I guess there is no need to change policies or field less loonie candidates, just keeping track of leftwing bad stuff will be sufficient.
To help facilitate that, Hoft has suggested “10 Conservative Ideas to Expand the Base”, number 6 in the list is to create a “Database/Wiki-type site” listing all of the leftwing badstuff.
Before I look at a few of the points made for that suggestion, there are a couple of other suggestions just crying out for attention.
2. Cartoons – These are the single best way to influence disconnected voters and to skewer liberals. Many people send cartoon chains via e-mail or post them on Facebook. Occasionally, Powerlineblog publishes a Michael Ramirez cartoon. Hugh Hewitt has cartoons at his Townhall townhall.com. Our blogs should highlight the best cartoon daily by linking to a database of Conservative cartoonists, perhaps Hewitt’s site.
I don’t know about the Right Wingers who favour Hoft’s site, but all of the Progressives I know are convinced by evidence and well thought out arguments, not Mickey Mouse ragging on Goofy.
3. Hispanic Talk Radio - Conservatives have a stronghold on AM Talk Radio but Rush and Hannity don’t speak Spanish. As I was finalizing this e-mail, listening to Rush, he said he always thought we should have a Spanish translation of Rush. That’s partly the point but we must incubate a dozen other Conservative Spanish/Portuguese speakers and sponsor Spanish-speaking, Conservative Talk Radio stations. Better yet, sponsor Diversity Talk Radio and include Black and Asian Conservatives. Ronald Reagan further honed ideas on Talk Radio in the 70′s; why not Mia Love or Allen West doing the same?
Well if the cartoons can’t make a decent argument for rightwing policies, I’m sure that changing the language instead of the policies will show those Hispanics who really has their best interests at heart.
Just how stupid does Hoft think Hispanic people are anyway?
Don’t bother answering, we know all too well the answer.
5. Facebook – ‘Best of the Web’ is on FB with robust discussions but not Instapundit or Powerlineblog. I joined Facebook to understand how well liberals advocated for Obama in 2008 via social media. There was more pushback from our side on Facebook this time but not enough. Again, a daily cartoon or humorous picture on a Powerlineblog Facebook page could be ‘shared’ by your readers to spread the message.
OMG, did Hoft really ignore Twitter?
I guess the concept of the message being more important than the messenger or the means of transmission is too much for the wingnut right.
Finally we reach number 6 in the list of suggestions.
6. Database/Wiki-type site – We need a Wiki-like database of information on subjects of concern to which only Conservative blogs and trusted readers own the keys. Currently, each blog ‘tags’ stories in their database. I’m suggesting a master database that accumulates in an organized fashion all the best, pertinent posts. It wouldn’t list every burp or sniffle posted, just the best information and blog posts. These are some possible topics:
· Democrat leaders – keep a list of their shameful acts sorted by type of vice.
If Hoft wants to pit the number of shameful acts perpetrated by the Democrats, he’s going to have to overcome the shamefully high number of rightwing shameful acts. Good luck with that Hoft.
· Racism – There are a staggering number of examples of Democratic racism. The reason Democrats prattle incessantly about racism is because their history is indefensibly racist and they are masking that fact while they reach out to minorities. Let’s organize the data and relentlessly explain that the Democratic Party is the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, Slavery, anti-Civil Rights, and racist quotas today whenever they try to tag the Republican Party with that slur. It would include, of course, a List of KKK members and party affiliation throughout history.
Should we mention to Hoft that elections are run and won based on current policies and recent history, not history years/decades/centuries in the past? Currently, all the ties to the KKK, anti-civil rights, and the support of Slavery are firmly in the Rightwing policy world. The attempt to pull a bit of DARVO by calling Affirmative Action (racist quotas) racist is too transparent for even Mickey Mouse to take seriously.
· Misogyny – This includes attacks on Sarah Palin and others
I love this one. The RWNJs like Hoft can’t comprehend how context determines bigotry, so they mistakenly assume that attacking any minority for any reason is racism, and attacking any woman, no matter the reason is misogyny. In reality of course, Palin was attacked because of her lack of intelligence, foolish ideas and inability to prepare for interviews. Believing any person with those shortcomings should be vice-president is, frankly, stupid.
Palin wasn’t ridiculed because of her gender, she was ridiculed because of her glaring unsuitability for the position the Right was trying to force her into.
The last point I want to look at is made up of two Hoft points.
· Global warming
· Examples of anti-science beliefs by liberals
This is a great example of why RWNJs shouldn’t be anywhere near policy decisions based on science. Hoft, and the rest of the denialist rightwing mouth-breathers base their denial of AGW, not on science, but on their dislike of the messengers. There hasn’t been one scientifically credible argument against the reality of global warming and the role humans have in it from any rightwing blog, think tank or scientist. The entire right wing attack has been focused on the motives of the scientists and, for some reason, the UN.
Do you really want people who can’t tell the difference between the message and the messenger making policy decisions?