Barack Obama: John Boehner’s Lawsuit ‘A Stunt’
In this the president is right, with the GOP controlled house we have a body of politicians who think their job is to force crisis and confrontation. That’s not why they were elected by their constituents, but in the GOP representing the 13% of hardcore wingnuts in their is more important than governing for the other 87% of their districts. It truly is the crazy tail wagging the dog all the way to Washington.
“The suit is a stunt, but what I’ve told Speaker Boehner directly is, ‘If you’re really concerned about me taking too many executive actions, why don’t you try getting something done through Congress?’” Obama told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos on Thursday.
Boehner, along with other House Republicans, is arguing that the president is misusing his political power and said on Wednesday that he does not believe that Obama is “faithfully execut[ing] the laws.” The speaker also sent a memo to House Republicans on Wednesday afternoon that mentioned what he feels are general examples of Obama misusing his powers, such as executive actions on health care, energy, foreign policy and education.