#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 190915
We did the weekly uncovering and hoisting of the gazebo and then started marking the walls. Because we are getting close…
Look at the left hand in this picture. Sharpie-gate has invaded #thegreatpoolpondconversion
It turns out that one side of the wall is already at the right height. The other side was about a bag short. This is because we are not that careful. Being that accurate would take the fun out of it and a ‘real’ pond wouldn’t be exact either.
So we made 12 bags, shaped them a differently - longer and thinner, placed them and pounded them flat.
As I explained last week the shelf is only completed 2/3 of the way around. Still, we hit a real-life tangible milestone. The sandbags are at the right height. We are at least done with this part of this part.
While we were in the pit and on a roll we made a bunch more bags for next week (didn’t even count em).
Then we switched to backfill. About 16 wheelbarrows from the pile in the driveway and dumped between the sandbags and the pool wall.
The sand pile in the driveway is now smaller than a Nissan Versa. We’ll ‘need moar sand’ soon (another 20 yards).
This was an interesting day’s work. Smooth, fast, efficient. No we’re not professionals yet, and there’s still a looong way to go and lots of obstacles we don’t even see yet. We just felt a different ‘pro’…proficient and accomplished.
And after those 2 hours, with the heat, once again we were toast.
Next week we pound the backfill down level and start on the upper shelf.