Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:26:39pm
Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:36:03pm

Oops left hanging on the last thread, because I’m slow at following along and easily distracted by YouTube videos.

The Pie Overlord!  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:52:07pm

JFC

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:55:09pm

Its amazing how much corruption, cruelty and racism this awful administration can generate in just a few days; enough scandal to completely engulf any other administration’s entire term of office. The weather service forced to back up Trump’s error; the military diverting flights and the VP diverting his diplomatic mission to funnel money to Trump’s resort; A premier Russian source pulled to protect him from being burned to Putin by Trump; hurricane refugees turned away for the sin of being black; and there are probably things I forgot under the deluge of the raw sewage spewing from this Administration. And we still have 16 more months of this abomination.

retired cynic  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:57:09pm

re: #4 NO SMOCKING GUN!

One might say THE premier Russian source pulled…

Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:57:12pm
Eclectic Cyborg  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:58:21pm

re: #3 The Pie Overlord!

JFC

So he’s admitting you have to be stupid to agree with conservative logic?

jaunte  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:59:24pm

re: #4 NO SMOCKING GUN!

Forget “what if Obama had done it”, Republicans would have impeached Truman for that alone.

NO SMOCKING GUN!  Sep 9, 2019 • 7:59:35pm

re: #5 retired cynic

One might say THE premier Russian source pulled…

jaunte  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:03:47pm
teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:07:29pm

It should have been tied back in a ponytail, but I guess tonight I was lazy. Silly me.

retired cynic  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:10:33pm

Just got an email: Jon Ossoff is running for the Senate in GA. Good luck!

jaunte  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:11:24pm

re: #3 The Pie Overlord!

Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:14:28pm
Joe Bacon 🌹  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:17:24pm

Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:17:25pm

re: #6 Dread Pirate

Remember the movie “the Happening”? What if, like the Day after Tomorrow, the real thing the movie got wrong was how fast nature would work.

Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:18:16pm
retired cynic  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:21:51pm

His typing skills are better than mine!

teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:25:38pm
jaunte  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:32:03pm

re: #19 teleskiguy

Man, she was totally unprepared for a reasoned response.

teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:35:05pm

“As you know, segregation in the past was sanctioned by the government.”

“Thank you for joining us!”

gocart mozart  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:36:24pm
gocart mozart  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:37:08pm
teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:37:10pm
jaunte  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:38:02pm

re: #21 teleskiguy

I bet she was having sudden visions of getting blamed for an exodus of football talent from traditionally all-white universities.

William Lewis  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:42:20pm

re: #24 teleskiguy

Heh. OTOH at least Sarah was able to graduate from college. Scott Walker couldn’t even manage that.

Joe Bacon 🌹  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:45:06pm

Joe Bacon 🌹  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:47:04pm

Scary video from HIAS!

hias.org

Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:55:15pm

re: #19 teleskiguy

Someone was saying in the replies that he was on F&F supporting Trump. If so, she thought she had another black person to use.

teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 8:58:45pm

My hard-hearted cynical self hopes that he’s involved in an elaborate troll to inject facts and logic into Fixed News.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:01:41pm

re: #7 Eclectic Cyborg

So he’s admitting you have to be stupid to agree with conservative logic?

/not all uneducated in college are stupid.

Wow, check out this advert on demanding gun safety legislation. It includes almost all the Democratic candidates for President (video, 1:23)

Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:03:43pm
NO SMOCKING GUN!  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:11:30pm
gocart mozart  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:21:12pm
Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:21:24pm

re: #31 Anymouse 🌹🎃

/not all uneducated in college are stupid.

Yep, and not all educated people are smart. But not getting exposed to people different than you or the ones you grew up with, and not getting exposed to more ideas then the ones you grew up with makes it easier to control you. And most people aren’t naturally curious. It’s why, no matter what the of education you get after high school, I still think some core courses should be taught, like government.

Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:26:13pm

The hard-working staff here at Spoiler Alerts sojourned to Beijing for a long weekend to attend a special fall session of the China Development Forum (the big CDF annual event, which involves dozens of chief executives and Chinese Politburo members, is held in the spring). I had not been to mainland China in a couple of years, so I was curious what could be gleaned from this trip about China and the state of the bilateral relationship…

China is both richer and more closed off. What I saw was consistent with the data about China getting richer: The cars in Beijing were nicer, and the traffic was worse.

What was more striking was the stronger reach of the Chinese state. Since last year, foreigners entering the country are required to have all 10 fingers scanned into a database. It is an Orwellian way to enter a country.

The degree to which China has closed itself off from the Western media is also extraordinary. Without a VPN, I could not access The Washington Post, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News, the Associated Press, Reuters, pretty much every major American news outlet (oddly, Politico remained accessible). Even the CDF itself was essentially closed off to foreign reporters, as none of them were given any accreditation. Besides the Spoiler Alerts staff, the only attendees who write for news outlets were lunchtime speaker Thomas Friedman and the New York Times Beijing correspondent who advanced for him…

Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:28:05pm

re: #34 gocart mozart

The Terminator’s an infiltration unit, part man, part machine. Underneath, it’s a hyperalloy combat chassis - micro processor-controlled, fully armored. Very tough. But outside, it’s living human tissue - flesh, skin, hair, blood, grown for the cyborgs…

Joe Bacon 🌹  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:30:19pm

re: #34 gocart mozart

OK so Ivanka is a Cylon…

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:30:47pm

My high school government teacher in my senior year of high school bragged at the beginning of the course that he’d never given out an “A” grade to anyone.

He was about as far-right as I was to the left then. In debates or questions he frequently called on me to defend my positions.

At the end of the course, he had me come up to the front of the class to announce I was the first person he’d ever given an “A” to in the class.

