Marion Cunningham’s Lemon Pancakes Recipe - NYT Cooking
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup (half a stick) butter, melted, plus more butter for greasing skillet
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- In a bowl, stir together the egg yolks, flour, cottage cheese, butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest until well mixed. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.
- With large spoon or spatula, fold whites into yolk mixture, stirring gently until there are no yellow or white streaks.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease lightly and spoon out about three large tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Cook slowly for about 1 1/2 minutes, then turn pancake over and cook for about 30 seconds. Keep pancakes warm in 250-degree oven until ready to serve.