So a few days ago I posted a page about how Alabama is attempting to force “Christian” prayer in all Public schools.
Specifically, this revolved around Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin, R-Indian Springs, who blatantly ignored a 2-3 loss in a voice vote for something she (and her imaginary friend) wanted - enforced cult indoctrination in Alabama public schools.
Well, that turns out to be the tip of the iceburg.
She, of course, is an Anti-Choice Forced Birther.
She has, presumably using the same “voice voting with gawd” style unethical (and illegal) techniques as she abused above for the cult indoctrination bill she is trying to push through, pushed four anti-women bills through committee:
- A Ban on abortions after 6 weeks (earliest in the country, this would effectively outlaw abortion)
- A 48 hour waiting period on Abortion
- An effective prohibition on underage abortion
- Enforced emotional torture / blackmailing of women by requiring doctors to inform them that fetuses with fatal abnormalities can be admitted into special hospice centers.
Now, all these are pretty standard cult-written anti-women attempts at religious control, we’ve seen them in plenty of other states (although the “yeah, your kid will be born without a brain but we have a hospice center you can put it in until it eventually dies” thing is particularly horrific and new to me), but McClurkin, the “voice votes with gawd” lady, her reasonings are… scary. Even for an anti-women cultist:
1. She not only admits her bills are an attempt to Illegally ban abortion in her state, her argument is that sex us only for heterosexual procreation and sluts that have sex should expect to be a glorified brood mare.
2. She made headlines last year when she claimed that “When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.” It’s classic cognitive dissonance leaking out (or just bullshit for bullshit’s sake) — because after all, forced-birthers usually claim that fertilized eggs are people.
3. She is, of course, connected directly with ALEC. Most everyone here already knows of ALEC, they’re this group of GOP operatives that write bad template laws that come out of the Tea Party’s wet dreams and then give them to shills like McClurkin to try and push through in every state they can. Stand Your Ground, for example is an ALEC dropping.
4. She brags about not knowing the most basic of elements of how government works, but still was able to unethically sneak an abusive “forced ultrasound image” law through.
Of course, the ACLU is all over these latest 4 bills.