LOL

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:33:13pm
DodgerFan1988  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:37:32pm
Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:38:39pm

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump (goes to FiveThirtyEight)

In the fifty counties or independent cities with the most college-educated people, Hillary Clinton did better than Barack Obama in the election in forty-eight of the fifty counties.

In the fifty counties with the least college educated people, Hillary Clinton did worse than Barack Obama in forty-seven of those counties.

I feel lonely.

Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:39:00pm

re: #39 Anymouse 🌹🎃

LOL

I had a life science teacher that announced that he’d never given a hundred on a test, and when one of the other students announced I had gotten a 100 on one, he spent five minutes looking for something to bring my grade down. The girl who graded my test got another 100 about a month later.

Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:39:58pm

re: #39 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Oh, and I’m sure Todd is just looking for a newer model if he hasn’t found one already.

teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:40:55pm
teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:47:41pm

This is a “I hate football” comment.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:52:42pm

Life sciences? Was sex involved?

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:53:42pm

re: #45 teleskiguy

A hurricane hasn’t threatened Trump Tower yet.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:54:32pm

Conservative family values.

mmmirele  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:54:47pm

re: #6 Dread Pirate

These parents would have the scourge of polio back if they got their way. I grew up listening to my mother talk about how she was out of school for a year due to the measles, and about the polio epidemics they had every summer while she was growing up. The Salk vaccine became available when she was 16 and everyone was damned happy about it. These anti-vaxxer asshats would bring that crap back.

Belafon  Sep 9, 2019 • 9:57:06pm

re: #47 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Life sciences? Was sex involved?

I don’t remember much. That was definitely in the health class my junior year. Life sciences was kind of a pre-biology class, but it also did human health. I did cut open a frog in it.

mmmirele  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:03:33pm

This guy is auditioning for a Commander’s position in Gilead.

Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:11:12pm

Do you like the blues? Do you like Hendrix?

austin_blue  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:15:58pm

I am sure that at some level, Todd got just tired of her shit.

Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:16:23pm
austin_blue  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:18:59pm

re: #55 Dread Pirate

Wilbur is a grifter who ran a bank in Cyprus whose sole purpose was to launder Russian money. Full stop.

austin_blue  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:20:45pm

Sorry for the drive-by, but it’s time for the kip. Sweet dreams, all.

teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:39:23pm

Lest I forget…

Cory was my roommate for two winters. He was one of my best friends. He was a damn good drummer.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:41:41pm

(goes to the Scottsbluff, Nebr. Star-Herald, more at the link)

A Minnesota man live-streamed his traffic stop. He recorded police fatally shooting him.

A Minnesota man appears to have live-streamed the final moments of his life Saturday night before a confrontation with police that left him dead.

A video posted to the Facebook page of Brian Quinones, 30, shows the man listening to music and driving calmly outside Minneapolis just after 10 p.m. The blue and red lights of police cruisers flash in his rear window.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:43:22pm

re: #58 teleskiguy

Lest I forget…

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope you have many good memories of him.

Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:50:00pm
teleskiguy  Sep 9, 2019 • 10:51:21pm

re: #60 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Approaching the five year anniversary of his death. Happened too close to his birthday, I always get a little choked up when I think about Cory Dedering. He was a good, warm, fun guy. One time him and I ate shrooms and went skiing for about six hours up on Mount Werner. I was telemark (freeheel) skiing and he was snowboarding. That was an adventure.

Anymouse 🌹🎃  Sep 9, 2019 • 11:08:44pm

Okay time for bed.

My wife decided to wind up a move on Hulu: “Pure” (2019), part of their series “Into the Dark.”

In this movie, a bunch of teenage girls, one of whom is a pastor’s daughter (of course) who are sexually frustrated because of Christian purity culture imposed on them, summon a horror movie-wingnut Christian version of Lilith (as one of the girls has a thing about Lilith). In the end, the purity ball in the movie becomes very unpure.

Review:rogerebert.com

Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 11:31:26pm

If only American farmers could capitalize on this desperate need for pork in China. Too bad some dumb-fuck started a trade war.

Dread Pirate  Sep 9, 2019 • 11:46:08pm
retired cynic  Sep 10, 2019 • 12:50:24am

re: #59 Anymouse 🌹🎃

(goes to the Scottsbluff, Nebr. Star-Herald, more at the link)

Can’t read it without answering a questionnaire, so I didn’t. Wishing I could sleep instead.

boredtechindenver  Sep 10, 2019 • 1:00:06am

Here is a CBS news report for the shooting above.

boredtechindenver  Sep 10, 2019 • 1:03:10am

The story about the Texas prison lawsuit in Comment 65 and the link I just posted both have references to Keith Ellison, one the AG for Minnesota and one a Federal judge in Texas. Strange coincidence for the day.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 1:12:07am

Why do I have this dark inkling that the lyrics to the Ballad of Billie Joe McAllister (who jumped off the Tallahatchee Bridge) are rattling somewhere around in the back of Trump’s brain?

Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Sep 10, 2019 • 1:30:07am
John Hughes  Sep 10, 2019 • 3:12:39am

re: #2 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Could be worse, they could be handing out real ones.

John Hughes  Sep 10, 2019 • 3:30:00am

Uh, like the USA?

DodgerFan1988  Sep 10, 2019 • 4:12:29am
Targetpractice  Sep 10, 2019 • 4:54:19am

re: #73 DodgerFan1988

So, which should I point out first? The massive hypocrisy in creating a registry when that’s the entire supposed reason why any form of gun control legislation is off-limits?

Or how populating such a list without violating HIPPA will be virtually impossible?

GlutenFreeJesus  Sep 10, 2019 • 5:40:26am

re: #73 DodgerFan1988

Well. So many Trumpers believe “Liberalism is a mental disorder”… so yeah, that’s their ultimate pan.

jeffreyw  Sep 10, 2019 • 5:49:37am

Good Morning!

