#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210801
Yes we sure are. Just one more post hole to dig in the next project and that’s it.
Saturday we built our second bird feeder.
This is entirely our own design and way less heavy and bulky than the original design we poached.
It should be squirrel and big / heavy bird proof, though this one does have rigid perches.
We’re gonna make at least 2 more like this.
One will be for the small birds, with flex perches, and one for the larger birds.
We’ll see if they sort themselves out.
Pictures haven’t been in abundance because we put off the heavy pond work till it gets cooler (ok, less hot.)
And what we’re doing now is vertical / into the ground. So not a lot to see.
We dug the last two holes and sunk the short posts. We didn’t dig up any surprises.
Then we leveled the ground.
Next we get the wood for the sides and the fence slats, lay the weed barrier and start building the sides.
Since the posts went quickly, we did some serious weeding in the field beds.
And finished scraping off the top layer of grass/weeds/dirt for the front bed.
We might just have this finished next saturday.
This was more than enough work for ‘only’ 99 degrees.