Because we all know there’s nothing more patriotic than accusing the President of the United States of secretly plotting to aid a foreign terrorist group, ladies and gentlemen, I give you super-patriot Ted Cruz (seen above speaking in front of the extreme right wing Oathkeepers militia): Did President Obama Just Launch an Economic Boycott of Israel? | Ted Cruz | U.S. Senator for Texas
Taken in the context of Secretary Kerry’s comments, yesterday’s action by the FAA raises some serious questions:
- Was this decision a political decision driven by the White House?
- If the FAA's decision was based on airline safety, why was Israel singled out, when flights are still permitted into Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Yemen?
- What was the FAA's 'safety' analysis that led to prohibiting flights to Israel, while still permitting flights to Ukraine--where a commercial airline flight was just shot down with a BUK missile?
- What specific communications occurred between the FAA and the White House? And the State Department? Why were any such communications necessary, if this was purely about airline safety?
- Was this a safety issue, or was it using a federal regulatory agency to punish Israel to try to force them to comply with Secretary Kerry's demand that Israel stop their military effort to take out Hamas's rocket capacity?
When Secretary Kerry arrived in Cairo this week his first act was to announce $47 million in additional aid to Gaza, which is in effect $47 million for Hamas. In short order, this travel ban was announced by the FAA. Aiding Hamas while simultaneously isolating Israel does two things. One, it helps our enemy. Two, it hurts our ally.
Until these serious questions are answered, the facts suggest that President Obama has just used a federal regulatory agency to launch an economic boycott on Israel, in order to try to force our ally to comply with his foreign-policy demands.
Insane in so many ways it’s difficult to count, but let’s just start with the idea that President Obama instructed the Federal Aviation Administration to issue this travel ban, and the entire agency is helping him keep it secret.