Joe Bacon 🌹  Sep 10, 2019 • 5:56:18am
DangerMan  Sep 10, 2019 • 6:10:21am

Remember when Obama said there were 57 states?
Remember when Obama denied he ever said that, even thought there was proof?
Remember when Obama attacked the media for reporting it?
Remember when Obama drew new states on a map with a sharpie?
Remember when an Army general backed Obama up by saying that for operational reasons the US army has divided the USA and its territories into 57 operational areas?
Remember when Obama tweeted a doctored Fox News clip of a senior anchor talking about 57 states?
Remember when Obama had a anonymous member of the USGS issue a statement that there were 57 states?
Remember when one of Obama’s cabinet ordered members of the USGS to fix this issue and threatened to fire anyone that didn’t go along?
Remember when the Inspector General investigated the USGS for backing Obama

that’s the difference

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 6:16:40am

re: #75 GlutenFreeJesus

And when “liberals” oppose this crazy plan, it will be spun as further proof that Liberals oppose all “sensible” gun control

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 6:20:03am

Greets and saluts from the NYC metro area. My thoughts are with the thousands of Bahamians who are barely hanging on after watching their island completed devastated by Dorian and the stench of death hangs over the islands of Abaco and Grand Bahamas. The official toll might be around 40, but the likely total death toll is going to be staggering. It’s what happens when a cat 5 storm sits on the same spot for 36 hours.

Was there more that could have been done to protect those folks ahead of the storm? Evacuate them? Where would they go?

Think about that as you watch Trump deny Bahamians entry to the US because he’s more concerned that gangs and thugs and criminals might enter from the Bahamas. He’s upturned regular immigration policy to make it more difficult for people to seek refuge in the US from a massive natural disaster because the victims are black.

It’s all the same pattern. Trump is a racist bigot, and his actions revel and reveal his bigotry at every opportunity.

Thousands may be dead, and Trump drags his feet to do the bare minimum. He sets up additional requirements, unlike prior administrations that made it easier for refugees to come to the US while their countries recover from devastating natural disasters.

There’s no urgency by Trumpworld to help Bahamas. No mobilization of resources that could help, like hospital ships, or airlifting to help get their ports and airports operational. Nothing.

It’s a huge fuck you to the Bahamas.

And everyone sees this - and sees what Trump is doing to American prestige and leadership. He’s running whatever goodwill the US has into the ground, all so he can enrich himself and his cronies.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 6:27:54am
Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 6:29:14am
Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 6:29:44am
Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 6:33:12am
Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 6:36:21am
Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:09:55am

re: #77 Joe Bacon 🌹

Devin Nunes asked Russian bots to help make an article discrediting the Russia investigation ‘go viral’. Russian bots tied to the Russian Internet Research Agency had previously helped Nunes to boost the Twitter hashtag

and he has a cow over a cow?

Eclectic Cyborg  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:23:07am

Looks like the majority of Americans are getting tired of the endless train of Bullshit from Trump:

President Donald Trump’s job approval rating fell several points in a new survey, while Americans’ fears of a looming recession have escalated and their confidence in Trump’s handling of the economy has sagged.

Thirty-eight percent of respondents in an ABC News/Washington Post poll released Tuesday approve of Trump’s performance in office, a drop of 6 points from a peak of 44 percent approval in July. A majority, 56 percent, disapprove of the way Trump is handling his job as president, while six percent have no opinion.

Americans’ opinions on Trump’s stewardship of the economy, which his re-election effort plans to emphasize to voters as he battles for a second term, have also diminished, according to the survey.

Less than half of respondents, 46 percent, now approve of the way the president is handling the economy, a decrease from 51 percent approval in midsummer. Fewer of those polled, 35 percent, approve of the way the president is handling trade negotiations with China, and 60 percent are concerned that the trade conflict between the two countries will raise the price of goods for their families.

Expect Mango Mussolini to throw a hissy fit about this.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:24:53am

re: #87 Eclectic Cyborg

Trump fails to see that there are ways to keep his base happy without alienating everyone else. But he just cannot summon the necessary self-restraint.

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:28:36am

re: #87 Eclectic Cyborg

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:31:48am

re: #89 lawhawk

Everything Trump touches dies, and his base is only now starting to realize this? Or it’s just everyone else is fed up.

His base will never give up on him as long as he keeps pissing off liberals and mistreating dark-skinned people

but it is shaping up that a lot of the rest have finally given up on his rhetoric

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:39:12am

re: #90 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

And that would suggest that Trump’s closing in on his floor support, and if he stays there, then he’s got little chance of getting reelected.

Amory Blaine  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:43:05am

re: #90 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

The 30% true believers will go to the grave in defense of their failed ideology.

calochortus  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:45:08am

re: #87 Eclectic Cyborg

On the other hand, there’s this about farmers supporting Trump.

Jay C  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:46:19am

re: #91 lawhawk

Shouldn’t that be his ceiling support?

There are always going to be a hard core of wingers who will NEVER vote for any Democrat in ANY circumstances; the trick is to get enough of those disillusioned/fed-ups to either 1) give up and stay home, or 2) pull the lever for the (D). And 1) is likely to be the easier task.

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:48:30am

re: #93 calochortus

There is a disinformation campaign where farmers who are harmed by Trump’s actions go on to claim that the true cause of their economic misery is “deep state” or equivalents - not that Trump’s a reactionary know nothing who doesn’t have a fucking clue about anything and his idiotic trade war and refusal to act to impose the TPP and inability to move NAFTA 2.0 (his USMCA) due to his complete incompetence and lack of understanding about how the legislative process works.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:49:33am

re: #91 lawhawk

The fact that he still has a chance is disturbing enough

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:49:39am

re: #94 Jay C

Floor support - he’s bottoming out. Ceiling was the 47% or so that is where he maxed out.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:50:53am

re: #97 lawhawk

all he needs is a majority of the EC and there are lots of people working to get him that come hell or high water

calochortus  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:51:43am

re: #95 lawhawk

Yup, the USDA is apparently out to get Trump, possibly because they’re angry about the move of most employees out of Washington. Cleverly they began this strategy long before the move was planned. Or something.

