Four NY men convicted in synagogue bomb plot
Great news! I hope these 4 douchebags spend the rest of their natural lives rotting in prison.
NEW YORK — Four New York men on Monday were convicted of plotting to blow up synagogues and shoot down US military aircraft after a trial hinging on the testimony of a paid FBI informant, the federal prosecutor’s office said.
James Cromitie, 44, and three others had been accused of wanting to wage Muslim jihad in their own country, attacking the Jewish house of worship and a Jewish community center in the Bronx, and firing Stinger missiles at planes at a nearby Air National Guard base.
They face sentences of up to life in prison.
“Homegrown terrorism is a serious threat,” Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara said.
“The defendants in this case agreed to plant bombs and use missiles they thought were very real weapons of terrorism. We are safer today as a result of these convictions.”
The jury in Manhattan federal court took a week to reach the verdict following a trial in which the court heard how an FBI informant lured the four men deeper and deeper into an extended sting operation.
Cromitie, David Williams, 29, Onta Williams, 34, and Laguerre Payen, 29, were arrested on May 20, 2009 in a dramatic scene when they had just planted what they believed to be explosives at their targets.
The bombs were duds and the gang, which was taped expressing anger at Jews in general and at the US-led war in Afghanistan, was under surveillance throughout.