Simple and Beautiful: Vulfmon and Monica Martin, “Alone Again, Naturally”

Music • Views: 22,063

YouTube

Millennials don’t know this song. Boomers think it’s John Lennon. Ryan Lerman’s version is the one I heard. Monica Martin is the latest to pick up this hitchhiker. And my god, the flute solo! —Vulfmon

Single from the album “Here We Go Jack” by Vulfmon.
Buy on vinyl → vulf.link

Monica Martin — vocals
Hailey Niswanger — flute
Vulfmon — keys, mixing, video

“Alone Again (Naturally)” by Gilbert O’Sullivan

PhillyPretzel  Jun 17, 2022 • 5:30:11pm

Well done.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 17, 2022 • 5:34:05pm

heh

Shiplord Kirel: Fan of Big Bird, Bert, and Ernie  Jun 17, 2022 • 5:39:24pm

In the last thread I suggested forming a drag militia, dressing them in WW2 WAC uniforms and arming them with M-1 Garands. Upon further reflection, Browning Automatic Rifles might be better. That way, the proceedings could start with a bit of humor: “Three Nazis walk into a BAR….”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 17, 2022 • 5:41:24pm
Shiplord Kirel: Fan of Big Bird, Bert, and Ernie  Jun 17, 2022 • 5:42:20pm

re: #3 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of Big Bird, Bert, and Ernie

Captain Ron  Jun 17, 2022 • 5:42:30pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 17, 2022 • 5:49:30pm
Belafon  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:00:36pm

Belafon  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:06:56pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:14:41pm
William Lewis  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:18:44pm

Belafon  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:18:48pm
Belafon  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:28:16pm

The second episode of Ms. Marvel is great just for the:

Bon Jovi references.

Charles Johnson  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:34:17pm
HRH Stanley Sea  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:38:35pm

Oh yeah baby

Charles Johnson  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:39:02pm
Belafon  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:46:08pm

re: #11 William Lewis

IngisKahn  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:46:55pm

Youtube Video

Florida Panhandler  Jun 17, 2022 • 6:56:48pm

It is still used in pro and prosumer desktop audio interface systems. But it is disappearing slowly.

Captain Ron  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:08:20pm
Florida Panhandler  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:10:57pm

re: #20 Captain Ron

All of the utter corruption during Trump’s first term will be child’s play should he (or any other Republican) win the White House during the next 20-30 years.

jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:13:53pm

Today my wife saw Rick Perry in his summer shorts at the local mercantile. Not wearing a mask. He stared pointedly at hers before he looked her in the eye and delivered a Republican-in-public smile. She notes that a man that bow-legged should wear long pants.

austin_blue  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:15:50pm

Don Huffines is a Loony Tunes real estate developer whose brother, Ray, inherited dad’s auto dealerships. Don also got a chunk cash from his dad’s estate, and started investing in dirt around DFW (smart) and then got into Conservative Texas Politics and lost his fucking mind (bad).

He ran against Abbot in the Governor’s runoff this year and finished third behind Allen West (that’ll leave a bruise) with +/-12% of the vote.

He is just as crazy as a run-over turkey.

Captain Ron  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:15:54pm
jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:16:07pm
jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:19:03pm

Nucular Perry.

Captain Ron  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:22:24pm
Florida Panhandler  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:22:28pm

Texas doesn’t need a n-bomb program. Once they are free of American Government “domination” the former Republican patriots in charge will quickly sign alliance treaties with Putin’s Russia which will be glad to station their own nukes on Texas soil specifically aimed at Dc and NYC, and for some inexplicable reason, San Francisco.

Think I’m kidding?

Captain Ron  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:25:40pm
jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:26:17pm

Conroebyl, the sequel.

Decatur Deb  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:29:03pm

Given enough fissionable material Texas A&M could learn to make a bomb, right after they learn to build a bonfire.

Amory Blaine  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:31:11pm

Optical has limitations

Both HDMI and optical pass digital audio from one device to another. Both are better than analog (the red and white cables). Both can pass multi-channel audio, like Dolby Digital. Both cables can be had pretty cheap.
The biggest difference is that HDMI can pass higher-resolution audio, including the formats found on Blu-ray: Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. These formats can’t get transmitted across optical.
In terms of simplicity, HDMI also passes video signals. So if you want just a single cable between two devices, HDMI is your pick.

Eventual Carrion  Jun 17, 2022 • 7:31:15pm

Big time.

Milita goon: I have a gun that can put a hold in your vehicle.

Gubmint: I got a missile that can blow your fucking house off the face of the earth.

Dangerman  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:04:40pm

I’m truly fascinated by people who think that virtually no one is dangerous enough to be barred from owning a gun.

Or that they think these laws would be applied unfairly to them.

