For me, as a Virginia voter, the Northam fiasco has brought up a number of issues that I am currently wrestling with.
1. When is political redemption possible?
2. When is nullifying someone’s vote wrong?
3. What are the implications and consequences of nullifying someone’s vote?
4. Is ‘purity’ involved in this? And if so, at what point is seeking purity wrong?
5. Who gets to decide on who holds an office beyond his voters?
6. When is it better to lose an election rather than compromise on one’s values?
7. There are multiple threads of loyalty involved. Which loyalties are more important than others? How do you decide?