#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210110
We received the second check valve and installed it.
It works as it should.
They should both ease up the startup workload on the small pumps.
We can forget about this for a while or longer.
We bought a bunch more plants.
Some for in the water, some for the soon to be ready, newly created space between the jasmine bed and border.
Saturday was a satisfying 20 miler so only a little got accomplished after.
We laid out plans for a solar distribution panel (a wooden board with stuff screwed and stapled on to it.)
Originally we were going to twist some wires together, screw a wire nut over it and be done.
We need to know how much juice each panel is producing and how much each pump is using.
The low end solar controllers don’t provide a lot of status information.
So we did some homework, got some very inexpensive volt/ammeters and some terminal strips.
This will be a step by step process because, once again, we’re amateurs.
It’s not particularly challenging - basic low voltage electrics, and it won’t be pretty because no one’s ever gonna see it.
We’ll work on one little part at a time and ensure each step is working before we move on to the next.
Before buying another load of dirt we thought we should get the remains of the last load (October 14!!) off the drive.
So Sunday we shoveled. And shoveled, and shoveled.
8 carts of topsoil. About a yard and a half. It felt like more.
We cleared the drive. Hopefully for the last time.
While it may look much like last week. it’s 6” higher and we put the right side rails back on.
We’ll need another yard or so to finish.
Today we ordered a pallet of bagged topsoil.
We’re done with shoveling.
This bed should be done next weekend.
We can probably move the plants back too.