Steve Kraske: You Won’t Believe What Politicians Said in 2015
Here’s what those wild and wooly Mo-Kan pols said in 2015:
▪ “Manly firmness.” — Missouri Rep. Mike Moon, an Ash Grove Republican, urging the state’s congressional delegation to use this type of force to repeal Obamacare.
▪ “I don’t think you prove your manhood by kicking folks off their health coverage.” — U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill, a Missouri Democrat, in response.
▪ “I don’t like politics. I really don’t. I think it’s by and large a pain in the ass.” — Mayor Sly James of Kansas City.
▪ “In Kansas I understand it is easier to get a divorce than it is to get out of your cellphone contract.” — Kansas Rep. Steve Brunk, a Wichita Republican, who investigated “the decline of the institution of marriage.”
▪ “This is not Kansas. This is not what the state was founded on. It’s not what we believe in.” — Former Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius criticizing Gov. Sam Brownback’s decision to rescind protections to LGBT state employees.