#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210829
One of the solar panels went bad. 10 months.
Good thing we built our solar distribution wall with all the meters and stuff.
Still took several weeks to figure it out.
A week of emails with the company and they’re sending a replacement.
Saturday was an easy day.
After getting our mower back and seeing what bad behavior we had been putting up with…we mostly weeded everything in sight.
Sunday we put up the rest of the rails screening the air conditioner.
Remember, this was before
We built a shelf over the dead cat space, view from the inside.
We’ve waited 12 years to screen in the a/c. We’re happy.
A bit of clean up work and the trellis beds will be done for now.
We may fill in the lower slats by the pump, or not.
Recall we planted some sweet almond bushes in the triangle bed in front.
They were supposed to bloom (not yet) and (hopefully) attract the rare Atala butterfly.
Of course that assumes any are around. Well, they are.
One of them just flew by and stayed long enough for a dozen pix.
Next week we tackle the last fence.
We take down the last pvc panel standing from the fence that blew down in 2006, thanks to Wilma.
And we dig what we hope is the last post hole.
The end of construction is definitely in sight.