#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200906
Saturday we finished weeding that one plot.
We’ll try and stay ahead of it (as if).
The other plots we rottweilered are filling in. The watering is probably triggering the growth.
Looks like some vestigial grass and some probable early wildflowers. And weeds too.
One section is where we used to throw our kitchen compost. Just tossed it in the thick grass.
Now it looks like we’re getting a slew of small papaya shoots. Just totally neglected and ignored and off they go.
The ones we grew deliberately took way more work and attention.
We planted two oak tree seedlings we got from the Pelican Island Audubon Society in Vero Beach. They raised them from acorns.
We also finished framing the first raised bed.
That’s all there is to it. Not real fancy. Could be a corral for pygmy ponies.
The posts and butt ends will be trimmed later on.
Next is to polyurethane the wood and calculate for and order the dirt.
Since we’re also working on the deck right now, we might take a left turn, start the filter and get it working, then circle back to finish the bed.
In fact Sunday was more power washing. We got out both machines this time.
Our deck is about 1400 square feet or so. A fair size when someone else is doing the work with properly sized equipment.
Huge when doing it yourself with underpowered electric sprayers.
If we get it done this weekend then we can seal it and then start staining it grey.
Done part of the deck and the undone part. (You wanted pictures of everything.) No interesting bird visitors this week.
We were tossing around more ideas this week and came up with whimsical addition. (Stay tuned.)
Hopefully it’ll be our last for a while and we can actually attempt to finish all the dreams we’ve already concocted without adding to the list.