As if with all the right wing judges out there already, how would that happen?

jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:07:09pm

re: #34 Dangerman

Or that they think these laws would be applied unfairly to them.

They know what murder resides in their hearts.

Jack Burton in Mactified Forshion  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:15:08pm

re: #34 Dangerman

Or that they think these laws would be applied unfairly to them.

As if with all the right wing judges out there already, how would that happen?

They think that red flag laws will be slowly expanded to include any “undesirable” activities beyond DV, or that the laws will be applied with no oversight so anyone can just make wild accusations and then the law will apply.

Whether or not there’s any merit to this, I can’t say, and even if there is would it be worth it regardless, I do not know. What I do know (or strongly believe) is that taking guns away from people credibly accused or convicted of domestic violence (or animal cruelty beyond legitimate hunting) will probably cause the numbers of horrific shit that happens with guns to drop by an order of magnitude without doing a single other thing on the subject.

Renaissance_Man  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:21:43pm

The people who think that know that they won’t be fighting the US military. Or US cops.

Because that’s not the purpose of guns in America. The purpose is to allow the right kind of people to kill the wrong kind of people if they want to. It’s the same attitude that American cops have - we, the right kind of people, have the monopoly on violence that other functional societies give to the state. It’s why cops refer to them as ‘armed friendlies’.

The people who think like this especially want to kill the wrong kind of people when those people get into government and might have some authority over them, because nothing’s more intolerable than feeling like the wrong kind of people can tell you want to do. I don’t know why so many of us believe that the American military and police (which are essentially the same force) won’t be on the side of the gun nuts if or when it ever comes down to that.

jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:26:13pm
Crush White Nationalism  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:36:04pm
jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:37:24pm

Washington Post reports. The vote of the county commissioners was 2-1, and the dissenter said: “”My vote to remain a no isn’t based on any evidence, it’s not based on any facts, it’s only based on my gut feeling and my own intuition, and that’s all I need.”

jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:38:42pm

American microcosm. 30% of the country is in a damn-the-facts delirium.

austin_blue  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:39:01pm

This will shock you, I know, but Texas AG Ken Paxton is both an as-of-now charged but unconvicted felon and a rock-dumb marginally human bag of meat.

cnn.com

Sherlock Hound  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:39:22pm

re: #37 Renaissance_Man

Think of the gun nuts as the Russian VDV paratroopers. When those paratroopers came down to face real Ukrainian soldiers, they were all wiped out. That’s not who they were intended to fight. They were made for unarmed opponents, like Hungary, 1956.

The gunnits were born out of slave patrols. So were the cops. Neither of them will really face the military, and the military won’t confront them.

It will be The Troubles, multiplied by a million small towns and cities, all over America.
There are no real Ukrainians to defend us. Nobody.

jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:44:25pm

I’d like to see a little more of this kind of thing in the Star Wars universe.

Hecuba's daughter  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:44:41pm

re: #39 Crush White Nationalism

Truth Social is a much better fit for Musk. That site objects to criticism of their leader or his views and “fires” anyone who says anything that violates that policy, no matter how accurate or polite that criticism is.

Egregious Philbin  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:57:41pm

I’ve taken a few pics of that, horizontally.

austin_blue  Jun 17, 2022 • 8:59:49pm

I’d like to see a little more of this kind of thing in the Star Wars universe.

Ole!

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:05:26pm

A Cranky One  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:07:44pm

re: #46 Egregious Philbin

I’ve taken a few pics of that, horizontally.

Maybe don’t drink too much before taking photos.

jaunte  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:10:28pm

The black hole has a visual magnitude of 14.5, a measure of how bright an object appears to an observer on Earth. This means that anyone with a decent telescope in a very dark backyard can see it comfortably. “It’s 500 times larger than the black hole in our own galaxy,” said co-author and ANU PhD researcher Samuel Lai.

“The orbits of the planets in our Solar System would all fit within their event horizon, the edge of the black hole from which nothing can escape.”

Targetpractice  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:21:19pm

Telling “patriots” that their arsenals of hand guns, hunting rifles, and buckets of ammo won’t save them against the Armed Forces never registers because they’re totally convinced that the military is on their side. And that when the day comes that the “revolution” begins, either the soldiers will join up with them or will just put down their arms and refuse to do anything as the “patriots” march on D.C. to remove the “tyrants.”

That’s assuming they’re not the sort of nutters who think Red Dawn in any way resembles reality and they’re gonna wage a guerilla war from the mountains that inspires the public to “rise up” against the government. You know, the fellows who took over a bird sanctuary for days, thinking that the government was eventually gonna have to agree to their demands in order to get them to vacate.

Renaissance_Man  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:31:52pm

re: #51 Targetpractice

As I said above, I think they’re pretty much right on that.

Captain Ron  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:37:03pm

I’m watching The Old Man series with Jeff Bridges. He has nice doggies.

