The Islamic State group has reportedly posted the names, photos and home addresses of 100 American troops, urging sympathizers inside the U.S. to carry out attacks against them.
A group calling itself the Islamic State Hacking Division posted the threat on a website Friday night, stating that the troops identified carried out bombings on Islamic State targets in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia and Afghanistan, the New York Daily News reported Saturday.
The group called on the troops to be killed “in their own lands” as they “walk their own streets thinking they are safe,” according to the Daily News. The list reportedly includes photos and personal data on Marines, sailors and airmen, many of whom are pilots.
Tunisia’s president said a hunt is underway for a third attacker after more than 20 people were killed by gunmen at a museum in the country’s capital last week.
Speaking with French TV network iTele from inside the Bardo Museum on Sunday, President Beji Caid Essebsi said the attack involved “three aggressors” and the third man escaped, the Associated Press reported.
Surveillance video of two gunmen walking through the museum was released by the Tunisian Interior Ministry on Saturday. The footage shows the attackers carrying bags and assault rifles. They encounter a man as he comes down some stairs and point their weapons at him, before he flees.
Soldiers from Niger and Chad who liberated the Nigerian town of Damasak from Boko Haram militants have discovered the bodies of at least 70 people, many with their throats slit, scattered under a bridge, a Reuters witness said.
In what appeared to be an execution site for the Islamist group, the bodies were strewn beneath the concrete bridge on one of the main roads leading out of the town. At least one was decapitated.
The bodies were partially mummified by the dry desert air, while grass has began to grow around the corpses, suggesting that the killings had taken place some time ago.
ISIS today claimed responsibility for the Wednesday massacre at the Bardo Museum in Tunisia that killed 22 people, many of them Western tourists, and the two attackers.
In a 3 minute, 10 second audio message disseminated on twitter accounts associated with ISIS, the terror group said that the two dead gunmen, who it named Abu Zakaria al-Tunisi and Abu Anas al-Tunisi, “launched and were heavily equipped with machine guns and hand grenades to target Bardo Museum.”
“The blessed immersing operation led to killing and wounding dozens of Crusaders and apostates,” the message said, “and the failed security forces did not dare to approach but after the two heroes ran out of ammunition.”
The attack was launched at the National Bardo Museum, a popular tourist attraction in the capital Tunis on Wednesday. Laabidi and Khachnaoui were killed when authorities swept in and freed the hostages. A manhunt is underway for two or three accomplices.
Tunisia’s President Beji Caid Essebsi on Thursday said the country is in a “war with terror.” In comments broadcast on national TV, he said: “These monstrous minorities do not frighten us. We will resist them until the deepest end without mercy. Democracy will win and it will survive.”
Two of the cruise ships whose passengers were among the victims sailed out of the port of Tunis early on Thursday. MSC Cruises said nine passengers from the Splendida were killed, 12 injured and six unaccounted-for, according to the AP. The Costa Fascinosa said 13 passengers had not returned on board when the ship left the port, the news agency reported.
Gunmen opened fire Wednesday at a major museum in Tunisia’s capital, killing at least 20 people, mostly foreigners, in one of the worst terrorist attacks in this struggling North African democracy that depends heavily on tourism.
Men with assault rifles fired at tourists climbing from buses in front of the National Bardo Museum in central Tunis near the country’s parliament, sending dozens sprinting for safety. Two gunmen were killed, but Prime Minister Habib Essid said a manhunt was on for at two or three others.
The identity of the attackers wasn’t clear.
Security forces immediately flooded the area, and Tunisia’s parliament building, where deputies were debating the new anti-terrorism law, was evacuated.
Dozens of tourists scrambled from the museum holding hands or linking arms as security forces pointed their guns toward an adjacent building. Many elderly people, apparently tourists, ran in panic to safety, including at least one couple carrying two children.
Also this is good info before you read:
Dude was a mechanic, in the Air Force, for four years in the 1980s. Let's not overplay the veteran angle here. http://t.co/qRoSFrJR9f
A former U.S. Air Force mechanic accused of attempting to join ISIS will appear in court Wednesday to face terrorism charges.
Federal prosecutors said Tuesday that Tairod Nathan Webster Pugh had been indicted by a grand jury in Brooklyn on two counts, including attempting to provide material support to a terror organization.
Public defender Michael Schneider said Pugh will plead not guilty when he appears in Brooklyn federal court, NBC New York reported.
According to the indictment, Pugh was fired from a job in Kuwait as an airplane mechanic in December 2014. He then allegedly flew from Egypt to Turkey on January 10 in an effort to cross the border into Syria to join ISIS and wage violent jihad.
Two bomb blasts have killed at least 10 people near two churches in a Christian neighbourhood of the Pakistani city of Lahore, local officials say.
At least 50 people were reportedly hurt in the explosions at the Catholic church and Christ Church in the city’s Youhanabad area.
Violent protests erupted after the blasts, with large crowds already in the area to attend Sunday mass.
Pakistan’s Christian community has often been targeted by militants.
An offshoot of the Pakistan Taliban, calling itself Jamatul Ahrar, has said it carried out the attack.
A Pakistani court ordered the release Friday of the man accused of plotting the 2008 terrorist attacks in India’s financial capital, drawing a sharp rebuke from New Delhi and further roiling tensions between the rival neighbors.
The high court in Islamabad, Pakistan’s capital, ruled that the detention of Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi was illegal after an anti-terrorism judge granted him bail in December.
Indian officials were “extremely upset” at the Friday ruling and lodged a formal protest with the Pakistani high commissioner to New Delhi, the Press Trust of India reported.