Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe - NYT Cooking
Ingredients For the crust
- 1 ½ cups ground chocolate wafers (from about 30 cookies)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brandy (optional)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3 eggs
- Nutritional Information
- Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings) 484 calories; 31 grams fat; 18 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 8 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 47 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 38 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 114 milligrams cholesterol; 172 milligrams sodium
- Note: The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Powered by Edamam
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the chocolate crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Add the butter and stir until well mixed. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture, then press the rest into a 9-inch pie plate, pressing it evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the plate. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the filling: Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the salt, vanilla and brandy, if using. Add the chocolate and mix well. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Scrape the filling into the pie shell and sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the top. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Cut into wedges and serve.