William Lewis  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:38:31pm

re: #52 Renaissance_Man

As I said above, I think they’re pretty much right on that.

I’m afraid that the military I served in isn’t quite what you seem to think it is. They will follow orders.

Belafon  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:42:13pm

re: #46 Egregious Philbin

I’ve taken a few pics of that, horizontally.

But which direction is correct?

austin_blue  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:43:34pm

I’m seeing opinions here that make me very uncomfortable.

I come from a military family, which goes back at least four generations.

I’m going to go to sleep. I don’t want to get into any kind of flame war with another Lizard, as I thought the Great Purge was supposed to take care of that.

Whatever. Sweet dreams. Be nice to each other.

Targetpractice  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:50:51pm

re: #36 Jack Burton in Mactified Forshion

The quote is as true today as it ever was:

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

They love the idea of “red flag” laws when they believe they will strictly apply to “those people,” but when the law falls on their heads it’s immediately unconstitutional and a violation of their sacred rights.

Captain Ron  Jun 17, 2022 • 9:55:47pm

But which direction is correct?

Diagonal.

Jack Burton in Mactified Forshion  Jun 17, 2022 • 10:02:53pm

re: #29 Captain Ron

“If I cook up my own baby formula with this prepper mix I got from Glenn Beck will I kill my children? That’s not necessarily a deal breaker.”

“Well the two concerns are salmonella and campylobacter jejuni.”

“First of all I think you made the second bacteria up, and second how do I avoid it?”

Targetpractice  Jun 17, 2022 • 10:16:48pm

Zod save me from the morons who stay at hotels these days. Guest calls me to say that “some of the channels on our TV are upside down.” And all I can immediately think is that the TV signal’s fucked, which is not something I can fix without calling the cable company.

Turns out that “channels” was exactly one channel, the hotel advertisement channel that automatically pops up any time you turn on the TV. I flipped through a couple channels then asked if there were specific ones that were upside down, at which point her SO tells her it’s the advertisement channel that’s f’d and she slowly realizes there’s no issue with her TV.

William Lewis  Jun 17, 2022 • 10:22:50pm

re: #60 Targetpractice

I’d rather deal with guests than with the coworker before me. Didn’t do shit for the laundry. I’ll be lucky to get all the towels she left undone finished by morning (between audit, one more arrival, prepping breakfast, putting receipts under the door of over half the rooms and including guests who asked for early coffee today.) and not even think about the sheet she left undone. Took pictures on the phone this time as the AGM is doing breakfast in the morning.

Targetpractice  Jun 17, 2022 • 10:29:26pm

re: #61 William Lewis

Yeah, I’ve been thankful that this six day week hasn’t also included a lot of “It was so busy, so I wasn’t able to do any laundry” excuses I’ve come to accept is the second shift’s way of saying they just didn’t give a shit and figured “He’s got so much time to do everything.”

DodgerFan1988  Jun 17, 2022 • 11:19:13pm
ericblair  Jun 17, 2022 • 11:38:44pm

re: #56 austin_blue

I’m seeing opinions here that make me very uncomfortable.

I come from a military family, which goes back at least four generations.

Whatever. Sweet dreams. Be nice to each other.

The whole discussion is pointless, because if military dictatorship comes to the United States in any form, the gun nuts will be its defenders.

And “the military” had its chance to complete a right wing coup on Jan 6 2021. It didn’t.

ckkatz  Jun 18, 2022 • 12:50:46am

Very nice version! I also, per our esteemed host’s mention, checked out the Ryan Lerman version. Also nice. I did not check out the Andy Williams version, though.

Gad! I remember the Gilbert O’Sullivan version of “Alone Again Naturally”. It got a lot of airplay on the local Pittsburgh radio stations, back in the day.

I had to look it up. But it was released 50 years ago last February. And apparently written by O’Sullivan when he was 21.

ckkatz  Jun 18, 2022 • 1:35:45am

A couple of thoughts on the ongoing discussion about the possible fallout from an attempt to overthrow the Constitution. It’s just one man’s thoughts and guesses. And you, as the reader have every right to agree or disagree with it, as you please.

I am sticking it behind a private label to spare those not interested.

And an apology to any one who I might make uncomfortable with these thoughts. It’s not my intent.

And a further apology for any typos, dropped words, or poor phrasing. It’s after 4:30AM here on the East Coast and I really need to head to bed.

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

Teukka  Jun 18, 2022 • 1:59:57am

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 2:15:29am

Arizona audit’s “Cyber Ninjas” CEO Doug Logan admitted on Mike Lindell’s show this week that his attempt to launch a new firm after the closing of Cyber Ninjas was a flop due to “80” insurance companies turning him down. He added that he struggled “trying to recruit new people.”

spin: “This shows the degree of discrimination and persecution that loyalist patriots face from woke insurance companies trying to curry favor with Biden!”

