Join Rachel Staman as she cooks for Vegans and Other Horrible People.
Episode 1 - Breakfast Skillet for Vegans
1 package of Gardein Home Style Beefless tips
1 package of Simply Potatoes Hash Browns
2 handfuls of of vegan cheese
a few tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 block of extra firm tofu
2 spoons of tahini
1 spoon of soy sauce or tamari
1 spoon dijon mustard
big dash of of tumeric
vegan barbecue sauce (no worcestershire)
1. In a well-oiled (spray it) 12 inch non stick skillet, line the bottom with Simply Potatoes. Sprinkle with onion, salt, and garlic powder. Press so its even. Cook 6 to 7 minutes to be lightly browned. Set the timer. You’re drunk.
2. While this is cooking, crumble the tofu with your hands, so that there are still some visible pieces, but it’s broken up quite thoroughly. Lay on a paper towel. And whisk together your tahini, tamari, mustard, and turmeric mixture.
3. Take the potato skillet out, drizzle more oil. Turn the potatoes over with spatula in sections. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue cooking 6-8 minutes.
4. Oil 2 pans and put on medium heat. Add the tofu to one pan, along with the tahini mixture. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly and cook till the tofu is warmed through, about 4 minutes or so.
4. While you’re stirring this pan, stay close to the other pan and warm up the Beefless tips. Simply pour out the beef nuggets and watch them not burn.
6. Take out your skillet and top with “eggs” and crown it with your “ribs”. Lather with BBQ sauce and you’re good to eat.