#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 191027
At the end of two weeks ago we had just finished making about 60 sandbags.
It’s still plenty hot and sunny here so today we figured out a new way to deploy the gazebo. Faster and easier.
We shifted all the bags from one end of the pool to the other
Then we continued building the upper shelf / wall.
When we took a break, we noticed we were nearly at our goal. Yup… level to the mark on the wall.
And with that the right end of the upper wall is finished! It just needs some backfill. This is a milestone.
After that we made about 60 more bags and in doing so hit another milestone. We hit the bottom of the shallow end of the pool. We’ve used up the original sand dumped in the shallow end from way back at the beginning.
We should be able to move faster now. We’re more efficient and there should be less surprises.
Next week we hope to complete the lower wall now that the shallow sand is gone, and do a bunch of backfill.
It’s time to order another 20 yards of sand.
Then we can finish the upper wall and the final backfill.
with that, most of the really heavy hard work is done.
After that we move on to the next major phase - the liner.
We’ve added a sawzall (b’day present) and some new gloves to the toolbox. We’re itching to find something that needs cutting.