Homemade Miso Soup
Used Alton Brown’s dashi recipe to start.
Then I moved onto his miso recipe, where I changed some stuff up.
- No scallions (I forgot).
- Dried shiitake mushrooms (about a cup).
- Splash of soy sauce and mirin.
- Miso used was 3 yr Barley and Hearty Brown Rice.
- Added about a cup each of Wakame and Hiziki.
- Added an extra 2 cups of water.
This is a dark miso soup, and utter deliciousness. It’s a bit too salty at the moment, but I think adding more (non-salt-preserved) vegetables will balance that out. A fresh carrot or cucumber would work here, I think.
What do you think?