#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 210926; “Pictures, Lots of Pictures”
First a solar update:
We thought we were running full 3 panels of power since we put them on the roof.
Three panels into 1 feed wire into 1 controller and you never know if one is goofing off.
We finally realized one was.
Coincidentally, while we were waiting for it, a second one died.
Also warranty replaced.
We decided that instead of one feed wire from the roof that we’d run a separate wire to each panel - its not so much.
And instead of a monitor / meter on each wire we got 2 extra controllers- six of one…
Then we redesigned the distribution panel
Then we ‘discovered’ that one of the ‘bad’ panels isn’t. ;-)
So now we have 4.
For the first time ever we are making more power than the pumps draw.
While they run full tilt, the batteries are at 100%.
After a little more load testing we might be able to wire in a final pump - an aerator.
That’s it. It was a very unstrenuous weekend.
So we took scads of pictures.
Not a retrospective - there’s the index for that.
More of a here’s where we are.
We’ll be slowing down now that the major construction is finished.
No, we’re not ‘done’, there is still lots more to do
Light construction, fixes, and bird houses, feeders, plants, touch ups / finish work.
Most of it is not strenuous or heavy lifting. Still a lot.
But first we’re gonna take a couple of weekends off.
And updates will be less frequent because it’s gonna get boring and not too visual.
That is until it cools off a bit more and we get to the final rocks project.
We started this extravaganza early in 2019. Our first post was in May.
And it’s been quite an adventure .
Look back through the index and remember all the phases and trials and successes we’ve all long since forgetten.
- like remember when we were testing the waterfall spillway
- or draining the deep end with buckets under the tarp
- or A cACTus in several ACTus…