Who Is Foster Friess? Seven Facts You Need To Know
click over to read the full report
Foster Friess, the multi-millionaire financial investor who—until recently—was practically single-handedly bankrolling Rick Santorum’s presidential campaign…
On his personal YouTube page, more than a dozen sparsely-viewed videos show Friess discussing his philanthropic endeavors as well as his thoughts on President Obama, health care reform and the cause of the economic crisis. Here’s a look at some of the more interesting things about Friess that you may not know:
1. He has a long history funding Islamophobic organizations.
2. He filmed an introduction video to Clarion Fund’s Islamophobic ‘Obsession’ Documentary.
3. He preached intolerance in a commencement speech at the Graziadio School of Business at Pepperdine University. ‘Be more intolerant,’ urged Friess to a room full of graduating students in 2007.
4. Rick Santorum’s not the only beneficiary of Friess’ campaign contributions. Over the years, Friess has contributed millions of dollars to Republican candidates and committees across the country, including Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, Ohio Governor John Kasich and Texas Governor Rick Perry.
5. Friess donated to gay rights advocate, former Republican Senator Alfonse D’Amato. And not just a few thousand dollars either. In the mid-1990s, Friess funneled over $260,000 to committees with ties to the former New York senator, who famously bucked his party on LGBT issues and voted against Don’t Ask Don’t Tell in 1993 and for the Employee Non Discrimination Act.
6. He was a founding donor to conservative news site The Daily Caller.
7. Claimed liberals were to blame for Columbine shooting.