Ethical Oil FAIL: so slimy it gets mixed with Saudi crude anyway

Obdicut (Now with 2% less brain)11/30/2011 11:55:04 am PST

re: #2 Buck

I guess it is important to point out that this is simply not true. Canada (Alberta) does NOT import oil from Saudi Arabia.


Domestic crude accounts for only about 45% of Canada’s oil consumption. Imports represented the remaining 55%, mostly coming from either North Sea countries or the Middle East. Imported oil feeds refineries mostly in Eastern Canada.

If you mean just Alberta, then who gives a shit?

This whole argument is fucking stupid. The total level of consumption of oil is what sets the price of oil. If we want to defund the oil-rich Middle Eastern countries, we need to not consume so much oil.