What does ‘pro-business’ mean?
“What makes a policy or a politician pro business? Some would tell you it includes:
* Lower or eliminate the minimum wage
* Eviscerate OSHA and other safety and pollution inspections
* Make it difficult for workers to easily switch jobs from one company or another
* Educate the public just enough for them to be compliant cogs in the factory system
* Fight transparency to employees, the public and investors
* Cut corporate taxes
I think these are certainly pro-factory policies. All of them make it easier for the factory to be more efficient, to have more power over workers and to generate short-term profits.
But “business” is no longer the same as “factory”…”