GlutenFreeJesus  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:54:08am

Trump has long ago abandoned the popular vote in favor of the EC. Hopefully the Dem candidate next year doesn’t ignore the EC either. IMO the popular vote will be on the Dem candidate’s side.

Jay C  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:54:26am

re: #93 calochortus

re: #95 lawhawk

Yeah: those quotes from the Reuters piece linked in no. 93 are pretty
depressing:

“The question I hear from farmers who voted for (Trump) is, ‘We believed him when he said he would help make the farm economy better, that we could save our farms. Now, who do we blame?’” Matthews said.

Many farmers told Reuters they intend to support Trump again in his re-election bid in 2020.

“It’s much easier to be angry at a faceless Washington bureaucracy than at the man you voted for,” said Jere Solvie, 69, grain and hog farmer from west-central Minnesota who voted for Trump and still supports him.

And unfortunately for the country, I don’t think those attitudes are limited to farmers.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:55:30am

re: #100 GlutenFreeJesus

Assuming that voter suppression measures do not shut them out

gocart mozart  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:55:36am

retired cynic  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:57:33am

apod.nasa.gov

Pluto in True Color

calochortus  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:57:42am

re: #101 Jay C

Yeah: those quotes from the Reuters piece linked in no. 93 are pretty
depressing:

I hope they’ll just be dispirited about the whole thing and not vote.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 7:59:23am

re: #105 calochortus

I hope they’ll just be dispirited about the whole thing and not vote.

I also see that Trump is starting to disillusion a lot of Fundamentalist Christians with some of the things he has said (but not the ones you would expect)

Again, not enough to drive them into the arms of the Dems, but perhaps enough to dampen their numbers next November.

calochortus  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:00:13am

re: #106 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Good.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:03:44am

re: #98 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Yes, but that ceiling, 47%, is right at the minimum he needs. He barely squeaked in an EC victory in 2016.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:04:41am

re: #101 Jay C

Translation: It’s far easier to keep blaming others than to admit I am wrong, and that’s what I like about Trump.

Eclectic Cyborg  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:07:02am

WITH Russian ratfucking.

calochortus  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:07:23am

And it’s particularly hard to admit it when all of my friends and neighbors say they still support Trump because they are my support system. If we just close our eyes and clap to indicate we believe in fairies tariffs, it will all end up OK.

Eclectic Cyborg  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:09:48am

These people are holding on to the faint hope that something will break their way and they’ll eventually be able to say: “See? I was right all along!”

It’s just like a gambling addict who keeps throwing money in the pot hoping for that one big jackpot hit so he can justify having thrown all that money in the pot in the first place.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:14:00am

now he has a lot of executive-branch cards up his sleeve that he has yet to pull out, and you know that the GOP strategists will be working full-time to concoct something to pull out another EC majority

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:14:40am

re: #112 Eclectic Cyborg

And sadly, it’s us “city dwelling, coastal elites,” especially those of us that live in places like Dallas, that really care about saving their farms, not the people they are voting for. I personally believe, that from a strategic standpoint, we should preserve farming in this country, and keep a lot of it out of corporations. But we can’t just help farmers. We have to be able to help minorities, children, the sick, the poor.

Decatur Deb  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:14:49am

re: #110 Eclectic Cyborg

WITH Russian ratfucking.

Which we’ve apparently done little to stop.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:16:09am

re: #113 Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))

Just like in 2018.

I saw an interesting article about Texas, because of the 2018 election, Democrats need to flip 9 seats to get control of the state House. There’s a special election this fall for a seat.

Eventual Carrion  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:17:02am

re: #115 Decatur Deb

Which we’ve apparently done little to stop.

And been destroying the agency that could help curb the influence in our elections.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:17:12am

re: #115 Decatur Deb

Which we’ve apparently done little to stop.

heck, the GOP and Russians are going to double down on the Ratfucking this time around especially as they have no primaries to distract them

DangerMan  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:18:05am

DangerMan  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:22:53am

if milking the government is so miniscule, if it doesnt ‘move the needle’ - ie it’s so small and insignificant as seen from your own perspective, then don’t do it. You’d certainly never notice, as you say yourself..

calochortus  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:25:04am

re: #120 DangerMan

Also, how many times will he tell us he’s going to release his financial info without the least intention of doing so? He seems to be increasingly reckless with completely pointless lies.

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:32:59am

re: #120 DangerMan

Trump always claims that his net worth is dependent on how he feels at any given point in time. No one knows precisely what he’s worth because he’s a private entity whose businesses are all small business corporations and pass throughs and all self-deal with other entities and businesses to maximize Trump’s profits and shift the burdens to others.

Nothing he says on his financial situation can be trusted. Forensic accounting would likely reveal and confirm what we know and expect from the little official information we have from a single tax return - that Trump is highly leveraged and takes advantage of a prior year $1 billion NOL that can reduce his tax obligations to zero for up to 20 years. At one point, he was single biggest individual taxpayer taking advantage of this particular tax reduction provision.

For him to claim that he’s worth too much to care about individual grifts shows that he cares immensely about all these scams and grifts because they all inure profit to him. That’s ultimately the only thing he cares about.

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:39:58am

So, not only is Oslo dead, but Bibi is pushing Israel into becoming a de facto and de jure apartheid state.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:42:16am

re: #120 DangerMan

That is an amazingly blatant response.

