can they then all start calling themselves churches?

Dopamine Fish  May 23, 2022 • 10:11:47am

re: #216 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

And I’m sure this will go over REALLY well with the people living in Northern Ireland, many of whom were already on tenuous terms with the British to begin with after the whole, y’know, 1960’s/1970’s stuff going on.

Crush White Nationalism  May 23, 2022 • 10:12:14am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 10:14:08am

re: #219 Crush White Nationalism

I remember being out with the two-year-old daughter in the stroller and coming to an office supply shops that had some remaindered 5 1/4 floppy discs on sale and told her that she would be able to tell her grandkids that she had seen such a thing.

Like I recall seeing a Ford Edsel driving down our street.

Backwoods_Sleuth  May 23, 2022 • 10:15:45am
sagehen  May 23, 2022 • 10:19:46am

re: #217 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

It isn’t, at all. That was a legislative action.

Depends how vigorously the Johnson Amendment is enforced.

Theoretically, making them tax-exempt was because the community-building value of their existence, plus the charitable work they were supposedly doing, was a net benefit to society. But that law was before the Religious Right became an organized political force, and they’re supposed to not endorse or oppose candidates or parties.

If we try to tax them… sorry, but I just can’t imagine what the property tax bill might be for St Patricks, or the Cathedral of St John the Divine, or the Washington National Cathedral.

And while Joel Osteen or the Mormon Tabernacle can easily pay whatever taxes might accrue… what about the little storefront churches with a membership of 40 families?

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 10:20:22am

re: #220 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Like I recall seeing a Ford Edsel driving down our street.

The last public phonebooth in Czech Republic was removed in the summer of 2021; it was in the southern district of Prague and according to O2, who owned it, it hadn’t been used for four years at that point.

There was a phonebooth down the street from me here, and it was removed in 2017. It wasn’t even functional, just hopelessly vandalized. I’ve heard rumors that there’s still a functioning payphone at the main City Hall downtown, but I haven’t had time to run down there and see if it’s there. I do know the paternoster elevator is still in operation, though.

sagehen  May 23, 2022 • 10:21:43am

re: #218 Dopamine Fish

And I’m sure this will go over REALLY well with the people living in Northern Ireland, many of whom were already on tenuous terms with the British to begin with after the whole, y’know, 1960’s/1970’s 1530’s-1990’s stuff going on.

aatharuv  May 23, 2022 • 10:22:52am

re: #219 Crush White Nationalism

I’m trying to remember the last place I saw a public payphone. It was at the international arrivals section of San Francisco International Airport, where not unexpectedly, a lot of people don’t have international roaming on their phones, and at least some people might have difficulty connecting to the net for any Voip service..

Yes, you can rent a phone there, but it is insanely expensive, and for someone coming to visit relatives/friends, having their relatives taking them to a wireless store to get a temporary SIM is much cheaper.

Dr Lizardo  May 23, 2022 • 10:25:14am

re: #222 sagehen

I’m thinking about Oregon Buddhist Temple in Portland, OR. That’s on some prime land and I’d imagine the property tax bill would be pretty steep. And they’ve done a lot of good for the Portland community.

oregonbuddhisttemple.com

Maybe strip the tax-exempt status of religious orgs that are explicitly political. I could see that.

Hecuba's daughter  May 23, 2022 • 10:25:58am

re: #222 sagehen

It isn’t, at all. That was a legislative action.

Depends how vigorously the Johnson Amendment is enforced.

…….

Won’t that depend on whether the storefront churches violate the Johnson Amendment? If they don’t, then they should still enjoy tax exempt status.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  May 23, 2022 • 10:26:20am

re: #222 sagehen

If they are not acting like PACs or political parties and are fulfilling their role as community-builders, they they will not be approached by the IRS.

It is one thing if they do so in the churches themselves, but especially if they use public media platforms to endorse candidates or parties, then they are no longer functioning as community organizations.

Belafon  May 23, 2022 • 10:27:32am

re: #211 Eventual Carrion

It’s a start, keep it going.

The keep it going should include “we”.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  May 23, 2022 • 10:27:42am

re: #54 austin_blue

Checkmate, Trumpite!

Isn’t this a bonus in trumpworld?

wrenchwench  May 23, 2022 • 10:30:28am

I got a threedle.

Wordle 338 3/6

⬜🟦🟦⬜⬜
🟦🟧⬜🟦🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Hecuba's daughter  May 23, 2022 • 10:32:24am

re: #224 sagehen

Given the radical changes in Ireland since the time of the troubles, NI (both Catholics and Protestants) may indeed reconsider its position and decide to join ROI.

Eventual Carrion  May 23, 2022 • 10:34:01am

re: #223 Dr Lizardo

My friend’s little hole-in-the-wall bar still has the very old, wooden payphone closet. The payphone has been gone for years but people still use the closet because they can close the door and it is fairly quiet from the music and people talking to use your cell.

Decatur Deb  May 23, 2022 • 10:35:46am

re: #214 Hecuba’s daughter

As the tape shows it, the action was pre-emptive on the preacher’s part. Probably still a lot of legal squid ink on the way.

darthstar  May 23, 2022 • 11:14:28am

TikTok motherfucker has meaning now.

Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT

Cash.app Shop at amazon
Train Songs Five
A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!
Tweets: 0 •
Train Songs Four
A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!
Tweets: 0 •
Train Songs Three
A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!
Tweets: 0 •
Snarky Puppy - Trinity (Extended Version) Snarky Puppy never lets you down, they always come out bright and enthusiastically high on the sounds. Snarky Puppy - Trinity (Extended Version)From Snarky Puppy's new album, Empire Central (September 2022, GroundUP Music)Stream/Buy: orcd.co Written by Mark LettieriArranged by ...
Tweets: 2 •