Teukka  Jun 18, 2022 • 2:18:25am

re: #67 Teukka

If you need longer cable runs, I would recommend balanced audio for that, and converting unbalanced to balanced and back is not that difficult, you could check around your sources for that, I know it’s needed in stage business, so there are boxes around for that.
As to cabling, you could get away with Cat 6E S/FTP (both braid and foil), but pay attention to routing (at least 1’ away from power cables and run them perpendicular to power as much as you can) and invest in clip-on ferrites for induced interference. Cat 6E S/FTP carefully chosen and routed is more than enough for good balanced audio.

Neutrik’s EtherCON

If you go the Cat 6E S/FTP route, there are products on the stage market which use Cat6E S/FTP for cabling and EtherCON connectors as “snakes” and have combinations of 5- and 3-pin XLR’s (an 5-pin xlr takes 2 pairs, a 3-pin 1 pair, and there are 4 pairs in an Ethernet cable).

Dave In Austin  Jun 18, 2022 • 4:36:13am

Early Start this morning

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 4:47:37am

Dog Days have set in here on the Rhine, temps in the upper 90’s…nothing of note for many in the ‘States, but domestic AC is all but unheard of here.

I am supposed to give a wine-tasting tour at 3pm today, cannot imagine how that is going to go down.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 18, 2022 • 4:53:14am

I’m sure we’ll have some scorchers to come, but this morning it’s 64F and it’s going to stay there until evening when it drops a bit.

jeffreyw  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:02:13am

Good morning!

Dr Lizardo  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:02:54am

re: #71 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

It’s about 82 F here in Moravian Silesia. But like there in Germany, AC is very uncommon here. New office buildings and shopping malls are about the only places. I’ve seen a few apartments with individual AC units, but it’s very expensive to get it installed here.

William Lewis  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:05:18am

re: #71 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

My idea of a wine tasting when I was stationed in Germany was a shady spot in the park that was the former Rothenburg ab den Tauber moat with a bottle of Franken or Mosel, some bread rolls, cheese & salami. A good book and my camera made the afternoon complete :D

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:09:18am
“With Congress closing in on a bipartisan gun-safety deal after last month’s run of mass shootings, the Supreme Court soon will issue a ruling that could make it easier for people in at least a half-dozen states to legally carry loaded firearms in public,” the Washington Post reports.

“It will be the first major Second Amendment decision from the court in more than a decade. And if the justices strike down New York’s century-old restrictions on carrying concealed firearms, as appeared likely when the case was argued last fall, similar regulations in California, New Jersey, Maryland, Hawaii, and Massachusetts would be vulnerable.”

congress is about to provide Justices and their families with enhanced protection from assassins

simultaneously those same justices are going to make it easier for those selfsame potential assailants to arm themselves.

my head; it hurts

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:13:50am

re: #75 William Lewis

We combine it with a tour of Bacharach, which in this case will consist of a tour of the shady spots on the town wall and on the riverbanks.

Weather is supposed to break tomorrow with thunderstorms and get back to more normal summer temps in the 70’s and lower 80’s.

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:13:58am
Maggie Haberman: “My understanding from multiple people is that he’s been unhappy watching them. He’s frustrated in particular seeing the clips of his family — Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner — being used against him.”

More from Haberman’s report in the New York Times: “Mr. Trump has grown angry watching the hearings, knowing that he lacks a bully pulpit from which to respond, according to his advisers.”

what a hack
everybody knows this
we’ve all said it

try telling us reporting something that no one knows.
and not in a year, in a book
timely, and now

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:14:30am

re: #76 Dangerman

my head; it hurts

Those justices should make sure their houses have only one entrance…

Dr Lizardo  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:16:59am

re: #78 Dangerman

Trump has been bitching that he wants equal time to air his views grievances.

And he can have that - he can go and testify, under oath, in front of the January 6th Committee and make his case for all the world to see. Nothing’s stopping him from agreeing to do so.

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:17:38am

William Lewis  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:22:04am

re: #77 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Oh, I’m sure it’s probably great fun. I was just snarking on what it was to be young, unattached and with a GI paycheck in an era of 5dm to the dollar :)

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:24:01am

re: #80 Dr Lizardo

Trump has been bitching that he wants equal time to air his views grievances.

or pence
or loudermilk
or cruz
hawley
or anyone else

they dont have to be served
or even asked nicely
they can, gasp, offer to testify

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:26:51am

re: #80 Dr Lizardo

Trump has been bitching that he wants equal time to air his views grievances.

Of course, he means that he gets to present himself on his own terms and unchallenged without cross-examination. Because he sees himself as morally equal or even superior to Congress.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:28:12am

re: #82 William Lewis

Rothenburg ob der Tauber is hard to beat as a tourist destination.