He is really counting on being allowed to get away with it.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:54:58am

re: #123 lawhawk

Bibi was always one US idiot away from going full tyrant, and Trump got elected in 2016.

Citizen K  Sep 10, 2019 • 8:58:48am

re: #123 lawhawk

And promises like this are exactly why he’ ll probably win too, because everything fucking sucks.

Skip Intro  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:03:00am

And just like that John Bolton’s gone

retired cynic  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:06:09am

re: #127 Skip Intro

And just like that John Bolton’s gone

Yep, just announced on NPR.

Eventual Carrion  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:06:35am

Just finished the game “Inside”. Very interesting game. Very strange at some points. Was a free download from Epic Games so I got it since I had played the (kinda) prequel to it “Limbo”. If you get a chance to pick it up cheap it is worth the time.

Kilroy was here  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:06:36am

re: #127 Skip Intro

And just like that John Bolton’s gone

And the world is safer for it..

retired cynic  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:07:08am

re: #130 Kilroy was here

Depends on who replaces him!

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:07:48am

And the threat of war in the Middle East is just what Trump’s ailing approval numbers need to recover.

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:08:04am

Trump fires Bolton because he didn’t agree with Trump’s move to have the Taliban at Camp David and Trump broke off negotiations with Taliban altogether.

It’s a total shitshow in Trumpworld, and Trump couldn’t fire Pence (who also apparently disagreed with the Camp David meeting). Everyone in Trumpworld is awful and incompetent, and all of this was entirely predictable.

Decatur Deb  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:10:42am

re: #127 Skip Intro

And just like that John Bolton’s gone

Johnny, we hardly knew ye.

DangerMan  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:11:02am

re: #133 lawhawk

this part i still dont get
trump disagreed with everyone and caved anyway / cancelling the meeting

a ‘strong’ leader would have gone ahead with his own plan because he knew better / is smarter than everyone else

instead he sort of took boltons advice and then canned him

sagehen  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:11:04am

So that’s his 3rd NSA, soon to name a 4th.

Has any president ever had 4 NSA’s in a single term?

HappyWarrior  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:14:36am

re: #136 sagehen

So that’s his 3rd NSA, soon to name a 4th.

Has any president ever had 4 NSA’s in a single term?

Don’t think so.

Barefoot Grin  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:14:59am

re: #131 retired cynic

Depends on who replaces him!

Mulvaney or Jared. It’s a toss up.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:16:02am

re: #138 Barefoot Grin

Mulvaney or Jared. It’s a toss up.

tossers in a toss-off

DangerMan  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:16:24am

re: #138 Barefoot Grin

Mulvaney or Jared. It’s a toss up.

there’s like no one left stupid enough to step into the admin that isnt already hip deep in the muck

HappyWarrior  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:16:28am

re: #138 Barefoot Grin

Mulvaney or Jared. It’s a toss up.

Miller maybe?

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:16:52am

re: #135 DangerMan

He didn’t like that Bolton got the credit for canning the meeting, or that the deliberations showed Bolton’s impact was enough to get Trump to change his mind.

Trump isn’t a strong leader. He’s a weak leader who spends his entire time crafting alt-reality that he’s a strong leader who actually runs a kakistocracy and kleptocracy. Competency is entirely besides the point. That Trump was countered by Bolton meant that Trump couldn’t abide by someone who displayed independent thought (which for a change actually was a broken clock moment).

Everything Trump touches dies, and that includes Bolton’s career.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:19:45am

It is almost as if they are provoking a major Islamist terror attack on US citizens or even on US soil…

Alephnaught  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:20:52am

(Is this a parody account, or the real thing?)

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:21:33am

I went out to walk the dogs and came back to this

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:22:35am

A Bolton out of the blue

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:22:47am

You’re talking about firing me….

We’ll talk about it tomorrow.

You’re fired… by tweet.

Trump is a pussy assed bitch who fired Bolton by tweet. He was too chicken shit to meet directly and fire Bolton.

b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:23:29am

re: #144 Alephnaught

(Is this a parody account, or the real thing?)

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:23:37am

re: #144 Alephnaught

It’s the real thing.

President “You’re Fired” is too fucking cowardly to fire anyone in person and fires by tweet rather than in an in-person encounter.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:23:57am

re: #147 lawhawk

Mustache mad man takes to twitter to say trump was too chicken shit to fire him to his face. Amazing.

This is truly a new style of Presidenting

Skip Intro  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:24:22am

re: #130 Kilroy was here

And the world is safer for it..

There’s always somebody worse.

b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:24:35am

ONLY THE BEST PEOPLE!

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:24:46am

re: #147 lawhawk

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:25:30am
b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:25:41am

Everything Trump touches dies.

Skip Intro  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:26:10am

re: #147 lawhawk

Trump always does that.

sagehen  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:26:44am

So that spy we used to have in the Kremlin, who had to be suddenly exfiltrated…

am I the only one who thinks it’d be good to have him testifying to whatever House committee? On camera, even.

b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:28:03am

never gets old or needs changing

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:29:29am
DangerMan  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:29:37am

re: #154 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

release the sharpie..

makeitstop  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:32:18am

Heh, Bolton’s calling the old man out. On Fox.

jaunte  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:33:05am

re: #147 lawhawk

You’re talking about firing me….

We’ll talk about it tomorrow.

You’re fired… by tweet.

Chrissy Teigen called it.

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:34:31am

re: #161 makeitstop

Bolton wanted to resign. Trump said hold on…. I’ll fire you by tweet first before you can resign, because that makes me look like I’m in charge.

