Teen Isaac Newton Admits to His Sins
Heh, I got a kick out of this.
The Newton Project, a UK organization that’s putting the complete works of Isaac Newton online, is featuring an amazing list of 48 “sins” that 19-year-old Isaac committed in 1662, according to a list he wrote. The young genius was both very pious and very peevish, having punched his sister, poked Iohn Keys with a pin, and even threatened to burn down his stepfather’s house.
And all this before Whitsunday!
Here is the complete, and completely scandalous, list:
1. Vsing the word (God) openly
2. Eating an apple at Thy house
3. Making a feather while on Thy day
4. Denying that I made it.
5. Making a mousetrap on Thy day
6. Contriving of the chimes on Thy day
7. Squirting water on Thy day
8. Making pies on Sunday night
9. Swimming in a kimnel on Thy day
10. Putting a pin in Iohn Keys hat on Thy day to pick him.