Gallup: A three-way GOP horserace
A Gallup poll out Wednesday found Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin locked in a close contest for the Republican presidential nomination.
Below are some highlights from the national survey.
• 18 percent of Republicans and R-leaning independents support Mike Huckabee for president.
• 16 percent back Mitt Romney, and 16 percent are behind Sarah Palin.
• 14 percent have no opinion. No other potential candidate breaks single-digits.
• Huckabee’s support has grown since September, Romney’s has slipped, and Palin’s has stayed flat.
• Palin leads among those who didn’t graduate college.
• Romney’s ahead among those who make at least $90,000 a year, while Palin does better among those who make less.
• Huckabee’s No. 1 in the South and the Midwest.