Bolton’s all like - fuck this, I resigned and Trump didn’t want to appear like a pussy assed bitch who isn’t in charge and doesn’t know what he’s doing (Narrator: he doesn’t know what he’s doing…)

Trump’s trying to portray his dominance and control, when everything is spiraling out of control in Trumpworld.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:34:48am

re: #130 Kilroy was here

And the world is safer for it..

Except Bolton wasn’t saything the things Trump wanted to be said.

Citizen K  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:35:18am

re: #157 sagehen

So that spy we used to have in the Kremlin, who had to be suddenly exfiltrated…

Or at least before he suspiciously, ‘accidentally’ falls out of a window in DC. Because I have a genuine worry something like that will happen.

jaunte  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:35:23am

“No chaos, no chaos, you’re the chaos.”

b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:36:52am

“No chaos, no chaos, you’re the chaos.”

LOL, now Bolton needs to bring up the Alabama hurricane…

b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:38:34am

“No chaos, no chaos, you’re the chaos.”

Bolton is burning the place down on his way out…just his style.

Skip Intro  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:38:41am

re: #161 makeitstop

Heh, Bolton’s calling the old man out. On Fox.

So John is going back home to wingnut central then.

makeitstop  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:39:59am

re: #169 Skip Intro

So John is going back home to wingnut central then.

Not exactly. He texted the dork on ‘The Five’ to make clear that he quit, to counteract the bogus ‘firing’ that the WH is trying to spin up.

b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:40:32am
Skip Intro  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:41:43am

re: #170 makeitstop

It’s either Fox or Russial Today. I think Fox will take him back. Maybe he’ll get Lou Dobbs’ slot when Trump makes him NSA.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:43:25am

re: #172 Skip Intro

I’m pretty sure Jared has a friend from high school that read a cryptography book last year that has been recommended.

jaunte  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:44:39am

So who will Putin appoint as our new national security adviser?

Decatur Deb  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:45:21am

So who will Putin appoint as our new national security adviser?

General Buck Turgidson.

b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:45:37am

So who will Putin appoint as our new national security adviser?

How about the newly single Sarah Palin?

rrrr!

jaunte  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:45:47am

Ivanka.

HappyWarrior  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:47:07am

It’s always something.

jaunte  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:47:49am
lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:48:08am
lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:48:45am
HappyWarrior  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:50:03am

re: #181 lawhawk

Fox News Foreign Policy is a brilliant summary.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:54:05am
lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:54:13am
HappyWarrior  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:55:33am

re: #184 lawhawk

Perfectly normal.//

A hollow voice says, Inpeach...  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:56:05am

re: #157 sagehen

So that spy we used to have in the Kremlin, who had to be suddenly exfiltrated…

On camera only if you don’t care that he’d be murdered almost at once if the Russians found out who he is.

Patricia Kayden  Sep 10, 2019 • 9:57:00am
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:00:08am
Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:01:00am

re: #186 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

Or for all those people he would have made friends with who didn’t know anything about the real him.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:02:16am
DangerMan  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:02:57am

vote as if your life and health depend on it, because they do

“About 27.5 million people, or 8.5 percent of the population, lacked health insurance for all of 2018, up from 7.9 percent the year before, the Census Bureau reported Tuesday. It was the first increase since the Affordable Care Act took full effect in 2014, and experts said it was at least partly the result of the Trump administration’s efforts to undermine that law.

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:06:07am

re: #190 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

All of that was known before Trump brought him on board - and Trump hired him anyways.

Trump should never have hired him, and then couldn’t fire him fast enough (Bolton wanted and apparently resigned before he could be fired).

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:07:39am

re: #176 b.d.

How about the newly single Sarah Palin?

rrrr!

wow. first I’ve heard of this development. Hate the Examiner, love this headline.
‘Impossible to live together’: Todd Palin files for divorce from Sarah after 31 years

jaunte  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:08:48am

Ben Shapiro loved Bolton, continuing his run of spectacularly bad judgment.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:08:49am

re: #183 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

That is a seriously unnerving and just plain WRONG photoshopping.

sagehen  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:09:29am

re: #186 A hollow voice says, Inpeach…

The Russians already know who he is. They figured it out a long time ago, when he stopped showing up for work.

jaunte  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:09:37am
HappyWarrior  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:10:07am

Whet else is new.

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:10:16am

re: #193 Colère Tueur de Lapin

Gonna get ugly when it comes time to divvy up the guns & ammo collection…

HappyWarrior  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:10:20am

Ben Shapiro loved Bolton, continuing his run of spectacularly bad judgment.

Yep.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:12:17am
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:13:28am
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:15:58am
Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:15:59am

From Anne Laurie: “Suddenly, the Very Serious People have… CONCERNS!”

(As if that’s a bad thing)

Disloyal Archangel  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:17:33am

re: #123 lawhawk

It’s yet another empty gesture that will have ZERO follow-up after the elections, same as he’s done in previous elections.
Faced with a potential coalition map that’s similar to the last election earlier this year, and with his very survival on the line (like Trump, replying on the fact that a sitting president/PM can’t be indicted), Bibi is now desperately pandering to the far-right voters in an attempt to draw in even as little as a few tens of thousands of voters that might give the Likud party even a tiny edge in the election.
Just two weeks ago, he convinced one of the two small fring right-wing parties to end its campaign in exchange for an assured position after the elections (and knowing full well that he can screw them over once the elections are over, with little actual consequence). With the center-left voters against him at this point, and with a secular-right party now completely against him after decades of support, his efforts are focused on an attempt to secure those relatively few votes on the right to establish the very-thin advantage he needs to assure a right-wing government after the elections without a former political ally.

