What They Saw: 5 Eyewitnesses to the Michael Brown Shooting
As theories and distortions of the last moments of Michael Brown continue to multiply across conservative media, it’s important to preserve the initial impressions of the people who were there.
- Dorian Johnson, Michael Brown’s friend
- Tiffany Mitchell, who was visiting her employee in a nearby apartment complex
- Piaget Crenshaw, the woman who saw the incident while standing on her apartment balcony
- Emmanuel Freeman, who saw the shooting outside his window and immediately tweeted about it
- The man who spoke to Brown right before he left for the convenience store.
who currently prefers to remain anonymous
Diana Ozemebhoya Eromosele has collected the stories of these five eyewitnesses, in a story at The Root:
As of press time, at least five eyewitnesses in the Michael Brown shooting case have come forward. All five witnesses had distinct vantage points: One person was with Brown during the incident, one woman was inside her vehicle, another woman observed the incident from her apartment balcony, one man was inside his apartment and another man was standing outside.
None of the eyewitnesses in this roundup—save for two—knew each other prior to the shooting. They could not have imagined that their lives would forever be intertwined as a result of what they allegedly witnessed that sunny afternoon in Ferguson, Mo.