#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210725
Saturday we started another side project - kind of pond adjacent.
One final bed in the front of the house. Different butterfly attracting plants for this one.
So we scraped up the top 4-6” layer of “grass” - dumped it out back to fill in some low spots. About 4 carts worth.
It was hot. A mere 96, but still. And the work was reminiscent of the 8 yard dirt pile on the driveway last year. Good times.
Next week comes the usual - clean out the remaining weeds, cover in newspaper for weed block, then topsoil and plants.
A neighbor kindly donated a bunch of pavers we’ll use as a border.
We’re doing the triangle in the corner.
From about the edge of the sealed up door to the tree on the right.
This is an old picture. It doesn’t look like this any more.
Sunday we planted 6 of the 8 posts for the trellis and nursery beds and a/c screen.
Monday was the one year anniversary of the pond filling.
So we built an octopus’s garden