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:41:56am

re: #84 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Not just Congress

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:42:27am
Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:44:02am

re: #87 Dangerman

if all of walkers kids vote for him, Warnock doesn’t stand a chance

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:45:55am

re: #88 Dangerman

Seen around

“If I had any photoshop skilz, you know who’d be Luke’s father…”

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:46:46am

re: #88 Dangerman

if all of walkers kids vote for him, Warnock doesn’t stand a chance

At this point everyone - everybody - throughout Georgia knows he’s an asshole, especially his newfound children. I’m not sure they’d vote for him.

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:50:26am

Enough paternity nonsense.

This seems …very bad??

Barefoot Grin  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:51:00am

The J6 hearings have really brought the right-wingers to a boil on twitter. Between Trump’s rally, transvestite panic (and purposely conflating it with transgender), and now Colbert’s staff getting arrested in a Capitol adjacent building, they are missing no chances to distract from the most critical crisis in many decades.

William Lewis  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:51:06am

re: #85 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Rothenburg ob der Tauber is hard to beat as a tourist destination.

Yep. I was stationed quite near there so it was a easy hop on the train. Only thing better was a long weekend in Munich drinking too much beer and flirting with the fräuleins ;)

steve_davis  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:53:36am

re: #70 Dave In Austin

Early Start this morning

oh dear. dogs did not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and do not know they are nekked.

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 5:59:21am

bit­coin is be­low $20,000, a level widely mon­i­tored by cryptocurrency en­thu­si­asts

the sell­off shows no signs of abat­ing,

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:08:46am

re: #29 Captain Ron

Cronobacter sakazakeii is a zero tolerance microorganism in infant formula along with Salemonella serovars and Listeria monocytogenes The fact that Abbott covered up contamination in their production facilities for four months and TFG made trade more difficult can only be blamed on Biden if there is zero thought used.

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:13:29am

re: #96 Colère Tueur de Lapin

But the frothing base and media are not interested in using thought. The frothing base wants anti-Biden and pro-Trump rhetoric and logic and nuance be damned. The media wants eyeballs and lying to appease the frothing base over any sort of journalistic integrity or societal responsibility was sold down the rivers years ago.

(Sort of peeved today since the video I was watching with my first cup of coffee was led off by some sort of pseudo-libertarian BS ad that led with a claim that 80% of US currency was printed in the past year - possibly true. But then immediately claimed this was causing inflation, increased prices (with photo of gas pump), yadda yadda as I cut it off. Probably Epoch Times, but it did not matter since it was crap rhetoric purposefully being ignorant.)

TarHellion  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:16:49am

Wordle 364 3/6

🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Changed up the starting word and it paid off. Finally some relief from the heat - at least for a couple of days. Have a great weekend everyone!

Dr Lizardo  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:24:02am

Somehow, I think that learning from this person might prove counterproductive:

Unless by ‘tudoring’, you’ll be taught how to treat serfs, serve boar’s head for dinner and die at the age of 34 because of an unidentified “interregnum of the Devill”.

HRH Stanley Sea  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:31:52am

UGH!!!!!! 🕔

FpXdV3hNsaRiDcgm14y5L2CsH9nou03iJ7r54NWUW/1oMhAanEPniCB4SM2/CErwSR13sKViOQeCrvcht2ZHImW2GRCvcaepuBnVYwm8O8WherVY3oozP+v//QrfSfVkKj5++MJgaDCV7RdWcjtZVtj0XvX3LLzc1+MRIy1LG12sVxxcjYQ6DGgClVGSpNTM/avG0q9uLQk=

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:32:09am

re: #99 Dr Lizardo

Somehow, I think that learning from this person might prove counterproductive:

I was thinking woodworking /home construction

Eventual Carrion  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:34:42am

re: #72 Barefoot Grin

Here in NW PA it is about 55F at 9:30 am, only supposed to get a high of maybe 65F. A real change from the last few days.

TarHellion  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:44:52am

re: #100 HRH Stanley Sea

TcZ7hWoAdlRGOan19hmczGOG18hXmrJBaBO4hLeSksxhuZG8SIkgKpnv+mnFxme4lj+A4gc3+LLe0KcxVnVcu/T9/lvPzccIBR7w7F7e/Q0GQpRPAUKttoDpV9V1lj3KIuwTDeK5PKK5vBumQau/sA==

Belafon  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:48:29am

re: #95 Dangerman

Belafon  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:51:19am

What Right-wingers are afraid of:

No Malarkey!  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:51:57am

The stupid times we live in, in which people think that electronic data from grifters is more secure than currency backed by the taxing power of the wealthiest nation in history.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 18, 2022 • 6:59:17am

re: #106 No Malarkey!

