#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200830
Ok ok. Lesson learned. Pictures from now on.
There are lots of dragonflies especially in the early AM. They dive bomb and leave rings on the water. They are hard to catch in a photo.
This is another shot of last week’s ‘Not Yvette’
We got the solar rewired pretty quickly. So far, it looks like it’s gonna work fine. No sun and it keeps chugging along for quite a while till the battery dies. Sun and the pump runs and the battery charges all day. Maybe we sized it right. The behavior seems ok with the default settings. We won’t start tweaking until we hook up the 2nd pump. That’s when the draw doubles and the reserve capacity is cut in half, so we’ll know better. And we still have to see how the am/pm thing is over more days.
This is our massive solar array: a small controller and battery - left wire goes to panel, the right to the pump
Sealed the part of the deck that was powerwashed last week. Now it’s waiting for the stain.
And we power washed a bit more. the sealer is clear so not much to see but a mostly clean deck.
Here’s some unwashed deck. Even less to see, but you asked…
In the back is the start of the frame for the first raised bed.
Last week we dug three holes. This week we finished the rest of the holes and of course chipped away a bunch of coral rock that’s in every single hole we dig. Fortunately these were not too deep.
Here’s the frame closer up. Pretty standard stuff.
This is a section of the field. We rottweilered it pretty good, then replanted the purple and green stuff that was invading the beds around the deck.
Then the weeds encroached.
Rottweiling was not that very long ago.
We don’t have a before picture but all that dirt was covered in thick weeds, as high as the grass around it.
This is about 3 sessions of weeding, about 2 hours each.
In fact, the left corner is still not done.
On the right is the slash pine we just recently planted.