Attack on Nice: Five Held by French Police
This is a win-win situation for these murderous knuckle-draggers. Why? Let me tell you:
- Any loser, petty criminal, or other pathological creep can commit atrocities and then hide behind religion, as if such things constitute piety. Who's going to disprove it and how, especially when the attackers usually end up dead?
- Groups of sadistic sociopaths like Da'esh can boastfully claim that any given attack was carried out on their behalf. Again, who's going to disprove it and how?
- The right-wingers, both religious and secular, use every attack to amp up their rhetoric of fear-mongering, scapegoating, and calls for more blood/war.
Why should Da’esh waste time & manpower recruiting when people like Gingrich & Trump (not to mention all the anti-Muslim hate bloggers) will do it for them? These people are hands down the best PR department terrorists could possibly have—and they do it all for free under the guise of “patriotism.” Moving on to the article excerpt:
Three arrests were made on Saturday and two on Friday, including the man’s estranged wife, Le Monde reported.
Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel drove a lorry into crowds marking Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais on Thursday before he was shot dead by police.
So-called Islamic State claimed one of its followers carried out the attack.
A news agency linked to the group, Amaq Agency, said: “He did the attack in response to calls to target the citizens of the coalition that is fighting the Islamic State.” […]
While we’re on the subject, I’d like to point out that one of the first people he killed (if not the first) was a French Muslim mother of seven. She was wearing hijab, so the attacker knew full well who he was killing.
The ‘first victim’: A Muslim mother
Fatima Charrihi has been named as one of the victims. Her son, named as Hamza, told L’Express: “She was the first victim. My brother tried to resuscitate her, but doctors told us she died on the spot.” Hamza described Charrihi as “extraordinary”, adding that she wore the veil and practiced “a true Islam - not the ‘Islam’ of the terrorists”. She had been at the seafront celebrations with her nephews and nieces. On Friday an eyewitness suspected many Muslims had been killed because of the headscarves she saw covering the bodies. […]
Below are just a few examples of right-wing anti-Muslim bigotry & scapegoating. If you don’t think these sorts of things play right into the hands of extremists, then you’re not paying attention.
I’ve posted two more pages about Muslims killed in the attack:
- Five Children Fighting for Lives After France Truck Attack - LGF Pages
- Tahar Mejri: 'Where Is My Son?' Tears and Trauma at Nice Hospital - LGF Pages