Pages

Jump to bottom

3 comments

1 Gavriel  Thu, Dec 31, 2009 10:33:11am
I must be missing something, I thought the airborne concentration of C02 in the atmosphere was rising???

The concentration of C02 is rising. The article indicates that of all the man made emissions, only 40% goes into the air. The other 60% goes into the water or land. Some model was showing that the water and land would get too full and then we'd seee more than 40% staying in the air. The article says "No, still 40%" [at least that's my non climate scientist's understanding]

2 studentpatriot  Thu, Dec 31, 2009 10:56:13am

re: #1 Gavriel

See, that's what I was thinking (the 40%), but I reread the actual article (which isn't very long) and I don't think that is what the author is saying.

Unless he is able to measure the percentage of anthropogenic C02 in the atmosphere from 1850 onwards, then I think the authors are saying that there has been zero change in the C02 concentration (ppb) in the atmosphere since that time. I am looking back at different articles that show upward trending graph lines, and they are either global temperature or tons of C02 emitted. I need to find something measuring ppb C02 in the atmosphere over time.

It is my understanding that the ratio of carbon isotopes are different from natural and man-made sources of C02, so maybe he could make that type of analysis (but I am doubtful).

3 studentpatriot  Thu, Dec 31, 2009 11:01:33am

re: #2 studentpatriot

The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has changed in the past hundred years. Before the Industrial Revolution, carbon dioxide levels stayed nearly stable for thousands of years. Since human beings developed a fossil-fuel- based global economy and lifestyle, the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide has increased dramatically.

Square that circle


This page has been archived.
Comments are closed.

Jump to top

Create a PageThis is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.
Or... you can just click this button to open the Pages posting window right away.
Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT
LGF User's Guide RSS Feeds Tweet

Help support Little Green Footballs!

Subscribe now for ad-free access!Register and sign in to a free LGF account before subscribing, and your ad-free access will be automatically enabled.

Donate with
PayPal
Cash.app Shop at amazon
as an LGF Associate!
Recent PagesClick to refresh
Playing With AI-Generated “Art”I haven't really explored NightCafe's free online AI Art Generator (creator.nightcafe.studio) tool yet. I have only done some preliminary tinkering around with it but, I have to say, I'm more impressed with the results than I anticipated considering how little ...
dat_said
22 hours, 23 minutes ago
Views: 135 • Comments: 2 • Rating: 1
Tweets: 0 •
Indigenous Americans Ruled Democratically Long Before the U.S. DidDemocracy: it was older and more widespread than we thought. At the Oconee site, called Cold Springs, artifacts were excavated before the valley became an aquatic playground. Now, new older-than-expected radiocarbon dates for those museum-held finds push back the origin ...
Thanos
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Views: 1,449 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 2
Tweets: 3 •