Was Brewer moved by exhausted pleading of comedians? — and other bits of humor at Arizona’s expense
• Current events quiz: Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed the birther bill and the guns on campus bill because:
1) she snapped out of it.
2) she’s a Manchurian-candidate-pawn-of-the-Kenyan-mafia-Republican-in-Name-Only-RINO.
3) the pleading from exhausted comedians was so moving.
4) at recess, Arizona is tired of being picked on by that meanie, Mississippi.
• The birther bill the governor vetoed required all presidential candidates to present documentation to the secretary of state proving that they are “one of us.” Said Russell Pearce, “It could be anything: Caucasian pigment with a reddish tint on the neck, a Conway Twitty cassette, a subscription to ‘Quilter,’ a belt with your name stamped on the back - just about anything that says you’re an American just like us.”
• The partisan “We hate Sheriff Clarence Dupnik for pointing out we’re haters” recall effort has until May 24th to collect 90,000 signatures. Half of the 17 signatures collected were rejected because “@$!$!# Clarence” is not a valid signature.