#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200510
Sunday was a cool and rainy day because of this:
We were still able to work, so our uninterrupted streak of sundays is intact.
Last week was the lava rock into the bottom (red).
This week we moved on to slate chips (black) for the decorative covering layer.
We opened the first bag and learned it’s awfully dirty and dusty stuff.
And the pieces are not nearly uniform in size.
So our washing grate would not be fine enough.
We had some left over screening laying around so we tacked it in and gave it a try.
It worked well enough for one day but not nearly durable for the long haul.
We managed 16 bags of chips, water blasted and shoved down the chute.
Then we spread it out.
And with that, the bottom channel is done.
The sludge that collected in the bottom of the wheelbarrow (no pictures) was…wow.
Good thing we were advised to clean all the rock.
We finished a bit early so we transplanted some plants into the field.
Two small cactus to keep the big one company. (No idea why we have three cactus plants)
Some wildflowers and some butterfly / milkweed - all raised from seeds.
Next week we start on the lower shelf.
Here’s an index of all the postings in #thegreatpoolpondconversion