From the CNBC article about BTC dropping below $20 000…

Ryan Shea, an economist at crypto investment firm trakx.io, said the recent stress in digital assets was the “crypto market equivalent of natural selection.”

Absent a central bank, the onus is on firms operating in the space to be responsible and those that aren’t (i.e., excessive leverage, poor risk management, poor security etc) will not succeed,” Shea said in a research note Friday.

“This process is without doubt painful, but ultimately the lack of a centralized backstop is a good thing as it means moral hazard is avoided because there are no bailouts in crypto unlike in the fiat system.”

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:03:56am

What Right-wingers are afraid of:

A general observation re scotus judges:

The last time one was appointed by a president of one party and confirmed by a senate controlled by the other was Clarence Thomas in 1991.

Biden was the Judiciary Committee chair

Eventual Carrion  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:09:42am

re: #100 HRH Stanley Sea

UGH!!!!!! 🕔

5/6 for me also.

czZWorWQQ0TzAPDKQ3WDWDo9CA4LM/SfOZ6QFQuFsN6gf3q2CtGR+FfizIJHikKpJqV2FJxMkBiqqR4XBlzSePk73awKOVtS2AVDS5meWlJZaA5uTczSqjnWdi3hvYuxds8P8pMnIAop8KpGDMCHfkx5A8yGcIGzEKcV9mkvoUXIqSuYdwUCeRcDG/++wTjj

mmmirele  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:13:36am

*yawn* trying to wake up…

I’m going to drive over to Los Angeles today so that I can protest outside John MacArthur’s church in Sun Valley/Burbank on Sunday morning. Because this is the best way I thought I could celebrate my birthday, which is also Juneteenth, which is also John MacArthur’s 83rd birthday.

MacArthur is a well-known pastor within the Evangelical sphere. He’s an independent Baptist, with his church Grace Community, but has lots of friends among certain Southern Baptists. He also has his own university (Master’s University, WASC certified) and his pet sematery (Master’s Cemetery) which only enrolls *men*. So yeah, you can see where this is going.

Back in the fall of 2019, MacArthur told a Bible teacher named Beth Moore to GO HOME and basically stop teaching the Bible, which happens to be her livelihood. Well, a lot has happened since 2019. Moore, who used to be a Southern Baptist, left her SBC church and moved on to the splinter group Anglican Church in North America (founded in large part because the Episcopal Church treats LGBTQIA people as human beings). MacArthur has spent the pandemic being an asshat, refusing to follow public health guidelines and his church is a plague center.

I had planned on protesting MacArthur at the MEN’S ONLY “Shepherds’ Conference” in March 2020, but a wrenched knee saved me from going to stand outside the plague center and possibly getting a snootful of Covid. (One attendee at least is reported to have died after attending. The week after Shepherds’, my evil too big to fail employer sent us all home.) Obviously we all know what has happened since then. This is the first opportunity I’ve had to go over there since then.

I wrote a pamphlet called “Bible Women Who Didn’t GO HOME” and printed a bunch out. But on Thursday a couple of people posted how MacArthur had been teaching the “curse of Ham/Canaan” as recently as 2010. This complete FILTH says that Black people are cursed by God because they’re descended from Ham/Canaan. Besides being completely false, it’s just Biblically-cloaked racism. Which Johnny Mac probably picked up when he went to Bob Jones College. So I wrote a SECOND pamphlet called “Time to say it out loud: John MacArthur is a RACIST and he seems to think slavery is OK too!” I’m putting that behind the button because I completely understand inflicting obscure religious arguments upon people—y’all aren’t interested.

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

Anyway, so I’ll be heading off after I get around. My brother knows I’m going to LA but he absolutely DOES NOT want to know WHY I’m going. Which is fine. He has my phone number. I will provide reports as I have the opportunity.

No Malarkey!  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:17:31am

re: #107 Eclectic Cyborg

From the CNBC article about BTC dropping below $20 000…

LOL, they aren’t grifters, they are saints!

Dr Lizardo  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:17:51am

re: #107 Eclectic Cyborg

So, if people lose everything and get totally wiped (and let’s be honest, crypto is the latest iteration of pyramid scheme), she’s saying “…and that’s a good thing.”

To own the libs, presumably.

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:20:46am

re: #73 jeffreyw

Good morning!

Western good morning!

ericblair  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:23:04am

re: #107 Eclectic Cyborg

Sure there are bailouts. When your scariest organized crime clients call your exchange and politely tell you what US dollar account they would like a “fair” assessment of their crypto balance transferred to, or failing that their rather large associate will show up wherever you think you’re hiding and work on your joint flexibility, there’s your bailout.

Considering the usages of many of these coins, I would assume that the appropriate prioritization of assets is going on as we speak.

