#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200322
This was another weekend that doesn’t look like much in pictures.
We made a cutout in the stock tank for the spillway slab.
It weighs 55 pounds. We spent some time figuring how to balance it properly and get a nice waterfall.
Then we did some more flow tests.
There’s not much more to tell so this is a good time to review where we’ve been, where we are, and where we’re going.
We spent a bunch of months making sandbag walls, hauling and pounding sand for backfill all to make an underwater landscape.
We had some adventures with tarps, weather, wells, and bailing rainwater.
A few weeks ago installed the liner over our sandbag landscape.
Right now we’re building a small upper pond and waterfall using a solar powered bilge pump.
When that all works mechanically, we’ll start to lay the rock border around the big pond and build rock walls around the stock tank ‘pool’.
At the same time we’ll start to ‘seascape’ the pond/liner itself with different formations of rock, slate, pebbles, fish caves and the like.
Then we get a bunch of starting plants and vegetation and fill it up with water.
It’ll take a couple of months for the water to ‘settle’ and start to turn pond-like.
While that’s going on we have a host of related projects - raised grow beds, a fence, a trellis, etc.
Next week, when some of the puzzle pieces come together, we should have a working waterfall.