Thing is, in the past, Bibi excelled at making promises and offers that were subtle enough to be picked up within Israeli society but not make a splash abroad, knowing that in the absence of concrete statements, he could then ignore those promises and offers. Now, he’s seemingly so desperate that he’s become either totally careless with media perception abroad (his former specialty) or that he simply doesn’t care anymore. I honestly don’t know which is worse at this point…

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:21:07am
retired cynic  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:21:40am

WaPo’s fact check goes after Valerie Plame and that political ad. beta.washingtonpost.com

Also:

The ad strongly suggests that Plame was an undercover operative in places such as Iran and North Korea, when that was not the case. (She was under diplomatic cover in Greece.)

Plame’s name and CIA role was first disclosed in Robert Novak’s column. Novak’s original source was Armitage, and his confirming sources were Rove and a CIA spokesman. Novak’s column led to the firestorm that launched a federal investigation. But no evidence shows that Libby disclosed Plame’s role to Novak.
Administration officials were certainly eager to try to discredit Wilson, who had emerged as a damaging critic about the failed search to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. One can possibly draw a fuzzy line from Libby’s inquiries about Wilson’s role, the State Department memo and Libby’s conversations with administration officials to the eventual leak of Plame’s name. The possible seeding of the leak is what keeps this statement from being a Four-Pinocchio claim.
Plame earns Three Pinocchios.

Belafon  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:24:01am

re: #207 retired cynic

Also:

I would only be concerned if they had said she didn’t learn to drive backwards like that from the CIA.

retired cynic  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:25:12am

Nope, they approve that part, and admire it.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:25:26am
retired cynic  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:27:11am

re: #207 retired cynic

A comment from “Bob Atkinson”:

As Cheney’s Chief of Staff I have no doubt that Libby played a huge role in the leaking of CIA operative Plame’s name in order to discredit her husband’s role in exposing that there was no evidence Iraq was attempting to buy yellowcake uranium from Niger. Kessler goes to great lengths to shield Libby from having his fingerprints all over this but as any sentient human being can imagine all hands were on deck in the Bush/Cheney administration to advance the illegal invasion of Iraq and anything that questioned the sketchy evidence they were using had to be shut down. Libby played a part in the illegal outing of a deep undercover CIA operative even as his role has been carefully hidden under layers of cover as deep as Valerie Plame operated under. Methinks Kessler’s evidence is not as strong as his sources in the Bush administration manipulated him into believing. Libby is guilty as charged.

Sir John Barron  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:29:26am

re: #2 Anymouse 🌹🎃

Were there guns in the booth?

Sir John Barron  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:31:54am

re: #181 lawhawk

This Infrastructure Week has taken an odd foreign policy turn.

Colère Tueur de Lapin  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:33:16am

re: #213 Sir John Barron

This Infrastructure Week has taken an odd foreign policy turn.

HA!

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:35:06am

re: #213 Sir John Barron

Today would be a good day for Trump to release his tax returns (evergreen).

Skip Intro  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:38:24am

Bennie is having a meltdown.

plansbandc  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:38:29am

re: #70 Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus

One of my very favorite composers.

b.d.  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:45:52am
Amory Blaine  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:46:51am

“There, there little Benji. Papa Trump may still deliver death to Iran.”

Eclectic Cyborg  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:50:10am

Let me give you the short version of this:

Bolton wanted war. Trump Didn’t. END.

BeenHereAwhile  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:50:45am

re: #73 DodgerFan1988

BREAKING NEWS: Trump is considering a plan to monitor Americans w/ mental illness instead of addressing gun violence.

Had a friend who was facing some serious federal penalties, and was considering an insanity plea.

Had another friend who was the chief psychiatrist for a Southern state mental institution.

So I asked his advice.

He commented that once you get committed to a mental institution, it’s up to the staff to decide when you get to leave.

Whereas you know, when you get to get out of prison.

Shropshire Slasher  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:51:21am

re: #207 retired cynic

But it was brilliant!!!

The Pie Overlord!  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:51:22am

THIS MEME WINS THE INTERNET
(in private tags because NSFW)

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

Hecuba's daughter  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:52:25am

re: #216 Skip Intro

Bennie is having a meltdown.

Trump’s appointment of uber-hawk Bolton as NSA was incomprehensible in the first place. Bolton may have thought that he could influence Trump which was very foolish on his part. Trump can only be influenced to go more aggressively in the direction that he prefers — not to do a 180. So Bolton’s tenure was not going to be long for this world in any case. Given that the NSA doesn’t require Senate approval, maybe Trump will appoint Deripaska to the position? An administration full of Russian loving toadies led by the premier Putin puppet himself.

ED for grammar

The Pie Overlord!  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:55:16am
lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:56:19am

Kevin Kruse and other seem to think Diamond and Silk are leading contenders for NSA.

I disagree. It’s gotta be preborn fundamentalist Christian baby. It checks off all Trump’s requirements, other than the fact he’s adverse to interacting with children, even his own.

Hecuba's daughter  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:58:04am

re: #225 The Pie Overlord!

I remember hearing years ago that Plame had some anti-Semitic posts.

DangerMan  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:59:05am

re: #220 Eclectic Cyborg

Let me give you the short version of this:

Bolton wanted war. Trump Didn’t. END.

i can do it in 4 words:

bolten argued with trump

Sir John Barron  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:59:14am

re: #224 Hecuba’s daughter

ED for grammar

It’s almost as if DJT had no idea who he was hiring.

Eclectic Cyborg  Sep 10, 2019 • 10:59:50am

re: #225 The Pie Overlord!

Awww, damn. That was a great ad too.

Sir John Barron  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:01:33am

re: #220 Eclectic Cyborg

Let me give you the short version of this:

Bolton wanted war. Trump Didn’t. END.

Although it’s hard to imagine a scenario where DJT had coherent thoughts enough to argue about anything with someone. Especially foreign policy.

Not that I’m a fan of Bolton. I’m not.