HypnoToad  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:24:49am

I’d like to see a little more of this kind of thing in the Star Wars universe.

A few thoughts about M104, the Sombrero Galaxy. It is a massive, dense object that contains over a trillion stars, some three times that of our own Milky Way. It is about fifty thousand light years across, half the diameter of the MW. Imagine what the sky would look like from most locations within it.

As one of the most symmetrical and beautiful galaxies out there, it must follow the law of orthogonality, therefore appearing horizontally is preferred, with vertical allowed. Of course, this orientation is established by its observers being located in the northern hemisphere of the Earth, the center of the universe, where it appears that way in our telescopes. (This is a good time of the year to see it, not far west from the star Spica, and in the southern part of the Virgo cluster of galaxies)

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:28:07am

re: #98 TarHellion

Wordle 364 3/6

🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Damn. I had a hard time. I was worried.

Wordle 364 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Hecuba's daughter  Jun 18, 2022 • 7:53:16am

re: #84 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Not morally superior. Trump has never cared about morals or ethics. His view is simply that he has always been able to control the narrative; reality is whatever he declares and whatever he wants. His life experiences have been that he can bully anyone and ignore any rules that impede him. His experience with COVID proved to him that even medicine defers to his strength and his will. Nothing to date has shown him to be wrong — he has overcome every obstacle and laws and government institutions will ultimately yield to his demands as long as he doesn’t waver.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:04:30am
Hecuba's daughter  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:10:44am

re: #100 HRH Stanley Sea

UGH!!!!!! 🕔

5 for me too

OCGQ4wr5BrEwC5WCQ3Bjx7PA+BjSb/aS1N1B3O0D/31SVC8Fs9NH02kAQkyfz066jUHEYWYJTCqb5OeQqdWcnihVt18aJfyaVmJnYUpSEXSTi5IHWkub9pfASd1ynWF+5v03h/7Gu7+3IgUb3CjRU4fza0YaznCfSZA1FjH89xUMCsf9WuiIreUKWG+ZxVuVHZ76rC0hwidhxFInFDdXj/RqQ5t+f/RRu8sKNTi65D7PhhLs2LjSzZHpKuOUV7DPQL3UdM4dVvAd+qn5pf7r1yM9WMPKJms/efMEQEoloNdPMUe6dv1zyEKFis3ZoxsL50+6jnGbrfr0CahunNxbspN095i/Crfn0Ah54OR6+afvIPMQkOPpG7xhUgCCAhslvmKNZeMqDdbSNNU/NiD32RJUIBDr5DNMRymw94ODksbqEmDisWLW8w==

Dr. Matt  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:16:05am

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:17:07am

re: #118 Eclectic Cyborg

PhillyPretzel  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:26:06am

Oy. They are going to be at it for the whole day.

Decatur Deb  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:34:28am

re: #118 Eclectic Cyborg

Wish to fuck I could ride a real bike again.

Hecuba's daughter  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:37:54am

I have found it hard to watch much of Bill Maher these days. Other than his total antipathy toward Trump, his libertarian views and arrogance are irritating, as are many(most) of his guests. Last night, his panel included Krystal Ball, who I liked at one time but that was many years ago. What led me to turn off the TV was the one time she was right: she felt that Death Santis would be at least as bad as Trump — but Maher and his other guest James Kirchick did not seem concerned at all about the danger he posed. Maher is no where as knowledgeable or intelligent as he thinks.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:38:12am
(((Archangel1)))  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:46:34am

Unless it’s a secret homage to the pilot episode of The West Wing…

PhillyPretzel  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:47:35am

re: #126 (((Archangel1)))

And some of these folks are also forgetting that W fell off his bike too.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:47:58am

re: #106 No Malarkey!

Monetary protest votes

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:49:35am

re: #122 PhillyPretzel

Oy. They are going to be at it for the whole day.

Donald Trump never fell getting off a bicycle!

Eventual Carrion  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:51:05am

theguardian.com

Yes, biking mishaps are unprecedented. Or maybe unpresidented? :-)

PhillyPretzel  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:51:33am

re: #129 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

DT never rode a bike.

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:53:09am

re: #123 Decatur Deb

Wish to fuck I could ride a real bike again.

I still can, thankfully. Planning to treat myself to a new one soon.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:53:37am

re: #131 PhillyPretzel

DT never rode a bike.

Irrelevant: if he had deigned to ride a bicycle, it would have been so awesome that everyone would have reported how magnificent it was, beautiful. Only the best bikes.

Dr Lizardo  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:54:40am

re: #129 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Donald Trump never fell getting off a bicycle!

Of course not.

Can you picture his fat ass on a bike?

Youtube Video

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:55:05am
Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 18, 2022 • 8:56:02am

re: #133 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

They would have released a video of him riding up a mountain with an obvious greenscreen background.

