Israel arrests 2 Palestinian suspects for Settler Massacre
Israel has arrested two Palestinians suspected of committing the deadly stabbing attack that killed five members of a West Bank settler family last month, Israel’s Shin Bet security services said Sunday.
The March 11 assault killed two adults and three of their children, including a 4-year-old boy and his 3-month-old sister, while they were sleeping in the Itamar settlement, deep inside the West Bank. Grisly scenes from the attack, along with the ages of the victims, shocked Israelis.
Israel has been conducting mass arrest raids in the neighboring Palestinian village of Awarta since the attack.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said the two suspects, teenagers from Awarta, belonged to a small PLO faction, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
He said they admitted to planning and carrying out the stabbing, before fleeing to Awarta.