Buttermilk-Brown Sugar Waffles Recipe - NYT Cooking
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour or 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar or 1 tablespoon each white and dark brown sugars
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in a large bowl. In another bowl stir dry ingredients together, then add to egg mixture and whisk just until smooth. Let batter rest briefly.
- Heat a waffle iron and butter lightly or spray with nonstick cooking spray (even nonstick waffle irons require this step). Ladle batter onto iron (about 1/4 cup for an 8-inch round iron), close, and cook just until light golden brown. Serve immediately.