British Trade and Investment Mission to Cuba
Monday 27 April - Thursday 30 April 2015
Invitation to participate
The Cuba Initiative invites you to participate in a unique high level Trade and Investment Mission to Havana, Cuba. The Mission has the support of both the British and Cuban Governments and will enable participants to meet Cuban Ministers and senior decision makers involved in trade and investment opportunities.
The visit comes at an important time, when Cuban relations with the US, the EU and the UK are evolving. Now is the time for businesses to consider seriously the many opportunities for trade and investment in Cuba, with a population of over 11 million; a highly educated workforce; significant prospects in a range of sectors including energy, mining, tourism, biotechnology, agribusiness, manufacturing, transport andindustry; growing interest from companies in Europe and the US; and a renewed effort from the Cuban Government to attract and welcome foreign investment.
Specific investment opportunities
Cuban Government has identified specific projects for foreign investors in a range of sectors, including:
1) Oil and gas exploration
2) Renewable energy including wind, biomass, photovoltaic, hydropower and biogas
3) Mining of iron, nickel, gold, silver, zinc, lead, cobalt and other minerals
4) Tourism: real estate development, golf courses and hotel management
5) Biotechnology: building plants for the production of medicines
6) Agribusiness: commercialisation of pork and beef, soy, sugar and others
7) A range of industry and manufacturing opportunities
8) Transport and construction including marina and port construction, railways and urban transport
A summary of these projects by sector can be found towards the end of this document. It is also possible to suggest other opportunities to the Cuban Government, its agencies and autonomous enterprises.