#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210103
We worked Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
We need a break from these holidays.
Thursday and a bit of Friday (New Year’s Eve day and New Years day);
In the background you can see the remnants of a retractable awning.
it was a cantilever design, mounted on top of the roof above the eave.
It was lag bolted into the rafters and the bolts were stripping out.
Over the years we had too much other trouble with it, so it was time to go.
Even with the awkward positioning, we figured we could take it down in pieces.
After all we beat the carburetor, the fridge ice door, the lawn tractor, etc.
And we managed to do it piece by piece, on two ladders, without dropping anything or getting hurt.
As you can see, Friday we finished the basics of the Jasmine bed and one side of the filter screening.
We also received the first check valve, put it in and it works great.
Now the upper waterfall pool doesn’t drain when the pump is off.
When the sun comes out, there’s no need to wait till 50 gallons fill back up. It starts waterfalling right away.
A picture of another (or the same) toad at 5:30AM.
Saturday was a mere 12 miler so we trimmed a bunch of trees.
Planted some stuff in the field.
Leveled the bed.
Then laid the anti-weed landscape fabric, a thick layer of newspaper (belt and suspenders) and topped it with drainage rocks.
Sunday we scooped, carted and dumped a bunch of top soil.