Indianapolis explosion now a homicide probe, officials say
The explosion that killed two people and hurt seven in an Indianapolis subdivision is now the subject of a homicide probe, authorities announced Monday.
Police want to know about a white van seen in the neighborhood before the November 10 blast that leveled several homes, Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said. Neither Curry nor other investigators released any more details on the matter, saying only that a “parallel investigation” had been going on while they were trying to figure out the cause of the explosion.
“At this point, we are here to inform you that we are turning this into a criminal homicide investigation,” Gary Coons, the city’s homeland security chief, told reporters. The officials took no questions after the Monday evening announcement but asked the public to come forward with any information about the van and its occupants.