Key Lime Pie Recipe - NYT Cooking
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup freshly squeezed or bottled Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- One prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust, refrigerated
- 2 to 3 cups lightly sweetened whipped cream, for topping
- In a mixing bowl, beat yolks until thick, about 3 minutes. Add condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest. Beat again until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour into pie shell, filling it to the brim and mounding slightly on top. Cover with plastic wrap, stretching wrap tightly across surface. Freeze until firm, at least three hours.
- Just before serving, remove from freezer and discard plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then spread with whipped cream and serve.