Pages

Jump to bottom

6 comments

1 Lidane  Sun, Oct 2, 2011 5:18:20pm

What the hell does something you spat out 20 months ago have to do with a new series of SCOTUS cases this year?

FAIL.

2 mikiesmoky2  Sun, Oct 2, 2011 5:33:27pm

re: #1 Lidane

What the hell does something you spat out 20 months ago have to do with a new series of SCOTUS cases this year?

FAIL.

WOW!!!
Another brilliant (not!!) comment.
That posting to which you refer is extremely important. If you have anything to say about it, you should so state your perceptions.
All you offer is an inane remark which is worthless to anyone.
You, apparently, do not have the wherewithal to understand the main part regarding the decision upcoming by the Supreme Court.
Had you had any comprehension, you might have offered a rational comment.

SUGGESTION: If you can offer no more than inane nonsense, please feel free to disregard any of my postings.
All will benefit.
If you can grow up and offer something beneficial, please do so, as all should appreciate a positive effort.
Agreeing with me does not constitute a positive effort.

mz

3 Daniel Ballard  Sun, Oct 2, 2011 6:51:33pm

re: #2 mikiesmoky2

WOW!!!
Another brilliant (not!!) comment.
That posting to which you refer is extremely important. If you have anything to say about it, you should so state your perceptions.
All you offer is an inane remark which is worthless to anyone.
You, apparently, do not have the wherewithal to understand the main part regarding the decision upcoming by the Supreme Court.
Had you had any comprehension, you might have offered a rational comment.

SUGGESTION: If you can offer no more than inane nonsense, please feel free to disregard any of my postings.
All will benefit.
If you can grow up and offer something beneficial, please do so, as all should appreciate a positive effort.
mz

You have no right to insult anyone here. Consider yourself fortunate anyone takes the time to view your screeds.

4 freetoken  Sun, Oct 2, 2011 8:16:44pm
PROBLEM: Escalating health care costs, and the insecurities of the populace regarding health care.

Americans demand more from "health care" than they did 50 years ago, much more. Thus it costs more as supply (in many cases technologically limited and in others trained personnel limited) is not infinite.

You want to significantly lower health care costs? The answer is simple: let people die when that is what they would do without medical intervention.

That sounds heartless? Well, yes. But, that is how a great deal of the world lives. In this world of 7 billion people how many do you think have ON DEMAND life saving measures that are available for as long (in some cases many decades) as needed?

Health care cost is high in the US because we demand a lot, and we price health care so less is hidden. In many other countries which also have ON DEMAND health care (most of Europe, Japan, Canada) the costs are more socialized and in some cases indirectly so it is hard to pin down. For example, mandating paid maternity and paternity leave must be given to employees no doubt helps new families live healthier, but is that priced as a "health care" cost?

We (and the other 10% of the world) who have high technology ON DEMAND health care should be glad we're not like the other 90%.

Perhaps we need to look at these problems in different, and new, ways?

5 mikiesmoky2  Sun, Oct 2, 2011 10:14:48pm

re: #4 freetoken

Americans demand more from "health care" than they did 50 years ago, much more. Thus it costs more as supply (in many cases technologically limited and in others trained personnel limited) is not infinite.

You want to significantly lower health care costs? The answer is simple: let people die when that is what they would do without medical intervention.

That sounds heartless? Well, yes. But, that is how a great deal of the world lives. In this world of 7 billion people how many do you think have ON DEMAND life saving measures that are available for as long (in some cases many decades) as needed?

Health care cost is high in the US because we demand a lot, and we price health care so less is hidden. In many other countries which also have ON DEMAND health care (most of Europe, Japan, Canada) the costs are more socialized and in some cases indirectly so it is hard to pin down. For example, mandating paid maternity and paternity leave must be given to employees no doubt helps new families live healthier, but is that priced as a "health care" cost?

We (and the other 10% of the world) who have high technology ON DEMAND health care should be glad we're not like the other 90%.

Perhaps we need to look at these problems in different, and new, ways?

Excellent and well thought out comments.
I will do my best to offer adequately responses.

REGARDING: Americans demand more from "health care" than they did 50 years ago, much more.
RESPONSE: Yes. We want that which is available.
A vast array or moral and ethical questions are precipitated.
E.g., should anyone and everyone be provided the best medical care available, at any time, regardless of costs versus benefits?

REGARDING: Thus it costs more as supply (in many cases technologically limited and in others trained personnel limited) is not infinite.
RESPONSE: This is a "biggie"! Wow!
This requires contemplation..............
How about a reconfiguration of employment, since there may be too many on Wall Street and in the military and not enough in medical delivery, recreation, and education?

REGARDING: You want to significantly lower health care costs? The answer is simple: let people die when that is what they would do without medical intervention.
RESPONSE: Well...., that may be going a wee bit beyond that which a rational and functional civilized group would appreciate and accept.

REGARDING: That sounds heartless? Well, yes. But, that is how a great deal of the world lives. In this world of 7 billion people how many do you think have ON DEMAND life saving measures that are available for as long (in some cases many decades) as needed?
RESPONSE: It appears more selfish and irrational than "heartless", although some would argue this is just semantics.

REGARDING: Health care cost is high in the US because we demand a lot, and we price health care so less is hidden. In many other countries which also have ON DEMAND health care (most of Europe, Japan, Canada) the costs are more socialized and in some cases indirectly so it is hard to pin down. For example, mandating paid maternity and paternity leave must be given to employees no doubt helps new families live healthier, but is that priced as a "health care" cost?
RESPONSE: There are a myriad of reasons that health care delivery is so expensive, e.g., utilization loads (buildings, equipment, and personnel), lack of significant preventative medical efforts, the irresponsibility of patients’ lifestyles, profits, high salaries (doctors and executives), expensive research, expensive equipment, high pensions, et cetera. Most of these can and must be mitigated.

REGARDING: We (and the other 10% of the world) who have high technology ON DEMAND health care should be glad we're not like the other 90%.
RESPONSE: Yes, we should be appreciative.

REGARDING: Perhaps we need to look at these problems in different, and new, ways?
RESPONSE: I, absolutely and unequivocally, agree.

Terrific comments.
mz

6 mikiesmoky2  Mon, Oct 3, 2011 1:43:52am

re: #4 freetoken

FT, although, as I have stated above, I appreciate your excellent comments regarding health care, you did not address the subject of the posting, i.e., the "individual mandate".
I believe it will be declared constitutional.

mz


This page has been archived.
Comments are closed.

Jump to top

Create a PageThis is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.
Or... you can just click this button to open the Pages posting window right away.
Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT
LGF User's Guide RSS Feeds Tweet

Help support Little Green Footballs!

Subscribe now for ad-free access!Register and sign in to a free LGF account before subscribing, and your ad-free access will be automatically enabled.

Donate with
PayPal
Cash.app Shop at amazon
as an LGF Associate!
Recent PagesClick to refresh
YUNGBLUD (With WILLOW) - Memories (Official Music Video) YUNGBLUD (with WILLOW) - Memories (Official Music Video) Stream and download “Memories (with WILLOW)” : yungblud.lnk.to watch more official YUNGBLUD videos: yungblud.lnk.to SIGN UP to YUNGBLUD's Mailing List: yungblud.lnk.to subscribe to YUNGBLUD: yungblud.lnk.to connect with YUNGBLUD online:visit the official ...
Thanos
2 weeks, 2 days ago
Views: 1,273 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 1
Tweets: 3 •