Further Evidence That Wingnuts Get Annoyed When Told Not to Use N-Word
We’re all pretty much aware of it in these parts, but even so, every once in a while something surfaces to do an in-your-face on just how much the Overton Window on race has shifted in the past six years.
So here’s one that demonstrates that the relentless, reckless drumbeat of race hatred engendered by the Obama Presidency has fused its way into the wingnut soul: http://jimromenesko.com/2014/10/03/journalists-get-the-ugliest-letters/
- journalist hears guy watching football game casually toss off the N-word.
- Calls him out on it.
- Gets reprimanded for doing so by the numbnuts at the party.
- Writes a column about spouting racist rhetoric, basically saying "This isn't OK, and it's our duty and responsibility to stand up to racism when we are exposed to it, so it doesn't get any worse."
- Gets charming letter from hysterical racist reader who has deep, deep gender issues (i.e. "To humiliate a man publicly is wrong.")
- Letter culminates in use of c-word
- Wingnuts cheer & threaten journalist with rape
This is the new normal for them. Any criticism, particularly from a woman, is seen as “gelding.” There appears to be the meme that calling out racism, sexism, homophobia, is “regulating our speech!”
The stage is set for the great emasculation meme that will be unfolding during Hilary’s run for the White House.