#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210711
Saturday we finished (more or less) our prototype pvc squirrel proof, big bird proof bird feeder. Not bad, needs work.
After some serious rain sunday morning, we continued work on the trellis bed.
Once again, here’s the before:
last week we transplanted the two crinums to the field.
This week we took down the fence.
Instead of digging out the posts (which are in the wrong place for what we want), we just dug down a foot and cut them off.
A smart move in all that heat and humidity. It still took more than two hours.
Been wanting to do this since Hurricane Wilma destroyed the rest of the fence in 2006.
Next week post holes. Exciting! Looking forward to it. (Not.)
One of the armadillos was ambling down the lawn by the deck.
We both saw it this time. We took a picture. We got bushes.
Here’s an index of all the postings in #thegreatpoolpondconversion