Preview of Coming Attractions: Attorney General David Duke
Like most people here, I’ve been ping-ponging between disbelief and despair.
Unlike most of you, I’ve actually lived through an election, and a subsequent national meltdown; I’ve been on the scene of actual shooting civil wars, food riots, ethnic cleansing, genocide. And in each case, it started the way it did last night: with a rage-filled group of people coming out of the woodwork, and the honest, diligent people who’ve been trying to keep a bad situation from getting worse feeling shell-shocked.
There’s a lot of things on the table this morning that weren’t there yesterday.
1. Ethnic cleansing of anyone who “looks Mexican” by vigilante groups backed by a Justice Department that endorses and supports the effort to deport 11 million people.
2. Institutionalization of right-wing Christian dogma as law; which means, but is not limited to, the repeal of Roe v. Wade, the censorship of songs, movies, books, video games; criminalization of gay sex, let along marriage; banning of mosques or temples and deportation of all Muslims as well
3. Abandonment of Europe and South Korea to their fates.
4. Tearing up trade agreements, starting a trade war; economy tanks and we see Great Depression-level unemployment +/-30%
5. “Bankruptcy” on the national debt, leading to devaluation of dollar and hyper-inflation in the 1,000-20,000% range (benchmark to ponder: gallon of gas costing $750, not that you’ll be able to find an open station)
6. Repeal of any worker-protection laws, to make racial discrimination legal; sex discrimination legal; gender discrimination legal. Black/latino, gay & women workers in workplace can no longer expect *any* help when they are abused by angry white males
7. Widespread and indiscriminate violence against these minority groups, with law enforcement either looking the other way, or aiding and abetting in the lynchings, shootings, burnings
8. Establishment of “Detention Centers” for suspected “enemy combatants” - ie anyone darker than a paper bag who is denounced by the local Gauleiter
9. Systematic war against all traditional media outlets that ever dared to criticize Trump or the alt-right; lawsuits, investigations, injunctions - every tool of the Federal gov’t aimed at suppressing or imprisoning critics
10. Declaration of a National State of Emergency when the dollar plunges, export economy disappears and the ATMs no longer work
11. Cancellation of elections “until we can figure out what’s going on.”
12. Tanks roll into Europe, South Korea, Middle East.
13. Trump responds with “limited battlefield nuclear weapons”
15. Global thermonuclear war.