Overnight Open Thread

lawhawk2/18/2010 8:02:08 am PST

re: #400 sattv4u2

Independent contractors - and classifying who is an employee is a big deal - both for the employers and for the individual taxpayer. Calling yourself an IC means you have to self-withhold, and you can play all kinds of tricks with reporting income; if you’re an employer who is underreporting income by employees, you too are facing a big problem with the IRS - and that usually means underreporting UI/Social Security, etc.