#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 201122
Saturday was general maintenance around the place.
Mowing, weed whacking, palm tree trimming, etc.
Nothing picture worthy or really, even pond related.
Sunday was more rain. We really were lucky for that first year. Not one Sunday did we get rained out. (Rained on, yes).
This has been an unusually wet November in both number of days and the sheer volume of water.
About 10.5 inches, which is 750% over normal. November 2019 we had less than an inch of water.
Every time we got up to go out, it would start again and more would come down.
Clearly we wouldn’t be transplanting any bushes or painting the deck.
Eventually we made it out to the barn and started on a prototype support stand for the waterwheel.
A couple of tweaks and that ought to be able to go in next week under the temporarily located filter discharge pipe.
It rained so much that the moats came back.
After Eta when the water finally drained away, we were ‘demoted’.
With this unnamed rain we were ‘remoted’
After a day it mostly disappeared.
So there wasn’t much to see or photograph.
Here’s some of the fish. One of them is wearing a leaf for a hat.