I think what DJT wanted was “I want to be seen as a tough guy, but I don’t want war.”

Wendell Zurkowitz ((slave to the waffle light))  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:02:56am

re: #220 Eclectic Cyborg

Let me give you the short version of this:

Bolton wanted war. Trump Didn’t. END.

at least not yet…wait until the election is closer

Backwoods_Sleuth  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:04:17am

re: #231 Sir John Barron

Not that I’m a fan of Bolton. I’m not.

He is like every bully that ever existed: Act all tough guy until someone fights back.

Charles Johnson  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:05:22am
Targetpractice  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:05:33am

re: #228 DangerMan

i can do it in 4 words:

bolten argued with trump

I can name that tune in three words:

Bolton said “No.”

Every single time there’s been a high-profile firing from the White House, it has been somebody who the press has reported repeatedly on disagreeing with Donny in-person or in the press. And since the man’s ego will not brook any disloyalty, he fired Bolton in his usual way, i.e. the most embarrassing way he could think short of having the man drug from the WH kicking and screaming.

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:07:02am

re: #235 Targetpractice

I can name that tune in three words:

Bolton said “No.”

I can name that tune in 2 words:
“Toady disagreed”

Also acceptable:
“Lackey disagreed”

I can name that tune in 1 word:
Trump

lawhawk  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:08:55am

re: #236 lawhawk

And further extension - Trump needed to show primacy and dominance by firing Bolton instead of allowing Bolton to resign, because he has to always show who controls. Bolton resigning would be an independent act, rather than Trump saying/showing that he controls everything going on.

All this reveals is that Trump doesn’t know anything about anything, and he will never get how to run an organization like the US government.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:14:39am
Eclectic Cyborg  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:16:59am

Want to hear something that will freak you the fuck out? I can all but guarantee you that Trump has considered making Sean Hannity his next NSA.

Targetpractice  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:18:14am

Of course, now that he’s been voted off the island, Bolton can be assured several months of minor celebrity status among the “liberal media,” while the wingnut media that once lionized him will now find themselves in the awkward position of calling him out for being a warmonger.

The Pie Overlord!  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:19:04am

Which one is the parody?

plansbandc  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:20:01am

re: #239 Eclectic Cyborg

No doubt about it.

lizardofid  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:20:22am

re: #239 Eclectic Cyborg

Nah, he’ll go with experience, Gorka.

// (or am I) ; )

Joe Bacon 🌹  Sep 10, 2019 • 11:21:38am

re: #239 Eclectic Cyborg

Could be worse.

It could be Pam Geller…

Sweet Dreams + White Stripes Mashup Live shows in LA, SF, BOSTON, NY, & DC! Tickets: pomplamoose.com Save this song on Spotify: spoti.fiFollow us on instagram: instagram.comBecome a patron of our music (to vote on the songs we cover and get merch and stuff like ...
Marine Heat Wave Dubbed ‘Blob’ Resurges in Pacific; Mass Deaths of Sea Life FearedAndrew Freedman, Lauren Tierney, The Washington Post Across vast stretches of the Pacific Ocean extending from Hawaii north to the shores of Alaska, and southeast to near California, a new marine heat wave is underway. This event is widely referred ...
Cheechako
Marvin Gaye - What’s Going on (Official Video 2019) Hitsville: The Making Of Motown (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) Available Now! Get it here: motown.lnk.to ‘What’s Going On Live’ album available 10/18!Pre-order here: ume.lnk.to For more Marvin Gaye news and merchandise:Marvin Gaye Facebook: facebook.comClassic Motown Website: lnk.toClassic Motown Store: ...
The Hold Steady - ‘You Did Good Kid’ (Live at WFUV) wfuv.org • Follow @wfuv: ow.ly The Hold Steady performs "You Did Good Kid" live in Studio A. Recorded 9/9/19. Host: Eric HollandAudio: Jim O'HaraCameras: Nora Doyle, Jeffrey Pelayo, Thomas Koenig and Steven RuggieroEditor: Steven Ruggiero and Thomas Koenig ...
Green Day - Father of All… (Official Music Video) Dear friends and fuckers. Here’s our new hot dog video we made for father of all.....? Motherfuckers That’s right! A new vid for the kid. ➡️ greenday.link We wanted to make something about dancing. Anxiety. Tribalism. Joy.. and straight ...
The Highwomen Cover “The Chain” in Howard Stern’s Studio Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, Amanda Shires, and Natalie Hemby perform their cover of Fleetwood Mac’s hit song in the Stern Show studio. Download the SiriusXM app for more exclusive music performances! SUBSCRIBE for more videos: bit.ly Want to know ...
Spencer Elliott - the Last Two People on Earth (Acoustic Guitar) From the CD – Folding Space. 24-Bit Studio Masters and Guitar Tablature available at candyrat.com Video Production – Jason Lockart – Kid In The Background, Inc. Audio Production – Antoine Dufour Buy/ListenSpotify: open.spotify.comitunes: geo.itunes.apple.comApple Music: geo.itunes.apple.comDeezer: deezer.comAmazon Music: music.amazon.com ...
Big Band of Brothers - ‘Whipping Post’ (Feat. Marc Broussard) [Audio Only]From the new album 'A Jazz Celebration Of The Allman Brothers Band,' available November 22: geni.us
Views: 1,576 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 0
The Weight We’re excited to share our newest Song Around The World, “The Weight,” featuring musicians performing together across 5 continents. Great songs can travel everywhere bridging what divides us and inspiring us to see how easily we all get along ...
2 days ago
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 190915We did the weekly uncovering and hoisting of the gazebo and then started marking the walls. Because we are getting close... Look at the left hand in this picture. Sharpie-gate has invaded #thegreatpoolpondconversion It turns out that one side of ...
DangerMan