Decatur Deb  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:01:45am

re: #132 Eclectic Cyborg

I still can, thankfully. Planning to treat myself to a new one soon.

We’ve been looking at a tandem recumbent trike Wife and I could ride, one with electric boost capability. That would run into several thousand dollars. That’s hard to justify with a short Alabama outdoor season. OTOH, I’ve just about worn out a whole Nordic Track hamster bike—a rare accomplishment.

dat_said  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:09:30am

re: #129 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Donald Trump never fell getting off a bicycle!

Honestly, I’m surprised he never fell getting off a golf cart.

Barefoot Grin  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:11:12am

This happens to me after I haven’t ridden in awhile. Pedals, clips or cages, all can be confusing until you get back into it. He has to ride through these crowds, too.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:13:42am

What Right-wingers are afraid of:

Yep a liberal Black Judge on the 5th might just make people VERY uncomfortable.

wrenchwench  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:26:14am

re: #126 (((Archangel1)))

Unless it’s a secret homage to the pilot episode of The West Wing…

His mirror is not installed correctly. It should go out from the handlebar, then up, not up and then out. Common mistake.

If bikes were taken seriously, lights and mirrors would not be accessories, they would come on the bike as original equipment.

BlueSpotinAL  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:27:37am

If twitter nags you to log in, click log in, then close the window. I can keep browsing that twitter account without logging in, at least with chrome. Edited to add: Possibly with re-nagging.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:28:32am

re: #141 wrenchwench

Tr*mp’s mirrors would be perfect, just perfect.

Crush White Nationalism  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:29:04am
Crush White Nationalism  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:30:50am
Barefoot Grin  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:35:02am

My wife sent me a picture of a burger wrapper from Mosburger in Japan. It has “mokushoku” (黙食) written on it to remind customers to eat in silence. Apparently, that’s been part of the efforts to contain the spread of covid. The rule extends also to school lunchtime and to cheering at sports events and screaming on amusement park rides. I just saw that the restriction will end soon. I have suggested we do mokushoku at home but wife noted that I’ve been practicing it for years.

jaunte  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:36:13am
Hecuba's daughter  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:45:08am

Sigh. It’s everywhere!

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

Barefoot Grin  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:48:48am

I jumped the gun last week lamenting being alone on Fathers Day (a day I’ve never really cared about), so I’ll repost my favorite song about father’s day:

Youtube Video

Eclectic Cyborg  Jun 18, 2022 • 9:52:17am
prairiefire  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:01:49am

My soon to be x said I’ve been passive aggressive about Father’s Day and I’m sure that’s true.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:07:10am

re: #133 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

with the most beautiful training wheels…

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:11:35am

oh

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:24:19am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:26:37am

re: #63 DodgerFan1988

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:30:08am
Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:33:10am

re: #118 Eclectic Cyborg

In case no ones mentioned it
“Potus in a bicycle accident” was part of the west wing pilot episode story.

It ran for 7 years

I’m not worried

Charles Johnson  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:33:22am
jaunte  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:34:46am
Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:34:46am

re: #126 (((Archangel1)))

Unless it’s a secret homage to the pilot episode of The West Wing…

Ah ok then

prairiefire  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:35:06am

Black schozzle.

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:40:24am

re: #138 dat_said

Honestly, I’m surprised he never fell getting off a golf cart.

How do we know?

They hid most of the effing insurrection

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:41:23am

re: #142 BlueSpotinAL

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:43:26am

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:44:33am
Hecuba's daughter  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:46:24am

@BrentTerhune
Stephen Colbert stormed the capital

There are Trump zombies stupid enough to fall for this. My idiot FB friend ranted this morning how Colbert’s crew should be locked up and there are all these poor innocents in federal jails right now for doing nothing on January 6.

Dangerman  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:46:36am

Colbert wasn’t even there was he?

Was it not in fact an actual sock puppet?

Crush White Nationalism  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:46:40am

prairiefire  Jun 18, 2022 • 10:54:38am

RIP, a level headed guy.

Belafon  Jun 18, 2022 • 11:24:06am

John Hughes  Jun 18, 2022 • 11:54:21am

Harvard (haaaaaaavaaahd?) should just say “ok, Pete, your degree is revoked. Have a nice day”.

Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT

Cash.app Shop at amazon
Train Songs Five
A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!
Tweets: 0 •
Train Songs Four
A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!
Tweets: 0 •
Train Songs Three
A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!
Tweets: 0 •
Snarky Puppy - Trinity (Extended Version) Snarky Puppy never lets you down, they always come out bright and enthusiastically high on the sounds. Snarky Puppy - Trinity (Extended Version)From Snarky Puppy's new album, Empire Central (September 2022, GroundUP Music)Stream/Buy: orcd.co Written by Mark LettieriArranged by ...
Tweets: 2 •