#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 191124
a couple of pictures showing the completed lower level from last week.
two weeks ago we mentioned we got the well pump running. we decided to rip out all the obsolete stuff now.
we got out the new reciprocating saw (from 191027 edition) and one of us, not the man, did most of the cutting.
without going into too much embarrassing detail, there were two times that one of us, not the woman, got well sprayed in the face
- the first time was with 10+ year old, rusty, stale water from inside the tank
- the second was with old, muddy, stale water from inside the pipes that mixed with the dirt during some cutting.
it was well worth it (no pun intended)
an ignominious end
there was a frog living under that blue base so we decided to test market ‘The Toad Abode’ and see if we get good reviews.
(it’s a little house, open on one side…. more on this later)
then we went to work on bags, filling them at the sand pile.
of course now the rain stopped and the sun just had to come out.
the jig holds 6 bags
the yard cart holds 18
then we drive the cart to the pool and walk the bags around to where we need them and drop them in
4 loads, 72 bags in all and once again we were toast.
all in all a very satisfying day of work.
next week we see about completing the upper shelf wall. lay the bags and pound them flat into bricks