Vote Blue, No Matter Who
I didn’t write this. It was posted by a Disqus commenter on politicalwire.com.
Whoever that person was didn’t write it either. It was posted to their FB.
So attribution problems aside:
“Maybe you’re somewhat disappointed it’s Biden, but please remember that in November:
1. You’re not just voting for President.
2. You’re voting for who replaces RBG on the Supreme Court.
3. You’re voting for the next Secretary of Education.
4. You’re voting for federal judges.
5. You’re voting for the rule of law.
6. You’re voting for saving national parks.
7. You’re voting for letting kids out of cages.
8. You’re voting for clean air and clean water.
9. You’re voting for scientists to be allowed to speak about climate change.
10. You’re voting for what a President says and does on Twitter.
11. You’re voting for housing rights.
12. You’re voting for LGBTQ people to be treated with dignity.
13. You’re voting for non-Christians to be able to adopt and to feel like full citizens.
14. You’re voting for Dreamers.
15. You’re voting so that there will be Social Security and Medicare when you retire.
16. You’re voting for veterans to get the care they deserve.
17. You’re voting for rural hospitals.
18. You’re voting so that someone else can have health insurance.
19. You’re voting for the preservation of PBS.
20. You’re voting to have a President who doesn’t embarrass this country every time she or he attends an international meeting.
21. And you’re voting against allowing the USA to become yet another authoritarian regime.
22. You’re voting for sensible gun laws.
**No Democrat is perfect.**
Your first AND second choices may have dropped out. Your third might. But the nominee, no matter who she or he is, won’t be perfect. They won’t pass your purity test. And yet every single one of them will be better than four more years of Trump!!!
Please be reasonable. Show up in November and vote Blue!!
Share widely so we can stay united!!